10 Best Boys softshell jackets of 2019
- Breathable - The fabric allows perspiration to pass out of the clothing, keeping you cool
- Chin Guard - Fabric covering the underside of the zip for comfort at your chin and neck
- Side Pockets - Two convenient side pockets
- Water resistant - Treated with Durable Water Repellent, droplets will bead and roll off the clothing
- Wind Resistant - Keeps cold air out so you stay warmer and comfortable while walking
- Comfort stretch
- Wind proof
- Insulated, 60gsm
- Fleece lined
- Hand pockets, Fleece lined pockets
- Boys soft shell jacket
- Columbia Kids
- Click on colors for a variety of styles
- Selected styles are hooded
- Cozy interior that delivers warmth and comfort
- Brand logo
- Wind/water resistant softshell fabric
- Drawcord adjustable hem
- Zippered chest and hand pockets
- Adjustable cuff tabs
- Chin guard
- Columbia Infant and Toddler Size Chart
- Columbia Little Kids and Big Kids Size Chart
- He's roaming the forest with the big kids in with unstoppable comfort in the cozy Columbia® Kids Hidden Canyon™ Softshell Jacket.
- Standard fit jacket leaves plenty of room for layering without being too loose or baggy.
- Lightweight stretch fabrication designed with Omni-Shield™ technology shields against wet elements with water-and-stain repellant finish. Attached hood. Front zip closure with chin guard. Raglan long sleeves with stretch cuffs. Slant hand pockets. Straight hem. 91% polyester, 9% elastane. Machine wash, tumble dry. Imported. Measurements: Length: 23 in Product measurements were taken using size MD (10-12 Big Kids). Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- 100% polyester woven shell bonded to a water-resistant film insert and a 100% polyester microfleece lining.
- 1000MM fabric waterproof rating.
- 1000G/M2 fabric breathability rating.
- Zip-through cadet collar with chin guard.
- Reverse coil zippers.
- Zipper pockets
- Iconic logo
Boys softshell jackets guide
A softshell jacket for boys – cool companion on cool days
As the days get shorter, active boys need warming but not too thick clothes to be able to roam freely outdoors. The ideal companion for fall is a softshell jacket. This is, in contrast to classic raincoats, soft and light, it provides movement-joyful children a lot of freedom. The fibers are breathable and prevent the guys from working up a sweat when they move wildly, or when the autumn sun shines out from behind the clouds. Softshell jacketsare very popular with hikers and runners, cyclists and winter sports enthusiasts. The look of the softshell jackets and their image is sporty-cool. Of course, this look is very much in line with the taste of the boys, who want to look cool at least from the elementary age. Bright colors and little bells and whistles are very accommodating for the boy. But even for the little ones, there are softshell jackets completely to their liking. Whether racing cars, funny monsters or firefighters, every mother will find the favorite softshell jacket for her sandbox rocker.
What should be considered when buying a softshell jacket for boys?
Of course, the look is very important to the children. The parents look outside the box when buying and pay attention to the most important details.
Most softshell jackets have a polyester surface that makes them durable and repels moisture. The inside of the jacket is made of velor or fleece, which on the one hand dissipates moisture and on the other hand is high-pile and thus stores body heat.
There are two types of softshell jackets. Some are made of 100% tissue. These are very breathable and are therefore ideal for sports in the fresh air or as a second layer under another jacket in winter.
Other softshell jackets are equipped with a membrane that is processed between the fibers. This keeps wind and moisture off. The membrane jackets are ideal for damp autumn weather and keep the body dry during a downpour.
A further development of the conventional softshell jackets are the Gore-Tex jackets. These are absolutely wind and waterproof and can be worn on long hikes in the rain. However, the Gore-Tex jackets similar to the rain jackets are little breathable.
Who wants to buy a soft shell jacket for boys, should pay attention to a good workmanship of the seams and zippers. The zippers are now often glued to prevent the ingress of moisture.
The hoods often have a rubber waistband to ensure a tight fit on the head. Other models can be individually tightened with the help of cords.
Worth knowing about softshell jackets for boys
The rarer a softshell jacket is washed, the more its breathability decreases. The salts, which are in the body sweat, deposit in the fibers and clog them over time. After sports, after a hike or bike ride, the softshell jacket should definitely be washed. This is enough liquid detergent, If a membrane is present, softener should be avoided as it attacks them.
For drying, the softshell jacket can be treated in the short program of the tumble dryer. This rebuilds the fleece fibers inside the jacket. So it stays fluffy and can store the body heat better. The impregnation is restored.
Who wants a higher protection against moisture, can impregnate the softshell jacket with a spray in the open air. Thereafter, the jacket should be ironed to activate the impregnation protection.
Conclusion: If you have an active boy who likes to spend time outdoors in every season, he is well advised to wear a softshell jacket. When buying should be paid to quality and workmanship. In design, the boys have their own preferences. With the large selection of softshell jackets for boys of all ages you will surely find it.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Boys softshell jackets” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Mountain Warehouse Exodus Kids Softshell Jacket -Wind Resistant Shell Navy 5-6 Years
- 0.2 Columbia Boys Take A Hike Softshell, Black, X-Large
- 0.3 Columbia Boys' Big Ascender Softshell Jacket, Pesto, Medium
- 0.4 Urban Republic Toddler Boys Soft Shell Jacket, Black, 3T
- 0.5 Columbia Kids Baby Boy's Hidden Canyon¿ Softshell Jacket (Toddler) Black 4T
- 0.6 Reebok Boys' Big Active Softshell Jacket with Sleeve Detail, Heather Grey, 10/12
- 0.7 Columbia Men's Ascender Hooded Softshell Jacket, Collegiate Navy, Medium
- 0.8 Columbia Boys Hidden Canyon Softshell Jacket, Cypress, Grill Heather, X-Large
- 0.9 Port Authority Youth Core Soft Shell Jacket, M, Black
- 0.10 Reebok Boys' Toddler Super Soft Shell Jacket, Classic Active Grey Heather, 2T
- 0.11 Columbia Men's Ascender Hooded Softshell...
- 0.12 Columbia Kids Baby Boy's Hidden Canyon¿...
- 0.13 Reebok Boys' Big Active Softshell Jacket...
- 0.14 Urban Republic Toddler Boys Soft Shell...
- 0.15 Columbia Kids Baby Boy's Hidden Canyon¿...
- 0.16 Reebok Boys' Big Active Softshell Jacket...
- 0.17 Columbia Men's Ascender Hooded Softshell...
- 0.18 Columbia Boys Hidden Canyon Softshell...
- 0.19 Port Authority Youth Core Soft Shell...
- 0.20 Reebok Boys' Toddler Super Soft Shell...
- 1 Boys softshell jackets guide
- 2 Check also:
- Girl child suitcase
- Baby winter overalls
- Sleeveless Bib
- swimming diapers
- Stroller 3 in 1
- Girl watches
- Baby and child carrier
- Twin stroller
- diaper liner
- Boys outdoor pants
- Lunch box for the school
- Children bracelet
- Baby bottle sterilizer
- childrens encyclopedia
- Electric breast pump
- thermos box
- Baby walker
- high chair
*Last update on 2019-10-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API