10 Best cable cutter of 2019
- High-leverage design for exceptional cutting capability of 4/0 aluminum, 2/0 soft copper, 100-pair 24 AWG communications cable
- Precision, one-hand shearing action
- Cable-gripping shear-type jaws
- Perfect for working in confined spaces
- Can be carried in most tool pouches
- Designed to enable easy cutting of cables; Not for steel or ACSR
- Constructed from high carbon drop forged steel
- Offers long lasting durability; Cuts up to 4/0 aluminum and 2/0 copper
- Channellock blue comfort grips
- Site hardened cutting edges shear through soft metal wires and cables
- This cable cutter is designed for cutting steel wire which up to 5/32", If you want to cut the steel cable seals, single strand wire, like the fencing wire, any bolt cutter should do. after 200 cuts off the 1/8'' 7x7 assemble coated steel security cable it still very sharp and clean cut
- This cable cutter can make very precise, very clean cuts without fraying or smashing the ends. it not only cut the cutaway cables and ripcords perfectly also great for grommet removal.
- Worked easily cutting the cable. Didn't even need both hands to cut up to 3/16 galvanized and coated cable for those wondering.
- If you can fit soft or hard steel cable wire rope in the jaws of these cutters, it will be cut. Made quick and neat work .
- Recommended for installing 1/8" Muzata cable railing projects. The pair of the cable railing kit please search B01L73UNKK, Require assorted 1/8" stainless steel railling cable please search B01N0N4IME
- Shear-cut blades
- Cuts soft and hard steel cable, wire rope, and small ACSR cable
- Cuts up to 3/8 in wire rope or up to 7/16 in ACSR
- Notch holds cable in blades
- Cuts copper and aluminum wire up to 1 in in size
- OUTSTANDINGLY POWERFUL TOOL - Excellent tool for cutting stainless steel wire rope
- NO FRAYED CUTS - Unique angled blades provide a clean straight cut every time
- ONE-HANDED OPERATION - Thumb catch designed for one-handed operation
- NEVER LOSE THEM - Bright yellow handles so they stand out in a crowded toolbox
- Heavy Duty Steel Wire Rope Cable Cutter CUTS UP TO 5/32in STAINLESS STEEL CABLE
- DURABLE ratcheting cable cutters perfect for cutting up to 750 kcmil copper and 1000 kcmil aluminum cables
- MINIMAL CABLE DISTORTION: Hardened steel blades ensure consistent cuts and long-term durability
- REPLACEABLE BLADES provide long lasting cutting of copper and aluminum wire
- QUICK-RELEASE lever opens blade at any time during operation
- EXTRA COMFORT provided by molded grip for stability and leverage when making cuts
- Heat treated blades
- Electroplated handle to resist rust
- Durable PVC Dipped handles for added grip
- For use with Copper & Aluminum electrical wire only
- Forged, Precision Ground Shear Action Blades. 12" Steel Handles with Rubber Grips.
- Effortlessly cuts Copper & Aluminum Cables up to 4/0 gauge.
- Perfect for Battery & Welder Cables, Building Wiring, SO Cord and more.
- 5 Year Warranty from a well-known American name. NON-GENERIC
- PVC Coated High Leverage Steel Handles
- This is not an insulated tool
- Easily cuts heavier copper and aluminum cables up to 2/0 (70 mm²)
- Cold forged, heat treated steel handles for strength
- Precision ground cutting jaws for a clean cut on every cable
- Built in crimper for cable end caps and forming hole for reforming housing ends and housing ferrules
Cable shears guide
The cable cutter , is also under the name wire cuttersold. In detail, it is a double-edged Toolfor cutting through cables. The scissors is an important tool for various work in the field of electrical installation.
How does a cable cutter work?
In general, cable shears work much like wire cutters. The latter, however, are mainly suitable for harder material. Insulated single conductors and single wires are usually with one side cuttersevered. When cutting a multi-part cable with a larger cross-section, a cable cutter is required in any case. Thanks to the proven shear cutting principle, squeezing of the cables can be reliably prevented. In addition, one has cable cutter a comparatively small cutting angle and particularly sharp cutting edges. These allow easy penetration into the softer materials inside the cables, such as aluminum and copper. For a harder material, the cutting edges are the cable cutter rather unsuitable. Thanks to a large selection of different tools, there is a suitable pair of scissors for every taste.
Which cable shears are sold in the trade?
Commercially the cable shears are sold in many different versions. In general, the double-edged tools can be divided into short and long shears. Furthermore, there are simple cable shears and models with a ratchet drive. The simple cable shears cut through the cable in one go. Cable shears with ratchet drive are suitable for cutting larger cross sections through the combination of different cutting steps. Every single step is characterized by a very high level of translation.
The large cable shears in the trade are usually 20 cm long or even longer and usually need to be operated with two hands. In addition, electrically powered scissors are sold in the trade and these can be used very pleasantly. Thus the buyers a suitable cable cutter they should know which characteristics and criteria play a role. What kind of cable cutter should be purchased, depends on the purpose and personal preferences. Some buyers value ease-of-use with just one hand while other craftsmen prefer larger scissors.
What should buyers value?
The most important features of a cable cutter include length and cutting performance. The length is given in centimeters, millimeters or inches, depending on the model. With regard to the cutting performance, buyers must pay attention to the maximum cable diameter. In addition, most scissors have an indication of the maximum wire cross section. The materials used by the cutting edge and the handle are also important. A high-quality cable cutter has hardened precision cutting edges with a ground and chrome-plated surface. The handle is ergonomic and non-slip and consists of 2 components. Before buying, the craftsmen should read the product information carefully. Not every cable cutter is suitable for every type of cable. There are models for cutting simple copper and aluminum cables and cable shears for stranded copper and aluminum cables. The latter are a lot longer and have a higher cutting performance.
The build quality of the tool is particularly important and should by no means be underestimated. High-quality cable shears or cable cutters are made by renowned manufacturers, such as Würth. They cost in direct comparison to cable shears from unknown manufacturers significantly more money, but also have a higher quality. Regardless of the manufacturer, buyers should definitely make sure that the scissors are VDE-approved. In terms of safety when working, it is also advantageous if the cable cutter has a pinch protection. A recommended cable cutter is the VDE cable shears from Würth. The scissors are a total of 58 cm long and should be operated with both hands. The maximum cable diameter is 27 mm, while the maximum cable cross-section is 150 mm².
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”cable cutter” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Cable Cutter, High Leverage Coaxial Cable Cutter for Aluminum, Copper, Communications Cable Klein...
- 0.2 Channellock 911 9.5-Inch Cable Cutter | High Leverage Curve Jaw Cutting Edge is Heat-Treated for...
- 0.3 Muzata Stainless Steel Wire Rope Aircraft Bicycle Cable Cutter for Deck Railing,Up to 5/32"...
- 0.4 Apex Tool Group 0290FHJ HK Porter Wire Rope and Cable Cutter
- 0.5 Cable Cutter for Stainless Steel Wire Rope Aircraft Bicycle Cable and Housing, Cuts Up to 5/32"...
- 0.6 Southwire 58277740 Tools & Equipment CCPR400 Heavy Duty Compact Ratcheting Cable Cutters With...
- 0.7 Cal Hawk Tools CPLWC8 7.5" Steel Wire Cutter
- 0.8 TEMCo Wire and Cable Cutter - 4/0 (0000 Gauge) (120 mm²) Capacity 12 in. Handles Electrical Tool 5...
- 0.9 Greenlee 727 Cable Cutter, 9-1/4"
- 0.10 Park Tool CN-10 Professional Cable and Housing Cutter
- 0.11 Southwire 58277740 Tools & Equipment...
- 0.12 Apex Tool Group 0290FHJ HK Porter Wire...
- 0.13 Muzata Stainless Steel Wire Rope...
- 0.14 Apex Tool Group 0290FHJ HK Porter Wire...
- 0.15 Cable Cutter for Stainless Steel Wire...
- 0.16 Southwire 58277740 Tools & Equipment...
- 0.17 Cal Hawk Tools CPLWC8 7.5" Steel Wire...
- 0.18 TEMCo Wire and Cable Cutter - 4/0 (0000...
- 0.19 Greenlee 727 Cable Cutter, 9-1/4"
- 0.20 Park Tool CN-10 Professional Cable and...
- 1 Cable shears guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-27 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API