10 Best wood splitter of 2019
- Powerful 15A motor provides over 13,000 pounds of log cracking pressure
- Use the log splitter with or without the 34-inch stand depending on user preferences
- Included pull handle and 5.5-inch never-flat wheels make for easy transportation between jobs
- Electric power means no gasoline, no carbon monoxide emissions, and limited maintenance
- Split logs up to 10 inches in diameter and 20.5 inches in length
- Powerful: hydraulic RAM Builds up to 10 Tons of driving force
- Large capacity: splits logs up to 18 in. Long x 8 in. Wide
- Efficient: RAM return spring for quick resets
- Durable: Steel frame construction with wheels for easy portability
- Easy to use: No gas, oil or cords.Wheel Size:2.48 inch
- Heavy duty 1.75 HP, 15 amp induction motor delivers maximum performance for the most rugged condition
- Effortlessly does big splitting jobs with a 18-second cycle time
- Integrated stroke limiter can adjust to a shorter stroke for smaller logs
- 7" wheels and configuration to vertical position provides maneuverability and easy storage
- ✅ SAFELY SPLIT FIREWOOD: Thousands Injure Themselves Each Year, By Using Axe to Split Wood Logs. Our Firewood Splitter Has No Sharp Edges, So You Can Chop Kindlings and Firewood in Complete Safety.
- ✅ USE IT WITH ONE HAND: Simply Place the Log In Our Splitter / Cracker. The Metal Rail Holds the Wood in Place. Then Hit Down on the Wood With a Hammer.
- ✅ PORTABLE: Weighs Only 10 LB's. Take It to The Bonfire, Camping Trip, or Just Use it In Your Backyard! No Need to Bring an Axe! Even a Child Can Use It!
- ✅ SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If You're in Anyway not 100% SATISFIED. We'll Be Happy to Send You a Refund. No Questions Asked, No Need to Send the Log Splitter Back to Us!
- Powerful 2 HP electric motor
- 7 tons of splitting force
- Convenient one-Handed operation
- Automatic ram return
- 2-year residential warranty.Hydraulic Pressure (psi):3500
- A safe and easy way to make kindling with no moving blade or sharpened object passing by your hands
- Splits firewood with less force than a standard axe
- 9in. inside dia. top ring offers more space than the original model to handle large pieces of firewood
- 17in. height allows you to split long pieces of firewood
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Ideal for splitting wood (splitting face) or driving wedges and stakes (driving face)
- Optimized blade geometry offers better penetration and blasts tough logs apart
- Patented IsoCore Shock Control System absorbs strike shock and vibration to reduce the punishment your body takes, transferring 2X less shock and vibration than wood handles
- Insulation sleeve captures initial strike shock before it can reach your hand
- Full lifetime warranty. Forged, heat-treated steel is finished with a rust-resistant coating.Softgrip handle features a sculpted profile to fit the natural shape of your hand
- WOOD SPLITTING MADE EASY - Weighted wedge design makes chopping logs and firewood a breeze
- WEDGE VERSATILITY - The Sure Split fins permit extra wedge action and the sledge will continue throughout below the wood line for sure splitting
- PERFECT FOR THE OUTDOORSMAN - Ideal for campers, hunters, hikers and other outdoor enthusiasts
- HAND SHARPENED - Honed cutting edge for easy wood splitting
- MADE IN THE USA - Our tools are proudly crafted in Rockford, IL using the finest American steel
- Safety Design: No swinging of an axe. The base blade can be used as a kindling axe by hitting wood with a hammer on top of the blade. This is much safer than using an axe to cut your kindling
- Great Advantage: Double Blades increase the efficiency of splitting, making the logs easier to split. This is the best way to split knotty logs as the splitting force comes from two ways
- Log Splitter Size: Up to 14ton* of splitting pressure. Total height is 55 inch (1400mm). Maximum wood length is 22 inch (560mm). Recommand wood length is 16 inch (410mm). Striking weight 7.28 Lbs (3.3kg) and total weight is 27.56 Lbs (12.5kg). Drilling hole diameter - 0.79 inch (20mm). Drilling hole depth - 4.7 inch (120mm). Recommand height of wood base - 13.7 inch (350mm). * All dimensions and weight are approximate
- Using Tips: The use of two blades doubles the efficiency of splitter logs as it increases the pressure points at both ends of the log. The heavy duty hammer blade is shaped into a thick wedge towards the top which allows the blade to easily open up the log when splitter
- Built to Last: This high quality kindling cracker firewood kindling splitter tool is designed for durability, safety, and longevity. A safety cap is also included that fits over the top of the base blade in order to prevent any accidents whilst the splitter is being stored
- Prime Video
Log splitter advice
As the name implies, as wood splitter generally referred to tools, equipment and machinery, with which you can split wood, mostly tree pieces, in logs. They are available in countless types and a rich selection of designs. The classic axis just as much a part of it as the simple, also manually operated, riving knifeand the foot or hand operated wood splitter , In addition, there are electrically operated devices in horizontal or vertical position, as well as impressive machines, which are driven by the shaft of a tractor. In the following we will illuminate the individual equipment a little closer.
The classic ax
A forged, steel blade sits with the eye on a metal, plastic or wooden handle. Tools of this kind were used already in the Stone Age. The wood is split into two parts with each stroke. A physically exhausting way to get wood to the desired size for the respective use.
The stable riving knife
A mostly made of carbon steel wedge, with a large hammeris smashed into the tree trunk to be split. Depending on the shape, the wood can thus be divided into two to four logs. A similarly power-consuming method as the ax.
Of the wood splitter with foot or hand operation
The foot-operated device is flat on the floor. The piece of wood to be split is inserted. Now, with the foot of the lever is stepped down. It creates splitting forces of more than one ton. By the ratchet principle, the wood is pressed with each step down to the riving knife and divided into two pieces. This method can be used to process quite long and thick stems.
The hand-operated version is attached upright to a sturdy wooden block. The piece of wood to be processed is placed vertically on the block, the riving knife sits on top. Now simply a movable weight is pushed up the pole and dropped. It’s even faster if you accelerate the weight down with a little momentum. After a few operations, the piece of wood is split.
The electrically operated wood splitter
These devices offer much more comfort than the mechanical variants. Who much firewoodneeds, with these machines good helpers at hand. They also generate much higher forces through hydraulic operation than the mechanical models – up to several tons, depending on the design. They are available in the horizontal or vertical version.
In lying version are often table models. Whereby these devices usually provide a comfortable working height even without a substructure. However, some manufacturers also offer models complete with frame or stand suitable for their machines. Of course, this is a relief for people with back problems.
When buying should be taken to ensure that wood splitter has a 2-hand security operation. Depending on the equipment, the wood is either divided into two or four parts in one operation. A simple transport is supported by rollers on the frame.
If you often work wood of different lengths, a continuously variable gap can save you a lot of time. If you do not have a high current, then watch out for operation with 230 V.
The advantage of standing wood splitter lies in the usually larger lifting height, whereby longer pieces of wood can be processed. Even with these machines, attention should be paid to safety features such as 2-hand operation or handle protection.
When using these machines, very large forces and stresses occur. Suddenly splintering wood can be catapulted out with momentum and lead to injuries. In general, a few points should be kept in mind when using all devices – especially those that are electrically powered:
– Carry out the assembly exactly as instructed.
– Only use the device for the applications described by the manufacturer.
– Note the maximum size specifications for the pieces of wood to be split.
– Make sure the wood splitter is secure.
– When working, wear firm shoes (preferably safety shoes), long pants and a jacket with long sleeves.
– Put on safety glasses.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”wood splitter” max=”1″]
- 0.1 WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 0.2 Sun Joe LJ10M 10-Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter, Green
- 0.3 Southland Outdoor Power Equipment SELS60 6 Ton Electric Log Splitter, Red
- 0.4 Inertia Wood Splitter - Cast Iron Manual Log Splitter - No Sharp Edges - No More Axes! Safest Way to...
- 0.5 Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter, 7-Ton
- 0.6 Kindling Cracker King Firewood Kindling Splitter - XL Size
- 0.7 Fiskars Iso Core 8 lb Maul 36 Inch, 751110-1003
- 0.8 Estwing Sure Split Wedge - 5-Pound Wood Splitting Tool with Forged Steel Construction & 1-7/8"...
- 0.9 Speedforce Log Splitter Firewood Kindling Splitter - No More Axes, Save Your Back
- 0.10 How to Setup & Tune a Tablesaw Part 2
- 0.11 Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log...
- 0.12 Southland Outdoor Power Equipment SELS60...
- 0.13 Fiskars Iso Core 8 lb Maul 36 Inch,...
- 0.14 Inertia Wood Splitter - Cast Iron Manual...
- 0.15 Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log...
- 0.16 Kindling Cracker King Firewood Kindling...
- 0.17 Fiskars Iso Core 8 lb Maul 36 Inch,...
- 0.18 Estwing Sure Split Wedge - 5-Pound Wood...
- 0.19 Speedforce Log Splitter Firewood...
- 0.20 How to Setup & Tune a Tablesaw Part 2
- 1 Log splitter advice
- 2 Check also:
- articulated ladder
- Swimming Pool solar panel
- bug spray
- La Siesta hanging chair
- solar shower
- Bicycle Garage
- LED plant light
- Plants Sets
- Stand post box stainless steel with newspaper compartment
- solar pump
- Greenhouse heating
- Car full garage
- Pruning Saw
- Sack cart folding
- wood splitter
- Rank bow
- Garden Lamp
- Illuminated garden
*Last update on 2019-10-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API