10 Best Verticutter of 2019
- 14-Inch Dethatching Path
- Powerful 10 Amp Motor
- 3-Position Tine Depth Adjustment
- Stainless Steel Tines
- Foldable Handles For Compact Storage
- EASY-TO-USE ALTERNATIVE: Tired of having to pull out the rake to dethatch your yard? So were we. Our liquid lawn dethatcher takes all of the stress for you and provides a cost efficient alternative hours of back-breaking labor.
- DIGESTS THATCH LAYER AND GRASS CLIPPINGS: Saving you time and money from having to over-water your lawn. It's environmentally friendly AND takes less time to give your lawn the care it needs!
- PREMIUM BLEND: Our safe, hyper-concentrated blend is engineered to melt thatch to a beneficial thickness, so you can stop starving your lawn of the essential nutrients, water and oxygen that it needs.
- TREATS 6,000 SQ FT: At LawnStar, we create cutting edge lawn care solutions that save you time, energy and pay for themselves over and over again.
- BACKED BY OUR EVERGREEN GUARANTEE: We get it... Trying new things can be tough. That's why we take all of the risk for you! Buy it, try it, and if you aren't thrilled with the results you get from using our Lawn Dethatcher, contact us within 30 days of purchase and we'll process a no-questions-asked return + refund.
- Powerful: 12-amp motor rakes a 13" wide path to get your job done faster
- Adjustable deck: tailor raking depth with 5-position depth control
- Scarified: use the Scarified function to cut grass roots for thicker growth, healthier lawns
- Air boost technology: spring Steel tines for maximum thatch pickup
- Accessories: detachable thatch collection bag for easy disposal
- Running time: 113 minutes
- Lindsay Duncan, Roger Allam, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Charlotte Asprey, Michael Cochrane
- Aerator and Dethatcher Attachment Combo Pack for Mantis Tiller/Cultivators
- Aerator perfect for use in compact, clay soil
- 4 sets of tempered steel blades. Aerate before overseeding or spot seeding your lawn
- Aerator cuts into soil under the lawn; dethatcher quickly removes thatch
- 60 spring-steel picks dethatch a 15-inch swath with a single pass
- 48" weight tray holds up to 70 lb. for improved thatch removal.
- 24 heat-treated spring tines provide durability.
- 7" x 1.5" semi-pneumatic tires allow for smooth transport.
- Simple-to-use cantilever transport handle for easy raising and lowering.
- 3 Year Limited Consumer Warranty; Made in the USA with some foreign materials
- Tine de-thatcher uproots dead, matted grass and dislodges hard-packed dirt for planting
- Twenty Durable spring tines for easy thatch removal; Penetrates and turns up dried grass, weeds, and soil in 40-inch wide swathes
- Rust-proof and replaceable spring-loaded tines are heat-treated for greater durability
- Transport handle for easy raising and lowering of the tines
- Made in USA
- Walk-behind spike lawn aerator; 16 inch wide; 5 aerating wheels with 7-inch spikes
- Expose grass to air, nutrients, and water; 2-1/2-inch aeration depth
- Steel weight tray holds concrete block, creates pressure and pushes spikes into ground; some assembly required
- Includes 1 aerator; concrete block not included
- Gently and effectively lifts matted thatch for a healthier lawn.
- Attaches quickly to Agri-Fab lawn sweeper for instant pickup of removed thatch.
- 14 heat-treated spring tines provide durability.
- It fits Agri-Fab sweeper models: 45-0337, 45-0331, 45-0320 and 45-0326.
- 3 Year Limited Consumer Warranty
- Maximum thatch removal: 40" Working width and 2 rows of 10 independently flexing spring Steel tines comb through a lawn, lifting thatch up and out of the lawn where it can be mowed or mulched to promote a healthier root system
- Multiple settings for different tasks: Brinly Dethatcher can be set to work as a straight Dethatcher (tines comb the grass, flicking up thatch) or in a more aggressive mode where the tines scrape and scarify the soil as they pull up thatch - useful for re-seeding projects. Place the Dethatcher in transport mode for crossing drives and walkways
- Long-lasting construction: All Steel design with heavy-duty tray holds up to 70 lbs of additional weight (for aggressive operations). tines are made of durable spring Steel; in the unlikely event of a breakage, A safety rod is included to catch the tine and prevent contact with mower blades. No flat rubber-tread transport wheels for durability
- Easy-to-engage transport wheels: The engagement lever, conveniently accessible from the driver's seat, lowers the 6" Never-flat transport wheels when crossing sidewalks, driveways, and paths
- Spring Steel Tines: 20 long-lasting, triple-coil strength 3/16″ diameter spring steel tines stay flexible and performance. Tines come pre-assembled to the tray
Scarify – the secret of well-kept lawns
Regular mowing alone is not sufficient if one racedesired, which pleases the eye demanding lawn-lover. In the course of time, the lawn increasingly looses and more and more gaps are created on which stubborn weeds spread. If a rich, gapless green is desired, it should be scarred once or twice a year. This word is composed of vertical and to cut together. That is, the lawn surface is scored perpendicular to this operation. This will remove remnants of old clippings that have not been thoroughly removed, mosses and dead roots. The growth of the grass plants is stimulated again. In the past, in the parks, the castles attracted hordes of hardworking gardeners to do the work with Harken. Anyone who has ever tried it knows how sweaty and time-consuming the scarifying can be by hand.
It is much easier with one Verticutter , The first devices of this kind can be visited in the American Penn State University in the Mascaro-Steiniger Turfgrass Museum. Thomas Mascaro has the first in 1955 Verticutter developed. Over time, the devices have been continually improved so that hobby and professional gardeners today can choose from a variety of models. The scoring is done by several sharp cutting discs, which are arranged offset. The are driven Verticutter optionally by an electric or gasoline engine. If you would like to use the device in an inhabited area, an electric scarifier is preferable because it does not bother your neighbors. He causes no waste gas and works quietly. Where no power connection is available, a gasoline Vertukutierer is used. The purchase of a petrol scarifier is also recommended if you have very large lawns to maintain. The petrol scarifiers are more powerful than their electric-powered brothers.
How to conjure rich green
When the first spring in nature starts in spring, the best time is for scarifying. At this time, the grass is particularly vigorous and is stimulated by the scoring of the soil surface for increased growth. It should be too deep Verticutter do not cut. The optimum is a cutting depth of 2 mm – 4 mm. If the soil is very hard, it can be helpful to use the Verticutter for example, by applying a sandbag to complain. The knives separate the dead plant parts underground and transport them to the surface. If the scarifier is equipped with a collecting bag, you save a lot of time and effort. Otherwise, the clippings must be raked off after scarifying.
You may be a little disappointed if you look at the lawn after work. At first, the sight is not very encouraging. But you can be sure that the effort was worth it. The grass roots are stimulated in this way to new growth and soon you can look forward to a fresh, rich green. If there is great dryness at the time of scarifying, you should water the lawn after completing the work. Incidentally, scarifying is the best time to apply the necessary fertilizer. If larger or smaller gaps have formed in the lawn over time, you may find something there after scarifying lawn grass seedsto distribute. It may be useful to repeat this work in the fall. However, you should not be overly zealous. Scarifying is only recommended for well-rooted grass plants. On a lawn that is less than three years old, it would be counterproductive.
With these scarifiers, the work is easy from the hand
Train by train, the Makita UV – Scarifier UV3600 can bring your lawn back to its original beauty. With a cutting width of 36 cm and 3,700 revolutions per minute, it is designed for smaller lawns. The cutting height can be easily adjusted. The Einhell Electric Scarifier Fan RG-SA 1433 is a bit cheaper. It has a power of 1,400 watts and works very thoroughly with a cutting width of 33 cm.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Verticutter” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Greenworks 14-Inch 10 Amp Corded Dethatcher 27022
- 0.2 LawnStar Liquid Lawn Dethatcher (32 OZ) - Easy Alternative to Dethatch Rake & Mower - Digests...
- 0.3 Sun Joe AJ801E 13 in. 12 Amp Electric Scarifier + Lawn Dethatcher w/Collection Bag, Green
- 0.4 Margaret
- 0.5 Mantis 7321 Power Tiller Aerator/Dethatcher Combo Attachment for Gardening
- 0.6 Agri-Fab 45-0295 48-Inch Tine Tow Dethatcher
- 0.7 Agri-Fab 40-Inch Tine Tow Dethatcher 45-0294
- 0.8 Agri-Fab 45-0365 16-Inch Push Spike Aerator
- 0.9 Agri-Fab 45-0343 Tine Dethatcher for All Tow Lawn Sweepers
- 0.10 Brinly DT-40BH Tow Behind Dethatcher, 40-Inch
- 0.11 Sun Joe AJ801E 13 in. 12 Amp Electric...
- 0.12 Greenworks 14-Inch 10 Amp Corded...
- 0.13 Agri-Fab 45-0365 16-Inch Push Spike...
- 0.14 Margaret
- 0.15 Mantis 7321 Power Tiller...
- 0.16 Agri-Fab 45-0295 48-Inch Tine Tow...
- 0.17 Agri-Fab 40-Inch Tine Tow Dethatcher...
- 0.18 Agri-Fab 45-0365 16-Inch Push Spike...
- 0.19 Agri-Fab 45-0343 Tine Dethatcher for All...
- 0.20 Brinly DT-40BH Tow Behind Dethatcher,...
- 1 Scarifier guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-27 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API