10 Best Drive enclosure of 2019
- Tool free design, easy to install,Transfer Rates Up to 480 Mbps when connected to a USB 2.0 port,Transfer Rates Up to 5 Gbps when connected to a USB 3.0 port.
- Suitable for 2.5" SATA/SSD;Supports Standard Notebook 2.5″ SATA and SATA II Hard drives
- Optimized for SSD, Supports UASP SATA III,Backwards-Compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1
- Hot-swappable, plug and play, no drivers needed
- Operating System:Supported Operating Systems:Mac,Windows;Supported Windows Versions :Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP;Supported Mac Versions:Mac OS X and Higher
- Supports all 2.5 and 3.5-inch SATA drives
- Connects via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0).
- UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support for even faster performance. UASP requires UASP capable host system.
- Serial ATA bus up to 6Gbps Signal bandwidth for fast storage backups
- Fits in any form factor desktop computer case with at least one standard 3.5" internal drive bay
- Adapts 3.5" internal drive bay for use with up to two 2.5" SSDs
- Supports 7mm and 9.5mm height standard SSDs
- Adjustable mounting holes for symmetrical and asymmetrical dual SSD mounting
- Enough clearance for connecting SATA cables without strain to SATA connector
- Supports: Most 7mm/9.5mm 2.5 inch SATA I/II/III HDD and SSD up to 2TB (Max)
- Ultra-Fast USB 3.0 Supports UASP Protocol: SuperSpeed USB 3.0 has a maximum data transfer rate of 5Gbps,20% faster than traditional USB 3.0, with UASP Transfer Protocol.
- Full of Smart Features, Super Easy to Use: Tool-free installation; hot-swap plug and play; LED indicator; compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac
- Brushed Design, High Quality Material: Metal-like brushed casing, ABS material, Shock pad, designed to be a beautiful addition to your desk
- What is in the box: 1 x ORICO 2.5" Hard Drive Enclosure, 1 x USB 3.0 Cable, 1 x User Manual, 1 x Service Card; ORICO provides 18 Months warranty and lifetime technical support for purchase via ORICO direct store
- Supports Standard Desktop 2.5"/3.5" SATA Hard Drives or SSD
- Supports hard drives up to 10TB.
- Plug and play, no drivers needed.
- Supports Offline Cloning up to 60Mbps.
- Supports Transfer Speeds up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0),480Mbps (USB 2.0), 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
- Portable External Storage -- UGREEN USB C 2.5 inch hard drive enclosure can easily connect your 2.5-inch hard drive to a PC, laptop, and other device for data transfer. It protects the hard disk from outside scratches and makes sata hard disk drive portable for data store. Maximize the use of your 2.5" HDD and SSD again, perfectly protecting what you love and cherish.
- 6Gbps UASP Super Speed -- The SATA interface of the ssd enclosure supports 6Gbps max transfer speed and UASP accelerated transmission protocol, 70% Faster than traditional USB 3.0, backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 ports.
- Reversible Type C Gen 2 -- The USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 external hdd enclosure with USB Type-C Gen 2connector provides ultra fast read and write speed. You can plug directly without worry about plugging in upside down.
- Easy Installation -- Plug and play with tool-free installation, no driver needed for this SATA enclosure case. Universal Compatibility --this hdd case supports Windows, LINUX, Mac OS 8.0 and above systems. Specially designed for 2.5 inch HDD and SSD up to 6TB maximum within the thickness of 7 mm and 9.5mm, including Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba, Samsung hdd or ssd with sata port.
- Secure Your HDD Friendly -- LED blue indicator indicates powered status. Attached soft EVA foams on inner sides, this 2.5" USB 3.0 to sata enclosure protects your hard disks from improper shaking and scratches. With detachable 50cm USB A to USB C cable, the type c drive disk cover is quite flexible to connect and take along. ♥Important Note: This enclosure ONLY comes with a USB Type C to USB 3.0 A cable. For using with Mac, pls make sure to use a USB-C to USB-C cable(Not Included).
- Support 2.5"-3.5" drive bays
- Compatible with all Corsair SSDs
- Bays: 1 x internal - 2.5"
- This ORICO enclosure fits most 7mm/9.5mm 2.5 inch SATA I/II/III HDD SSD and supports max 2T.
- SuperSpeed USB3.0 has a maximum data transfer rate of 5Gbps, 20% faster than traditional USB 3.0, with UASP Transfer Protocol.
- Tool-free installation; hot-swap supported, plug and play; LED indicator; compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Transparent innovative design help you to distinguish which hard drive is inside.
- ORICO provide an 18 month warranty and lifetime technical support.
- Supports: Most 3.5 inch SATA I, II, III HDD or SSD up to 12TB (Max); Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Unix Desktops or Laptops;Support UASP;
- Featuring: Tool free installation; Plug and Play; No Reboot and Driver needed; USB 3.0 connection offers data transfer rates of up To 5 Gbps
- Technical: Material: ABS plastic + Metal; Data transfer port: USB 3.0+SATA III; Support capacity: 8TB; Power adapter: 12V2A
- Stable: A shock-proof sponge is installed on the bottom cap of the hard drive enclosure making the hard drive more stable and safer
- In the Box: 1x USB 3.0 3.5 Inch HDD External Enclosure; 1x 12V/2A US Power Adapter; 1x USB 3.0 Data Cable; 1x User Manual; 1x Warranty Card
- 【Applicable SSD 】- This M.2 SSD Enclosure only for NVMe M-Key M.2 SSD (PCIE-based). Applicable to sizes 2242 / 2260 / 2280 solid state drivers. Does not support M.2 SATA based SSDs, M.2 PCIe AHCI SSDs, M.2 PCIe devices such as WiFi and capture cards, mSATA SSDs, and non-M.2 form factor SSDs.
- 【Type C interface】- Both side can be inserted; USB-C Gen 2 10Gbps or Thunderbolt 3 are recommended for extreme speed performance. One HD movie transfer only takes 2 seconds; Backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen1 and USB 3.0 up to 5Gbps.
- 【Aluminum Alloy Shell】- Adopts aluminum alloy shell, slim design, durable and excellent heat dissipation, be portable and easy to carry;
- 【Blue Indicator】- Blue Indicator shows the data transfer status, easy and clear;
- 【High Quality Master Chip】- Adopts high performance controller IC, Complies with UASP, Trim which can effectively improve the speed and exteend the lifetime of SSD. Compatible Multi OS, Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10/ Linux/ MAC. * Pls kindly noted all of our products we provide 1 year warranty. We promise to replace a new one or refund all money for any quality issue, please e-mail us whatever problems you have. Pls feel free to order.
Drive housing guide
General information about Drive enclosure
A personalized computer composed of freely chosen components is important not only for players but also in business. Who his PCconfigure yourself and equip with the desired components, buys best an empty Drive enclosure and sets the graphics and sound card, the hard disk and all other components automatically. Drive or computer cases are available in different designs and designs, can be equipped with different fans and individually equipped with technology. It is practically an empty housing, which allows the construction of a separate computer and which is purchased in the desired color from the preferred manufacturer and in the preferred version. The Drive enclosure itself is not yet a computer, but only the shellfor all technical components and thus the storage space in which the hard disk and other components are installed by the user. Customized computers are easy to assemble thanks to a drive cage, without the user having to have a sound knowledge of the technology. Only the coordination of the components with each other must be respected so that the PC runs faultlessly and flawlessly and enables the focused work.
Function of a drive housing
A high quality Drive enclosure Protects the technical components of a computer from external influences and moisture, from damage caused by impact and cold. It serves the installation of the hard disk, the ventilation and the graphic card, a drive for a playback and recording device and the installation of various external modules. Depending on the claim you can Drive enclosure equipped with various ports and connect it to an external hard drive, the music or home theater system and other technical equipment. The primary function of drive enclosures is the installation of the drive and all the necessary components for a healthy and stable computer. It is possible to build a stand-alone computer or a desktop computer, to design its PC for the use of high-performance online games or to design a workstation with appropriate memory and all necessary modules. If you assemble your own PC and choose the components for the function, you can tailor all the details to your specific needs and be sure that you can install a tailor-made computer tailored to your needs in the drive housing.
Advantages and disadvantages
Commercially available computers have a basic set-up and rise in price, requiring separate modules or very powerful components. If you buy a drive case and put the modules together, you can personalize a PC and align it with your own requirements. Also in terms of cost, a drive cage is very cheap, even if you opt for a model in the trendy design and focuses on a particular brand. There is no real disadvantage, provided that you have the technical understanding and the components of the computer coordinated and properly installed in the space provided recesses. In terms of stability and robustness, drive or computer housings are of convincing quality and therefore the optimal basis for configuring your own computer and setting it up according to your own needs.
Helpful tips for buying
Due to the variety of offers, the purchase of drive housings knows no bounds. You can choose different colors and designs, opt for the favored manufacturer, and be sure that each size and type of drive enclosure is suitable for mounting commercially available computer components. The standardized connections and compartment sizes support the construction of your own PC. Reviews from other shoppers tell you more about durability and quality, as well as the price / performance ratio of each drive cage. Also, a price comparison can be worthwhile and help to save, you complete this at the end of his research.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Drive enclosure” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Sabrent 2.5-Inch SATA to USB 3.0 Tool-Free External Hard Drive Enclosure [Optimized for SSD, Support...
- 0.2 Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External Hard Drive Lay-Flat Docking Station for 2.5 or 3.5in HDD, SSD...
- 0.3 Corsair Dual SSD Mounting Bracket 3.5" CSSD-BRKT2
- 0.4 ORICO USB3.0 to SATA III 2.5" External Hard Drive Enclosure for 7mm and 9.5mm 2.5 Inch SATA HDD/SSD...
- 0.5 Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA I/II/III Dual Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5 or 3.5in HDD,...
- 0.6 UGREEN USB C Hard Drive Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C to SATA External Hard Drive Disk Case Adapter...
- 0.7 Corsair SSD Mounting Bracket Kit 2.5" to 3.5" drive bay(CSSD-BRKT1)
- 0.8 ORICO 2.5 USB 3 External Hard Drive Enclosure Casing for 2.5 inch 7mm/9.5mm SATA HDD SSD Support...
- 0.9 ORICO Toolfree USB 3.0 to SATA External 3.5 Hard Drive Enclosure Case for 3.5 SATA HDD and...
- 0.10 SSK Aluminum M.2 NVME SSD Enclosure Adapter, USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) to NGFF NVME PCI-E M-Key Solid...
- 0.11 Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA I/II/III Dual...
- 0.12 SSK Aluminum M.2 NVME SSD Enclosure...
- 0.13 Corsair Dual SSD Mounting Bracket 3.5"...
- 0.14 ORICO USB3.0 to SATA III 2.5" External...
- 0.15 Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA I/II/III Dual...
- 0.16 UGREEN USB C Hard Drive Enclosure USB...
- 0.17 Corsair SSD Mounting Bracket Kit 2.5" to...
- 0.18 ORICO 2.5 USB 3 External Hard Drive...
- 0.19 ORICO Toolfree USB 3.0 to SATA External...
- 0.20 SSK Aluminum M.2 NVME SSD Enclosure...
- 1 Drive housing guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-10-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API