10 Best lawn fertilizer of 2019
- Complete NPK Lawn Food: 16-4-8 is the perfect blend of key macronutrients. This lawn liquid food turf fertilizer also contains Seaweed & Fish.
- Contains High Quality Natural & Organic Feed Grade Ingredients: Nourish your lawn to health with safe, pure liquid Nutrients. No harsh chemicals causing stress on your lawn. We believe in nourishing your lawn to health the right way.
- Easy To Use: Designed to be easily applied. This complete Nitrogen, Phosphate and Potash formula gives your grass greening & growth while providing nutrients for roots, health and turf strength.
- All Grass types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Florida Palmetto, Bahia, Fescue, Ryegrass & Kentucky Bluegrass
- Produced In The United States: 16-4-8 is manufactured in the United States of America, by a family owned business with 25 years of former experience in the commercial professional turf industry.
- Feeds and strengthens your lawn against heat and drought
- Kills and protects against listed bugs
- Won't burn lawn-guaranteed
- Your lawn will begin to wilt when water is needed; Take advantage of nature's sprinkler and rely on the rain to water your lawn
- A healthy lawn can clean the air, produce oxygen, prevent runoff and reduce soil erosion
- Feeds for deep greening in just 3 days for greener grass
- Dual-action, 2-in-1 formula feeds and supplements with iron
- Fertilizer not to stain when used as directed
- Apply to any grass type in the spring, summer and fall months
- Recommended for many lawns as part of the Scotts Lawn Care Plan
- 28-0-0 Liquid Lawn Food Nutritional Supplement: High Nitrogen Formula. Use to stimulate Green & Growth or to treat nutrient deficiency.
- The Power of Quick Release and Slow Release Nitrogen: 70% quick release nitrogen to stimulate quick green and growth while 30% slow release nitrogen keeps your lawn feed in between applications.
- Contains High Quality Natural & Organic Food Grade Compounds: Nourish your lawn to health with safe, pure liquid nutrients. No harsh chemicals causing stress on your lawn. Designed to be quickly & easily applied.
- All Grass types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Palmetto & Bluegrass. Safe for Children and Pets.
- Just like the human body your lawn needs essential vitamins and nutrients to survive and maintain health. Read in Description Sign of Symptoms of Nitrogen Deficiency.
- Revitalizes lawn to a thick turf by strengthening root systems
- Lawns will green up within 3 to 5 days
- Promotes a robust root system for a healthier lawn
- Provides effective year-round care by helping plants withstand heat, cold and drought stresses
- Covers up to 6,250 sq ft
- Triple Action kills, prevents and feeds
- Kills the weeds you see and the ones you don't, including dandelions, chickweed, clover and most other common broadleaf weeds as listed
- Prevents crabgrass for 4 months and feeds to build thick green lawns
- Also prevents barnyardgrass, fall panicum, foxtail, annual bluegrass, broadleaf weeds, corn speedwell, prostrate spurge, knotweed, purslane, chickweed, henbit and oxalis
- For use on Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, Centipedegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue and Fine Fescue, and Zoyiagrass
- Super Juice Spray Lawn Fertilizer is the first ALL-IN-ONE, complete, balanced, lawn fertilizer that comes in a dry mix. Simply add to water and using a hose end sprayer apply to your lawn
- One bag of Super Juice will treat ONE ACRE* or 43,560 ft of lawn at the full concentration rate
- Super Juice can be applied in a 14-2-4 ratio for a full acre of lawn, or most use it at half strength in a 7-1-2 ratio, and it treats two full acres. NO waste products and Bio waste
- Cannot be shipped to South Dakota.
- Packaged in a resealable foil-lined bag with an easy open tear strip which saves time and effort during mixing and loading
- BALANCED LIQUID LAWN FOOD FOR ALL GRASS TYPES: LawnStar Premium 16-4-8 delivers a well balanced troop of the macronutrients (Nitrogen, Phosphate and Potash) your lawn needs during the spring & summertime!
- SUPERIOR, PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Including a premium blend of fast & slow release Nitrogen sources to give your lawn rapid green up AND superior longevity! Also contains highly-bioavailable seaweed extract for maximum effect.
- MAKES YOUR LAWN GROW GREENER AND FASTER: While developing a stronger, more resilient root system and improving stress tolerance. Perfect for ALL grass types!
- EASY-TO-USE HOSE END SPRAYER: LawnStar 16-4-8 is delivered ready-to-go, so you can focus on reclaiming the pride in your lawn. The hose end sprayer attachment included on the bottle fits with any standard garden hose makes application a breeze and dosage more accurate.
- BACKED BY OUR EVERGREEN GUARANTEE: We get it... Trying new things can be tough. That's why we take all of the risk for you! Buy it, try it, and if you aren't thrilled with the results you get from using 16-4-8, contact us within 30 days of purchase and we'll process a no-questions-asked return + refund.
- Instantly feeds all grass types
- Encourages a soft green carpet of grass that will be the pride of the neighborhood
- The fast way to a thick, green lawn
- Covers up to 4,000 square feet per box
- For use with the Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder
- Feeds and strengthens to help protect against future problems
- Builds strong, deep roots
- Improves lawn's ability to absorb water and nutrients versus an unfed lawn
- Okay to re-enter lawn immediately after product is applied
- Apply any season to any grass type
Lawn fertilizer guide
After the winter break in spring, when the first flowers sprout, it is wonderful to be back in nature and in the garden. However, what to do if the year before still green raceunsightly brown spots and the grass has a rather pale green color? This is a sure sign that the lawn needs to be revamped by giving it the right amount of care through good fertilization. However, lawn fertilizer is not so easy at the present time, because in the trade are countless means of fertilization on offer and you easily lose track. With a little skill and prior knowledge, however, this circumstance can be remedied, because who knows what he wants and what is important for the lawn, can do almost nothing wrong. Most lawns have a significant lack of nutrients, especially after the winter break. Therefore, the pale green color and the small increase are also caused. The growth of the lawn, however, determines the tightness of the grass. Lawn grasses need a specific mixture of specific nutrients. The most important nutrients at a glance:
– Nitrogen (N): This substance causes the lawn to grow and is also called growth accelerator. By the way, it also helps to make the grass greener.
– Phosphorus (P): This agent promotes root growth. This substance is a true source of energy.
– Potassium (K): Potassium is a tonic and increases the resilience of the lawn. It strengthens the grassesnot only against dryness, but also against cold and diseases that may be caused by parasites or the like.
Which lawn fertilizer are useful?
Of course, the nutrients must not be simply supplied and seep into the groundwater. To prevent this, there are special long-term lawn fertilizers in the trade. These ensure that all nutrients are available in the right shape and quantity. With a good one lawn fertilizer these nutrients are present in the right proportions. When used correctly, everything goes according to plan. The grass does not burn and the substances have a long-lasting effect and promote the growth of the grass in the right way. It is also important that the lawn fertilizer prevents nitrate leaching. Because if nitrate gets into the groundwater, it can turn into the poisonous nitrite, which is harmful to the environment. For the end user it is not advisable on agricultural or horticultural lawn fertilizer because they often have a wrong composition of nutrients. They cause too fast fertilization of the lawn and this is effective only for a short time. Moreover, they are only suitable for generating a rapid height growth. This only has the consequence that the green area must be cut frequently. Rapid treatment of the lawn may result in increased nitrate leaching during rainfall, which can pollute the groundwater. Many experts recommend using organic fertilizers in such cases. These can also be purchased commercially, as well as produced by organic household waste in your own household.
Organic lawn fertilizers: that’s what you should pay attention to
The organic one lawn fertilizer , which is offered in retail, consists of purely organic materials, which are taken from natural products. The commercially available granules are made from small parts of grains, guano or horn shavings. On the green area, the organic substances are gradually transformed by microorganisms into nutrients. The actual effect of fertilizing is usually only visible after three or four weeks. Organic lawn fertilizers are particularly often used as slow-release fertilizers, as they only have a convincing effect in the long term. The biggest advantage of this type of fertilization is its good compatibility with the environment. Neither the lawn nor the environment harms its use. The granules contain no admixture of harmful chemical substances. Organic lawn fertilizer is particularly recommended when small children or pets live in the household. These can be on the with organic fertilizerkeep the fertilized lawn without any danger to the body. The granules themselves have no damaging effect on the body. Although experts recommend the organic fertilizer for long-term care, its use also has its drawbacks: resorting to organic remedies is not necessarily the first choice for a heavily underserved lawn, as the nutrient content may not be sufficient. In addition, the effect of granules made from natural substances is not always as well controllable as one would wish. For the proper care of the green area a control of the fertilizer success is necessary. The period of several weeks is too long and the results are not always consistent. Before using the organic fertilizer, the pros and cons should be carefully balanced.
At what time of the year and how often should the lawn be fertilized?
An ornamental grass or the grass in the private garden should be fertilized twice a year. In the spring towards the end of March or the beginning of April, the first fertilization usually takes place. The grass needs fresh nutrients after the long winter months, so that it regains its beautiful color and growth is stimulated. In summer, between the middle and the end of July, the second fertilization of the green area takes place. As a result, the grass is well prepared for the heat and the increased UV radiation of the suns. For heavy use of the lawn, for example, by playing children or the like, a third fertilization a year is essential. As a result, the lawn is recovering much faster from the exertions. Similarly, lawns that are shaded by a third fertilizer will get a nicer look. The third fertilization process can be put on end of August, then it is not so hot and the active ingredients can act well on the lawn. If you want to do something good for the lawn a fourth time and also want to better prepare it for the winter months, then you can do that in October. For this purpose, a special lawn fertilizer can be used, which has a high content of potassium, as this strengthens the grass in addition.
This is how the lawn is treated properly
It is important to fertilize the lawn to ensure that the lawn fertilizer is evenly distributed on the lawn. Otherwise it can quickly lead to unsightly stains on the lawn. For beginners, it can sometimes be difficult to estimate the appropriate amount for distribution, so it can be helpful to add additional resources. On gritterhelps to distribute the lawn fertilizer evenly on the green area, since the amount can usually be adjusted on the cart. Also a hand spreadercan provide helpful services in classifying the amount. If a spreader has already been used for the planting of the lawn, this can also be used with fertilization. When selecting the fertilizer amount, care should be taken what is recommended on the package. An optimal result can only be achieved if one adheres to the specified amount prescribed by the manufacturer. In addition to the calculation of the correct quantity, one can use a generally valid formula, which, however, is secondary to the manufacturer’s instructions. The formula is as follows: 25 to 30 grams of fertilizer are enough per square meter.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”lawn fertilizer” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Advanced 16-4-8 Balanced NPK - Lawn Food Natural Liquid Fertilizer - Spring & Summer Concentrated...
- 0.2 Scotts 49013 Turf Builder SummerGuard Lawn Food with Insect Control 13.35 lb, 5 M
- 0.3 Scotts Green Max Lawn Food - Lawn Fertilizer Plus Iron Supplement Builds Thick, Green Lawns - Deep...
- 0.4 Maximum Green & Growth- High Nitrogen 28-0-0 NPK- Lawn Food Natural Liquid Fertilizer- Spring &...
- 0.5 Safer Brand 9334 Lawn Restore Fertilizer - 25 lb
- 0.6 Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action, 5M
- 0.7 Super Juice All in One Soluble Lawn Fertilizer
- 0.8 LawnStar 16-4-8 NPK Fertilizer (32 OZ) - Makes Grass Grow Greener & Faster - Liquid Lawn Food with...
- 0.9 Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Lawn Food - 5 lbs (Not Sold in MD, NJ)
- 0.10 Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Food, 2,500-sq ft (Lawn Fertilizer)
- 0.11 Super Juice All in One Soluble Lawn...
- 0.12 Scotts Green Max Lawn Food - Lawn...
- 0.13 LawnStar 16-4-8 NPK Fertilizer (32 OZ) -...
- 0.14 Maximum Green & Growth- High Nitrogen...
- 0.15 Safer Brand 9334 Lawn Restore Fertilizer...
- 0.16 Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action, 5M
- 0.17 Super Juice All in One Soluble Lawn...
- 0.18 LawnStar 16-4-8 NPK Fertilizer (32 OZ) -...
- 0.19 Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Lawn Food - 5...
- 0.20 Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Food, 2,500-sq...
- 1 Lawn fertilizer guide
- 2 Check also:
- Letterbox freestanding
- Swimming Pool solar cover
- column fountain
- Lawn Mower
- pool maintenance
- fence door
- Arch Of Roses
- Multi Roller
- Swimming Pool rectangular
- Outdoor light with motion detector
- Einhell lawn mower
- energy Profile
- post anchor
- Border Fence
- Electric Lawn Rake
- plants clip
- Garden Privacy Screen
- Snail Trap
- children wheelbarrow
*Last update on 2019-09-27 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API