10 Best compost of 2019
- FCMP Outdoor
- DF omer
- DF OMER
- Envirocycle Systems Inc.
- DF OMER
- FCMP Outdoor
- Made from UV high impact plastic
- Large clearance area underneath to allow for easy unloading. Cart has low profile makes it easier to collect and transport compost
- Ratched locking handle. Geared handle which allows for easy turning of composter, even when fully loaded
- 65 gallon capacity drum. Cart has 12 gallon capacity.
- Adjustable built in air vents in drum
- Tumbling composter - avoid digging and mixing your compost pile by hand. The tumbling design makes mixing easy and efficient. Just close the door and turn it 5-6 times every 2-3 days. In hot sunny conditions and with a proper balance of ingredients the compost can finish in as little as 2 weeks.
- Easy to use - fantastic for beginners! The large openings and removable doors make it easy to add Scraps/clippings and remove finished compost. Deep fins on the body provide great ergonomic handholds.
- Two composter bodies are better than one - two separate sides allow the first side to finish while leaving the second side available to add fresh Scraps/clippings. Continuously swapping sides after finishing will create an uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost. Total capacity 37 gallons (5 cu Ft)
- Excellent aeration - all our composter models feature aeration holes as well as deep fins to break up clumps inside the chamber and mix lots of oxygen into the compost. Tumbling composters allow FAR greater aeration than standard models.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - BPA free UV inhibited recycled polyethylene is contact safe and will not degrade under direct sunlight. The painted galvanized steel frame is corrosion resistant and will look great for years.
- Two 50-gallon barrels allow for continuous composting; Cubic Foot Capacity: 6.7 ft3 (0,18 m3)
- Aerated internal Bar mixes compost and allows needed airflow
- Ingenious tumbler design - turns on axis for easy and balanced rotation
- Load one barrel while the other barrel processes - includes Processing indicator
- Convenient loading Height; long-lasting strength and durability; how to compost guide included
An own compost system makes a lot of sense. Garden and many kitchen waste are optimally utilized, it is almost constantly replenishment of valuable humoser earthavailable and not least, the hobby gardener also saves the purchase of expensive fertilizer, However, it is important that the compost heap is laid out correctly so that it does not become a pure waste pile. Several different compost systems are available on the market, which have many advantages, but also some disadvantages.
The composter made of wood
A compost system can be assembled from simple wooden slats without much effort, but sturdier and more robust are usually finished wood composters from the trade. Basically, wood as a material from nature fits very well in a garden. It is also living, that is, it absorbs moisture and releases it back to the environment when dry. Finished wood composter are also relatively cheap and easy to assemble using a plug-in system. The removal of the finished compost is usually done from above, since the wood systems are usually open. Some products are even stackable in height, also there are in addition to the classic square models and rectangular versions, which are usually much larger.
However, as the wood is subject to weather conditions due to permanent exposure to moisture, there is always an acute risk of decay. Often, after a few years, individual rotted planks have to be replaced. When buying is therefore necessarily on a high quality sealingor impregnation.
Meanwhile, there are also wooden composter with a frame made of hot-dip galvanized steel (for example by Bellisa). To build the impregnated wooden floorboards must be pushed only in the sheet metal receptacles.
The metal composter
A metal composter such as the brand Brista convinces especially in the areas of longevity and resistance to moisture. If the material is hot-dip galvanized, it tends neither to rot nor to rust. A metal composter is extremely stable and withstands even a stronger storm or a rough treatment. That’s why it’s a bit more expensive than a comparable model made of wood. In addition, home gardeners must accept that the maturation process of the compost behind metal mesh lasts longer compared to other systems. Namely, the natural heat development that is given, for example, in the natural material wood is missing here. In addition, if the zinc alloy of the metal has damage, the rust process will eventually begin. It should also be remembered that the waste is on the compost are already visible from afar through the fine metal grid. This is not desired in every garden.
Fast and Thermo compostermade of plastic
As the name implies, in a fast composter you can be good in a short time compost produce. The models are usually made of plastic and are thus relatively resistant to moisture, cold and other weather conditions. It is important, however, that the material is also UV stable, otherwise it can quickly become brittle when the composter is in a sunny spot. Thermo composters (among others from the manufacturers Neudorf and Graf) are also made of plastic, but they also have a heat-insulating sheath. The temperature is thus stored very effectively, which accelerates the ripening process of the compost once again. Quick and thermo composter are also closed, so that there is no odor. In addition, flies, mosquitoes and other annoying insects are kept away. The removal of the compost is often done by a flap on the side or in the front area. When buying, consumers should make sure that this sampling flap is sufficiently large so that the compost can be taken out without problems. A disadvantage of both variants, the fast and the thermal composter, but also: they are visually no eye candy. Due to their compact design, they are also suitable for smaller gardens.
Compost production very easy
Disclaimer: This video is not from us, but we think it’s interesting enough to suggest it here.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”compost” max=”1″]
- 0.1 FCMP Outdoor 37 Gal Dual Chamber Tumbling Composter Bin for Soil
- 0.2 EJWOX Composting Tumbler - Dual Rotating Outdoor Garden Compost Bin, Easy Turn/Enough Height/Heavy...
- 0.3 Miracle-Gro Single Chamber Outdoor Garden Compost Bin - Large Volume, Compact Design 27.7gal (105L)...
- 0.4 Miracle-Gro Dual Chamber Compost Tumbler - Outdoor Bin with Easy-Turn System, 2 Sliding Doors,...
- 0.5 Envirocycle The Most Beautiful Composter in The World, Made in The USA, Food Safe, BPA Rust Free, No...
- 0.6 Miracle-Gro Large Dual Chamber Compost Tumbler - Easy-Turn, Fast-Working System - All-Season,...
- 0.7 FCMP Outdoor 37 Gallon One Piece Tumbling Composter Bin for Soil
- 0.8 RSI MCT-MC Maze Compost Tumbler, Black
- 0.9 FCMP Outdoor HF-DBC4000 Dual Body HOTFROG Tumbling Composter, 37gallons
- 0.10 Lifetime 60309 Outdoor Double Bin Rotating Composter, 100-Gallon, Brown
- 0.11 Lifetime 60309 Outdoor Double Bin...
- 0.12 Envirocycle The Most Beautiful Composter...
- 0.13 EJWOX Composting Tumbler - Dual Rotating...
- 0.14 Miracle-Gro Dual Chamber Compost Tumbler...
- 0.15 Envirocycle The Most Beautiful Composter...
- 0.16 Miracle-Gro Large Dual Chamber Compost...
- 0.17 FCMP Outdoor 37 Gallon One Piece...
- 0.18 RSI MCT-MC Maze Compost Tumbler, Black
- 0.19 FCMP Outdoor HF-DBC4000 Dual Body...
- 0.20 Lifetime 60309 Outdoor Double Bin...
- 1 Compost Guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-28 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API