10 Best sickle of 2019
- Designed for heavy duty clearing and scrubbing of tough vines weeds undergrowth
- Black soft rubber grips and the 9-inch aluminum tube handle
- Razor sharp 9-inch carbon steel straight edge hooked blade provides powerful cuts
- Useful in many horticulture applications
- Overall tool length measures 18-inches
- Weeding Sickle is part of an extensive line of gardening tools,Also suitable for crops and animal husbandry.
- Multi-Use:Can be used for cutting grass,vines, branches, weeds and even edging lawns or undergrowth harvesting.
- sharpened blade has great tensile stregth for more cutting power,13.8-inch hardwood handle Hand allows maximum leverage and forcewith ergonomic design.
- A quality product with an elegant look makes a great gifts for the great laborers in life.
- Steel Grass Sickle size - 17.3 in x 7.3 in / 275g
- Serrated double-edge blades
- Provides increased efficiency by cutting on both the forward and return strokes
- 30-inch hardwood handle
- Made in the USA
- 40-inch professional grade premium north american white ash handle
- White ash handles give optimum ratio of resistance and flexibility
- Long grass whip for trimming over grown grass or weeds
- Use on farm or ranch for a lifetime of use
- Tru pro for professional use
- A masterpiece made by a real blacksmith factory. It has a sharp cutting which reduces your hard work.
- The shape of the sickle called "Nejiri Kama" (Nejiri=twisted Kama=sickle in English) is designed to place the blade facing the ground horizontally in order to cut glass.. As for cutting grass in the garden, it has been used for a long time in Japan.
- By using it digging like shaving the ground, you can cut from the root of grass, and protects weed to protect to grow for a long period of time.
- It is a light and easy to use short-type. Its weight is just 0.3 pounds and its length is 12 inches, and so it is easy to use for just a work of cutting grass.
- Wooden Handle Sickle 6.7-inch carbon steel straight edge hooked blade provides powerful cuts,Designed for mowing, it can quickly cut monkey grass, etc.
- Ergonomic Vine Sickle,Super lightweight, is a Great Garden Tool, Useful in many horticulture applications
- Please be Noted This is a Light-Duty Vine-Grass Sickle Strongly Not Recommended for The Heavy Duty Machete Jobs Such As Trees Branch Treating etc...
- Blade Length: 6.7 in
- Overall Length: 14 in
- Product Dimensions 16.9 x 7.3 x 0.9 inches
- Item Weight 3.2 ounces
- 100% Made in the USA
- Commercial grade
- Limited lifetime warranty
- All steel construction
- Extra thick 12 gauge steel blade
- Grim Reaper's Sickle / Scythe for Adult Costumes or Child Costumes
- 40" Long When Fully Extended; Deaths Scythe; Grim Reaper Accessories
- Made of Plastic; Fake Sickle Weapon, Womens, Kids or Mens Grim Reaper Costume Accessory
- Pieces Twist Together for Quick Dress Up & Twist Apart for Easy Storage
- Lightweight & Perfect for Any Adult or Any Age Kids Halloween Costume
- Suitable for soft grasses from spring to early autumn, this product is lightweight and features a slim blade base and excellent sharpness.
- The blade is bigger and more durable than that of a typical Japanese-style sickle.
- Lightweight and suitable for both right and left hand use, so you won't get tired out even after long periods of work.
- Can be operated with both the right and left hand.
- Blade length: 6.8inches(175mm), Total length: 16.5inches(420mm), Weight: 0.44pounds(200g), Made in Japan
The history of sickle
The origin of the word sickle has its origin from the Latin „sicilis“, which in turn can be derived from „secare“ (cut).
The sickle is one of the first and therefore oldest agricultural implements. Already in the Proto-Neolithic (earliest phase Neolithic) was the sickle used for grassesand wild cereals. The sickle gloss (sharp side of the sickle) is also used for leaves or reeds. The first sickles were made of antlers or wood, to which flint blades were glued using resin. Bronze was the first metal from which sickles were made and connected with a handle to the handle. There are generally two different sickle shapes: the hooked sickle and the arched sickle. The hooked sickle is just like the blade of a dagger, but bent at the top like a hook. The bow acorn, on the other hand, has a completely curved shape and has been more widespread since the Middle Ages, which is due to its easy handling.
Sickle as a symbol
In heraldry (heraldry) is the sickle as a common figure and often occurs in municipal coat of arms. Important in the interpretation is the direction and position of the blade, while the Tingierung (coloring) is unlimited. As a rule, the sickle is depicted in gold. The sickle embodies the agriculture on the coat of arms, while the coat of arms figure is accompanied by a cereal color. For example, it stands as a symbol of the harvest or, like the scythe, as a sign of time (often harvest time) and death, which is usually represented as a Reaper. The interpretation has to do with the ancient Greek mythological story of the Titan Chronos. Then the sickle of Gaia was forged, which she gave to her son Chronos in order to deprive her father of Uranus. Chronos was then struck down by Zeus, his son, from the lightning. This made the sickle a symbol, together with the hourglass (hence the term chronometer), of death, time and transience. Kronos, also known as Saturn, was the harvest god, which is why he was often depicted with the sickle. Later it became the attribute of the goddess Demeter.
As a further meaning, the sickle as a burial object dar. In various cultures at that time, the sickle was buried in tombs, in which not only the body of a man was buried but also that of a horse.
In politics, the sickle becomes common with the hammerrepresented in coats of arms / flags, which show the symbol of the labor and peasants state in the time of the socialism (like the flag of the former Soviet Union). Likewise, the sickle plays an important role in the Catalan national anthem. This comes from a folk song and tells of the rebellion of the reaper against Phillip IV. 1640-1652, where the sickle is repeatedly addressed as a weapon.
The sickle today
Today the sickle is a modern one Tooland still serves to cut smaller amounts of grass and grain. Likewise, the blade is held after the bow acorn, which is most often made of steel, while the handle is made of wood. There are also the grassichiches next to it. This is smaller, shorter and more curved.
In addition to crafts, sickles are also purchased as decoration or collectibles for private purposes. For this purpose, the handles are usually artfully presented, more rarely, the blade, which is however sealed and painted so that it is particularly shiny or provided with lettering. These sickles, however, are intended for display only and are not suitable as a tool.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”sickle” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Zenport Aluminum Handle K310 Brush Clearing Sickle with Carbon Steel Blade and Aluminu, 9"
- 0.2 KEYI Steel Grass Sickle,Clearing Sickle,Manganese Steel Blade/Hardwood Handle Hand held Sickle Tool...
- 0.3 The Ames Companies, Inc 2945000 True Temper Deluxe Weed Cutter
- 0.4 Tru Pro Grass Whip
- 0.5 Tomerry Japanese Gardening Weeding Sickle Nejiri Kama Sharp Steel Blade and Wood Handle
- 0.6 KEYI Grass Sickle,Saw Tooth Sickle, Hand held Sickle Tool,Harvest Sickle with Wooden Handle, Light...
- 0.7 Japanese Steel Grass Sickle w/Wooden Handle KAMA 180mm No.130
- 0.8 Bully Tools 92391 12-Gauge Steel Grass Hook
- 0.9 Kangaroo Horror Grim Reaper's Scythe - Sickle Weapon
- 0.10 HACHIEMON Japanese Grass Sickle 195mm Two-Hand Multi-use Sturdy and Sharp
- 0.11 The Ames Companies, Inc 2945000 True...
- 0.12 Tru Pro Grass Whip
- 0.13 Kangaroo Horror Grim Reaper's Scythe -...
- 0.14 Tru Pro Grass Whip
- 0.15 Tomerry Japanese Gardening Weeding...
- 0.16 KEYI Grass Sickle,Saw Tooth Sickle, Hand...
- 0.17 Japanese Steel Grass Sickle w/Wooden...
- 0.18 Bully Tools 92391 12-Gauge Steel Grass...
- 0.19 Kangaroo Horror Grim Reaper's Scythe -...
- 0.20 HACHIEMON Japanese Grass Sickle 195mm...
- 1 Sickle guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-26 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API