10 Best Tar remover of 2019
- ONLY ONE STEP: Designed to both clean and condition your car in one easy step
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Cleans without stripping wax protection
- THE BEST CLEAN: Foams away tough dirt, road grime and contaminants
- RADIANT LOOK: Contains ultra-rich conditioners to make your paint look its best
- FOAM CANNON READY: Diverse application allows it to be used in a bucket or in a foam cannon. *Dilute 5:1 when used with a foam cannon.
- The honey-comb design of the McKee's 37 Road Kill Bug Scrubber traps bugs and foreign particles as it removes them from your paint, ensuring the surface doesn't get scratched
- Dirt and grime is easily removed from the sponge, making it reusable hundreds or even thousands of times
- Simply allow it to soak in a bucket of warm soapy water 5 minutes prior to use, and gently rub the affected area
- Leaves a deep, brilliant shine and provides long lasting protection
- Advanced blend of polishes, dyes and pigments fill in light scratches and swirl marks
- Rejuvenates older, faded finishes that have been neglected
- Helps restore and repair a car's finish to the original showroom-like condition
- A must own for commuters, truckers, couriers, and fleet vehicle owners
- Safely removes bugs, tar, grime, tree sap and bird droppings
- Concentrated - 1 capful works with 1 gallon of water
- Pre-wash saves time and energy by loosening stuck-on bugs and grime
- Pre-wash prevents long term paint damage
- Black tinted pre-cleaner and conditioner removes scratches, swirl marks and surface contaminants
- Carnauba based black infused wax brings out the true black in the vehicles finish
- Hand or machine application
- Kit Includes: 1ea Pre Wax Cleaner and Conditioner (12 oz), 1ea Deep Black Carnauba Wax (12 oz), 2ea Black Spray Detailers (12 oz) and 2ea Applicator Pads
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
- Removes tough stains quickly and easily
- Ideal for cleaning your vehicle after long road trips
- Safe for use on all exterior metal, glass and plastic surfaces
- No scrubbing required - just spray on, let the formula soak, and wash away
- Safe on clear coat
- Formulated using advanced, clear-coat safe surfactants, McKee's 37 Road Kill Bug Remover breaks down and dissolves bug guts before they can cause permanent damage
- Application is as simple as spraying on and wiping off - no rinsing required
- McKee's 37 Road Kill Bug Remover is safe on paint, glass chrome and plastic trim
- Add a couple ounces of McKee's 37 Road Kill Bug Remover to your wash solution to supercharge its cleaning power
- Excellent for dried, squashed bugs on windshields, grilles, hoods, bumpers and headlights
- Quick and easy way to loosen debris and wash them away without laborious rubbing and scrubbing
- Fast and effective shampoo and degreaser in one
- Heavy duty all purpose shampoo for tar, grease, road grime and film
- Includes the best bug remover
- Use the sponges (2 of them included with kit) for stubborn bug stains
- 100% clear coat safe and environmentally friendly
- Cleans bugs, tar and bird droppings
- Streak-free formula; if used on glass, rotate to clean portion of the microfiber towel for a final buff
- Preserves wax protection
- Safe for exterior finishes when used as directed
- Can be used on soils for spots cleaning, or used as a pre-treatment prior to washing
Tar remover advice
As the outside temperature rises, motorists complain increasingly about black tar stains on their cars. In strong sunlight and high heat, the road surface heats up and increasingly softens. If cars drive over the surface, small parts of the asphalt break away and stick to the surface car tireglue. These in turn hurl the black lumps in the air while driving and distribute them on the fenders and doors. You can also land on the bonnet and even on the roof by driving ahead. Removing the tar stains from the car paint is a race against time. Because once the black chunks are dried, they can only be removed with a special cleaner from the car.
What are tar stains?
In fact, the black spots are not tar, but a mix of small-grained pebbles and bitumen. Tar or pitch, which is obtained from hard coal, may not be used for several decades in road construction. The reason for this is its strong carcinogenic effect on the human organism. Since then, only the oil extracted and partly naturally occurring bitumen (also called „Erdpech“) is used. According to current findings, it is considered to be non-carcinogenic and largely harmless to health. Although the black spots are strictly speaking no longer made of tar, in general parlance the term tar stain has become established.
Remove tar stains correctly
After a long drive on a hot summer day, the car often looks like a crumble cake. To remove the tar spots, motorists should not let time pass and clean off the black spots with a dry cloth. In some cases, simple butter or margarine can also help. For this, the tar-stain is rubbed with the fat. After a few minutes, fresh tar stains are easy to wipe off. But often it is already too late. If the car has stood up for one night, the stains have dried up and the removal by hand is like a Sisyphean task. Panic is also inappropriate now, because with a special tar cleaner or Tar remover the paint can be saved.
A gentle and chemical-free solution is special modeling clay like Petzoldt’s cleaning dough. With it, car paints, rims and glass panes can be rid of the black spots. For this purpose, the affected area is simply moistened well and then rubbed with the cleaning dough on the dirt. The dirt remains hanging in the clay and is so easily kneaded into it. The Petzolds cleaning dough works with a special lubricant and removes tar residues as well as insect remains, rust and stains from tree resins.
For professionals, a set with various kneading, such as the paint cleaner set by AmbiClean, is recommended. It consists of kneading in different degrees of hardness and a large bottle with special lubricant for vehicle cleaning. It removes tar stains, rust, insect remains, industrial dust and other stubborn dirt. If the play does not lead to the desired success, is often one Tar remover chemically the last resort.
Specific Tar remover on a chemical basis
A proven product is the Sonax tar remover in the 300 milliliter spray bottle or as a 5-liter storage canister. The product is used by bus companies and forwarding companies and is also suitable for household use. In the application, the Sonax tar remover is sprayed on the affected area and maintained for a few minutes. Subsequently, soiling should be easy to wipe off with a dry cloth. The product can remove according to the manufacturer in addition to classic tar and oil stains and remnants of stickers.
A similar mode of action is the tar remover by Liqui Moly in the 400 milliliters spray can. The chemical product dissolves tar stains, resins as well as grease and fresh paint stains on vehicles. On polycarbonate plastics and acrylic glass the product of Liqui Moly (as well as that of Sonax) may not be used. In general, care should be taken with the chemical products. Before large-scale use, car owners should first try the sprays in a less visible place. If the result is satisfactory, it can also be used on the hood or on the fenders. The tar cleanser should not be used on matt surfaces. Due to the gloss effect, these otherwise start to shine, which is difficult to undo.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Tar remover” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Meguiar's G7101FFP Gold Class Car Wash - 1 gallon
- 0.2 McKee's 37 MK37-950 Road Kill Bug Scrubber (2 Pack)
- 0.3 Turtle Wax T-374KTR Color Magic Car Polish, Black - 16 oz.
- 0.4 Chemical Guys CWS_104_16 Bug & Tar Heavy Duty Car Wash Shampoo (16 oz)
- 0.5 Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit
- 0.6 Rain-X 620107 Bug and Tar Defense Pre-Wash Gel-16 Oz, 16. Fluid_Ounces
- 0.7 McKee's 37 MK37-100 Road Kill Bug Remover 16 Fluid_Ounces
- 0.8 Chemical Guys CWS_104_64 Bug & Tar Heavy Duty Car Wash Shampoo (1 Gal)
- 0.9 McKee's 37 MK37-100950 Road Kill Bug Remover Combo Kit, 16 fl. oz
- 0.10 Armor All Extreme Bug & Tar Remover (16 fluid ounces)
- 0.11 Meguiar's G7101FFP Gold Class Car Wash -...
- 0.12 McKee's 37 MK37-100950 Road Kill Bug...
- 0.13 Turtle Wax T-374KTR Color Magic Car...
- 0.14 Chemical Guys CWS_104_16 Bug & Tar Heavy...
- 0.15 Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit
- 0.16 Rain-X 620107 Bug and Tar Defense...
- 0.17 McKee's 37 MK37-100 Road Kill Bug...
- 0.18 Chemical Guys CWS_104_64 Bug & Tar Heavy...
- 0.19 McKee's 37 MK37-100950 Road Kill Bug...
- 0.20 Armor All Extreme Bug & Tar Remover (16...
- 1 Tar remover advice
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-16 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API