10 Best Contact Grill of 2019
- 5-in-1 countertop unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle. Dimensions: 13.50 L x 11.50 W x 7.12 H inches
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; sturdy panini-style handle; floating cover to adjust to thickness of food. BPA Free
- Removable and reversible 11" x 9" dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking plates drain grease for healthy cooking into the integrated drip tray.
- Adjustable temperature controls with indicator lights; gourmet recipes and scraping tool included
- Please refer to the Product Video and the User Manual before use.
- 4 Servings - Tight on kitchen space? The 60-square inch grill is the most popular George Foreman Grill, with space for a tasty main course for four, or a complete meal with veggies and other sides.
- Removable Plates - Easy cleanup is essential, and that's what the removable grill plates are all about. Pop them in the dishwasher after grilling and they'll be ready to go for your next meal.
- 35% Faster Heatup - Less time heating, more time eating! The improved heating elements preheat 35% faster* to get you from plug-in to plate in record time.
- Advanced George Tough Nonstick Coating - There's a lot to love about this nonstick coating. It's 3x¹ more durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil.
- Fat-Removing Slope - It's the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat** from meats for lean, tasty meals.
- Enjoy grilling all year long: This indoor grill with hood and window has a high searing heat that locks in juices and flavors, and lid closes to Give you signature grill marks
- Instant grill master: sear at 450 degrees or use adjustable temperature dial to grill at lower heat
- Keep an eye on your food: This indoor grill with hood comes with a convenient window in lid lets you watch food cook while keeping heat inside
- Easy to clean: indoor grill hood, plate, and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe
- Nonstick cook plate: electric grill plate is Removable and dishwasher safe, so there's no more endless scraping to clean your grill
- First electric indoor grill that cooks by adapting its grilling cycles to the thickness of the foods
- 6 automatic cooking programs for Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat and Fish. Cooking surface: 600 square centimeter
- Easy monitoring of the cooking process with its preheating / ready indicator lights and audible beeps for rare, medium, and well done
- 2 cooking modes: one for frozen food and a manual mode so you can cook anything the way you want
- Die cast aluminum and removable nonstick plates for effortless food release and cleaning; dishwasher safe drip tray and plates. Refer the complete userguide before using the product
- Indoor searing grill with digital display and adjustable temperature controls
- 100-square-inch cooking surface grills up to 4 burgers at a time; Automatically switches to your selected grill temperature
- Floating hinge accommodates thicker sandwiches or steaks; nonstick coating
- Quickly heats up to 500 degrees F; illuminated sear button; dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Measures approximately 14 by 13-4/5 by 7-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
- Three Appliances in One - This handy cooking machine quickly goes from toasting sandwiches or frying up eggs and bacon to crafting large, fluffy waffles. All it takes is a simple switch of the reversible cooking plates
- Nonstick Reversible Cooking Plates - The removable nonstick grill plates are easy to clean and tough enough to handle any meal you wish to create. Do not place them in a Dishwasher
- 180 Degree Hinge - The unique hinge doubles the available cooking area, giving you a large, flat griddle surface for more cooking options
- Adjustable Temperature Controls
- Multiple Servings - The 8x8" cooking surface has room for four servings. You can make up to eight servings when you lay the top of appliance flat
- 5 cooking functions: contact grill & panini press, open full grill, open full griddle, half grill half griddle
- Removable, dishwasher safe die-cast plates with embedded heating elements
- Digital control LED panel with two knobs to set the temperature control of the two plates.External dimensions (l x w x h inches): 18 x 14 x 7.5
- Large cooking surface of 14.5in x 9in (doubles to 14.5in x 18in once opened)
- Hanging self adjustable hinge won't crush small sandwiches or large pieces of meat while still cooking it through
- Sensors: automatically adapts cooking time to the thickness of any food
- 6 cooking programs: Burgers, Poultry, Sandwiches, Sausage, Red Meat, Fish
- Cooking indicator light changes from yellow to red to signify the level of doneness
- audible beeps alert you when food is at rare, medium and well-done
- Frozen food function to defrost and cook all types of food
- Grills up to 6 servings
- 90 sq. in. nonstick surface
- Low-fat grilling: fat drips away from food as it cooks
- Cooks most meals in 10 minutes or less
- Nonstick grill plates wipe clean easily
- Exclusive autosense technology: for perfect cooking adapted to the ingredients, their thickness and their quantity
- Easy to clean: dishwasher-safe removable non-stick plates and drip tray
- Cooking levels indicators: - Identifies 5 cooking stages under the Automatic mode: Rare, Medium Rare, Medium, Medieum Well-Done and Well-Done - Choose between 5 temperature levels for the Custom Temp mode
- 3 cooking modes: - automatic mode: 6 pre-set programs (burger, chicken, sandwich, pork, red meat and fish)
- Custom temp mode: flexibility to grill fruits, vegetables or to customize favorite recipes - one touch defrost, then cook with ease with the automatic mode
Contact Grill Guide
Contact grills – what should be considered?
Barbecuing is one of the most popular pastimes in the summer, or at least preparation for food. But the other details are already a taste, if not a question of faith. This already starts with the choice of the grill. Each type has advantages and disadvantages. However, if it is to be an electric grill, then contact grills are a particularly good choice. The grill pro, they offer at least one alternative to charcoal grilland compared to conventional, open electric grills they have some advantages. As with all electrical appliances, contact grills have a number of features that must be considered. The more carefully the selection in advance is made, the less annoying and more fun you have at the end with the selected model.
Power consumption and temperature
Barbecuing is characterized by the high temperatures used to prepare the food. A good contact grill must have a correspondingly high power consumption so that steaks and other foods are actually grilled and not just lukewarm. A power consumption of at least 2000 watts and a resulting temperature of 200 ° C or better up to the 300 ° C mark are mandatory – exceptions confirm the rule! The high temperatures, which are desirable to make meat crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, can be achieved to some extent by the processing. A good Contact Grill is accordingly heavy built and better insulated. This keeps a temperature of 230 ° C even with a 1000 Watt grill, like the Tristar GR-2841. In case of doubt, however, the handle to a 2000 watt model, such as the Tefal GC 3060, is the better choice. But not only the maximum achievable temperature is of crucial importance, but also their control! There are contact grills that offer different temperature levels with a 3 in 1 function. In addition, should be a good one Contact Grill also allow precise temperature control.
Size and workmanship
The grill area should be chosen based on the people for whom cooking is usually done. However, the weight of the contact grill says something about its quality. A heavy grill is usually built solid, keeps the temperature better and has a particularly stable state. The processing should otherwise appear high quality, because what looks inferior, it is usually synonymous. A feature that is not always present but quite desirable is a barrier to the upper part of the grill. With a lock, this can be closed tightly and prevents snagging with the risk of burns. A feature that is usually given little attention, are the feet. These should be generously dimensioned and, above all, non-slip. Especially on a countertop or a kitchen table is a slipping, hot grill an absolute disaster!
In addition to the standard features, many models offer additional extras that are not essential, but make use more enjoyable once you’re there. This includes details such as a cable reel, which prevents, especially during operation, that a too long cable can get on the grill surface and be burned. Also, a 3 in 1 function, which allows to use the grill for baking, for normal and for barbecue grilling is positive and extends the application of the device significantly. Ultimately, however, the quality of the grill areas counts. These must be as high-quality as possible anti-stick coating and the coating, especially if it consists of the, in the food harmful to health, plastic Teflon must be as abrasion resistant as possible. There a Contact Grill is completely closed, and liquid, as well as fat from the grilled food can escape in one direction, namely in the drain cup, this way must be designed appropriately. Poorly designed models are inadequate and the drain pan may be too small or poorly cleaned.
The Tefal GC 3060 offers a good mediocrity of all characteristics. The Bartscher A150674 is particularly powerful and the BEEM D2000 730 offers the highest quality design.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Contact Grill” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler, GR-4N, Silver/Black Dials
- 0.2 George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press, Black, GRP1060B
- 0.3 Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate,...
- 0.4 T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill, Indoor Grill, Removable Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Plates, 4...
- 0.5 Hamilton Beach 25331 Super Sear 100-Square-Inch Nonstick Indoor Searing Grill
- 0.6 BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker with Nonstick Reversible Plates, Stainless Steel, G48TD
- 0.7 DeLonghi America CGH1020D Livenza All Day Combination Contact Grill and Open Barbecue, Stainless...
- 0.8 T-fal GC702853 OptiGrill Indoor Electric Grill with Removable and Dishwasher Safe Plates, 1800W,...
- 0.9 Hamilton Beach (25371) Electric Indoor Grill with Non Stick Plates, 90" Cooking Surface, Silver
- 0.10 All-Clad PG710850 AutoSense Stainless Steel Electric Grill Contact Grill with smart sensor,...
- 0.11 DeLonghi America CGH1020D Livenza All...
- 0.12 All-Clad PG710850 AutoSense Stainless...
- 0.13 BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker with...
- 0.14 T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill,...
- 0.15 Hamilton Beach 25331 Super Sear...
- 0.16 BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker with...
- 0.17 DeLonghi America CGH1020D Livenza All...
- 0.18 T-fal GC702853 OptiGrill Indoor Electric...
- 0.19 Hamilton Beach (25371) Electric Indoor...
- 0.20 All-Clad PG710850 AutoSense Stainless...
- 1 Contact Grill Guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-27 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API