10 Best soil for orchids of 2019
- 💓 ALL PURPOSE MIX - Made with Charcoal, Sponge Rock, Pine Bark, Coconut Chips
- 🔗 ROOTS CAN CLIMB - Orchid Roots love to climb and expand, this textured mix allows them to stretch to their full potential
- 🌬 AERATION - Mix does not compact or suffocate orchid roots
- 💧 DRAINAGE - Orchids do not require frequent waterings but do require proper drainage, too much water can kill your orchid plant
- 🔩 HEAVY DUTY, RE-SEALABLE BAG - Perfect for storage or later use
- Multi purpose potting mixture for growing cattleyas, phalaenopsis, dendrobiums, paphiopedilums, oncidiums and all epiphytic orchids
- Dynamic combination of western fir bark, hardwood charcoal and sponge rock specifically formulated by a team of highly trained orchid growers
- Promotes healthy, strong growth by providing superior drainage, allowing for proper root ventilation
- Contains 4 quarts
- Phalaenopsis mix
- It is a fertile mixture of Canadian chunk peat blended with western fir bark, hardwood charcoal and coarse perlite
- It is developed to provide the proper mixture of fertilizer and moisture needed to encourage superior phalaenopsis plant and root growth
- Provides your phalaenopsis orchids with the drainage, air flow, and root ventilation they find and thrive on in nature
- It should be used when re-potting your orchid, at least every 12-18 months or as needed to support healthy growth
- Better gro orchid plus
- It is a specially formulated fertilizer, containing fast-acting nitrate nitrogen to enhance growth in orchids
- Its contains no urea nitrogen
- Its contains essential minor elements to combat deficiencies that occur with many soilless potting mixes
- It was developed by master growers and is the orchid fertilizer of choice for all orchid enthusiasts
- Generous Stuffed Resealable Bag
- Specialty Imperial Orchid Mix Freshly Made in Small Handcrafted Batches from the Finest Ingredients from All Over the World
- Free Same Day Shipping
- Holds Just the Right Amount of Moisture for Orchids
- Perfect for Almost Any Orchid
- ⛲ DRAINAGE ASSISTANCE - Porosity of Horticultural Charcoal will assist in draining excess moisture
- 🎀 SOIL CONDITIONER - Sweetens soil by absorbing nutrients for plant roots
- 💚 NATURAL FILTER - Horticultural Charcoal filters harmful and odor-causing bacteria
- 🌬 AERATION - Small to medium size pieces keep soil from compacting on roots of potted plants
- 🌾 GOOD FOR TERRARIUMS - Pieces work well as bottom layer in terrariums
- Orchid plus bloom booster fertilizer
- Its contains a high content of phosphorus and is used to encourage flowering, enhance bloom color and maximize bloom size
- Provides the precise mix of ingredients and nutrients your orchids need to produce beautiful, vibrant and long lasting blooms.
- No urea nitrogren
- Professionally formulated fertilizer
- Premium Orchid Mix - 2 Quart Resealable Bag
- Free Same Day Shipping!
- Specialty Imperial Orchid Mix Freshly Made in Small Handcrafted Batches
- Made with the Finest Ingredients from All Over the World
- This orchid mix hold the right amount of moisture for Phalaenopsis orchids
- 2LBS of 100% natural expanded clay. Inert, pH-neutral, clean & decorative.
- For Orchids - Clay Pebbles porous structure provides excellent aeration and acts as a water reservoir.
- For Hydroponics - Ensures good root aeration and prevents rotting and excess acidity
- Fills approximately: twenty-four 2" pots, or eight 3" pots, or two 5" pots.
- Only available from Cz Garden Supply (TM); USPTO and Amazon Brand Registry Protected
- Generously stuffed 7 x 11.5 inch resealable bag (2 quarts)
- Same Day Shipping!
- Specialty Classic Orchid Mix Small Batch Fresh Made
- Finest Ingredients
- Picture is Standard Size Bag
Orchid soil guide
Orchid soil: special orchid substrate for beautiful plants
Orchids are beautiful plants that inspire with beautiful flowers. For a long time to enjoy them, it is important not to let them in potting soilbut in special soil for orchids to plant.
Orchids: robust, adaptable „potted plants“
Orchids are not only robust, but also adaptable plants, provided that they are placed in a suitable location, well maintained and suitable earthbe set. Orchids are aerial rootlets. Originally, many species even grow on trees. These special plants are also referred to as „epiphytes“, that is, as so-called „epiphytes“. They are not parasitic, however, because they are completely self-sufficient. Orchids simply obtain the necessary nutrients and the necessary water from the air.
Why soil for orchids and not a normal potting soil?
Orchids should not be planted in conventional potting soil as this is too moist for the roots of the plants. In a pot of normal potting soil, the orchid roots would rot. This is also the reason why a large number of indoor orchids die of decay within a very short time: The roots are covered too tightly, so that they are quickly absorbed by too much moisture. Although the various types of orchids come from humid rainforests, the roots are always free in the air. Accordingly, any excess water can easily bead off here. Because of this one finds also in the trade also special soil for orchids or orchid substrates. On the one hand they are able to hold water and on the other hand they are still permeable to air. Main components of soil for orchids are peat, bark and polystyrene. Furthermore, depending on the manufacturer, for example, the following substances may also be contained in an orchid substrate:
– coconut fibers
– pieces of wood
When buying from soil for orchids should be paid to quality. Ideally, the selected orchid substrate does not contain too much peat. Otherwise, the moisture is held in it for too long, so that too little air comes through. With high-quality orchid substrate, on the other hand, there are still enough spaces filled with air so that the roots are able to breathe. For this reason, it is also important that waterlogging is avoided. In addition, orchid substrate supports the plants so that their roots find a good grip. It is best if the respective components of the orchid soil are adapted to the size of the respective orchid. For example, smaller plants need finer ingredients in their substrate than robust and large orchids.
How to recognize high quality orchid substrate?
High-quality orchid soil mainly consists of coarse pieces of bark and is free of pests, such as, for example, black bats. On the other hand, you come across crumbly ones bark, which is almost rotted to it, one should rather refrain from this. Orchid substrate should contain much larger pieces than small crumbs, which rather remind of conventional soil. The purchase of high-quality orchid soil is worthwhile, because hereby the beautiful plants thrive magnificently. However, as already mentioned, the care as well as the location should be right. For low-quality orchid substrates, on the other hand, the likelihood that the plant will survive or thrive for a long time is rather low.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”soil for orchids” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Organic Orchid Potting Mix by Perfect Plants (4qts.)
- 0.2 Sun Bulb 50000 Better Gro Special Orchid Mix, 4-Quart
- 0.3 Sun Bulb 5011 Better-Gro Phalaenopsis Mix, 8 Quarts
- 0.4 Sun Bulb Company 8303 Better Gro Orchid Plus, 16-Ounce
- 0.5 All Purpose Monterey Bark Imperial Orchid Potting Mix by rePotme (Mini Bag)
- 0.6 Horticultural Charcoal by Perfect Plants - 24 Oz. Plant Charcoal - Naturally Cleanses, Flushes...
- 0.7 Sun Bulb Company 8305 Better Gro Orchid Plus Bloom Booster Fertilizer, 16-Ounce
- 0.8 Phalaenopsis Monterey Dark Imperial Orchid Mix by rePotme - (Mini Bag)
- 0.9 Organic Expanded Clay Pebbles Grow Media - Orchids • Hydroponics • Aquaponics • Aquaculture Cz...
- 0.10 Phalaenopsis AAA Gold Imperial Orchid Mix by rePotme (Mini Bag)
- 0.11 All Purpose Monterey Bark Imperial...
- 0.12 Phalaenopsis Monterey Dark Imperial...
- 0.13 Sun Bulb Company 8305 Better Gro Orchid...
- 0.14 Sun Bulb Company 8303 Better Gro Orchid...
- 0.15 All Purpose Monterey Bark Imperial...
- 0.16 Horticultural Charcoal by Perfect Plants...
- 0.17 Sun Bulb Company 8305 Better Gro Orchid...
- 0.18 Phalaenopsis Monterey Dark Imperial...
- 0.19 Organic Expanded Clay Pebbles Grow Media...
- 0.20 Phalaenopsis AAA Gold Imperial Orchid...
- 1 Orchid soil guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-10-19 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API