10 Best filleting knives of 2019
- Razor Sharp Stainless Blades - All new KastKing knives utilize premium, razor sharp G4116 German Stainless-Steel blades with a beautiful black finish. KastKing knives will maintain their edge longer in both fresh and saltwater applications and make the job of cutting baits, filleting fish of all sizes, steaking large game fish and trim or remove meat and fish from the bone easier than ever before.
- The Right Knife For The Job - The 6", 7" & 9" stainless curved blades have the perfect flexibility so the knife will follow natural contours for perfect fillets, is also an awesome ideal for thinner or more delicate cuts of meat such as fish or chicken. All These KastKing professional level knives will provide years of service and will quickly become your favorite tool for filleting fish, boning meet and processing any food.
- Non-Slip Super Polymer Grip - We use the most comfortable and slip-resistant, super polymer grips for your safety and comfort. These handles feel great in your hand and ensure that you always have a solid grip on your knife. These handles also clean up easily and stay looking good longer.
- Includes Protective Knife Sheath - Each knife includes a light-weight and durable sheath to protect the blade and keep you safe in between jobs. The unique design of the sheath will lock the handle in for safety but removes easily when needed. The open slots in the sheath are design to allow water to drain easily so that your knives stay dry and sharp.
- Affordable Innovation - KastKing fishing knives are available in the most requested lengths and shapes so that you'll always have the right tool for the job. Available from a beautiful 5" bait knife all the way to a tough 9" steaking knife for the biggest game fish. All KastKing MadBite tools are covered by our total peace of mind warranty against the workmanship and materials for the original owner. We have total confidence in the quality of all KastKing fishing tools and so will you.
- Ergonomic handle - a combination of Santoprene for comfort and polypropylene for durability
- Textured finger points provide slip resistance, grip, and safety
- Protective finger guard
- The highest quality Japanese steel allows for easy blade maintenance and rapid sharpening for a razor-sharp edge
- One-piece high-carbon, stain-free Japanese steel
- DIMENSIONS: 15" overall length with 9" blade
- EASE OF USE: Non-Slip Grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with trigger grip for added security
- RELIABLE: Features safety guards for protection from the blade and spines of fish
- DURABLE: Ideal for detailed precision cutting, a super thin 8Cr13MoV blade allows for effortless maneuvering to easily remove meat without loss, making it the ideal fishing knife
- CONVENIENT: The Ti-Nitride coated, rust resistant blade cuts through scales easily and features an extra sharp tip to make starting your cut a breeze and a sheath with a belt loop for close, hands free carry
- The Gladiator Series 7" fillet knife has been carefully designed to ensure de-boning, de-scaling, filleting, skinning, trimming and butterflying all your favorite fish and poultry is easier & more efficient. Featuring a 1.5mm thickness from the spine, this knife is highly flexible and ultra manoeuvrable, allowing you to breeze through meat and sinew, between skin and bone. The blade comes with two covers, one for the drawer and one for outdoor adventure.
- Incredibly razor sharp, full-tang, imported high-carbon German steel with a hand polished edge at 14-16 degrees per side. Fexlible blade techology ensures de-boning, preparing, filleting, skinning, trimming and butterflying all your favorite meats is not only easier but more efficient and satisfying
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Luxury imported black pakkawood handle is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures comfort and maneuverability. Laminated and polished for a sanitary build, perfect for busy kitchens and outdoors.
- Engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance. Blade shape allows for easy maneuvering around bone and joints.
- See why thousands of professional chefs and home cooks love and trust the DALSTRONG DIFFERENCE. 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free, we know you'll love it!
- This Soft Grip Fillet Knife is equipped with the famous Rapala flexible stainless steel blade combined with a no-slip
- Soft-grip molded textured handle
- Maximum control and comfort while filleting
- Includes a black sheath that easily fits on your belt and a single-stage sharpener to keep your soft grip fillet knife in peak performance
- High carbon stainless steel blade
- Black polypropylene handle
- Includes black leather sheath and travel sharper
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for sharper blade
- Full bolster and finger guard
- Incredible extra thin blade allows the greatest flexibility and control ever.
- PTFE non-stick coating lets fillets effortlessly fall away.
- Razor-sharp handground stainless steel blade features through tang construction.
- Polished brass ferrule.
- Tooled leather sheath.
- 9" fixed blade made of 420J2 stainless steel is resistant to corrosion and includes an ABS sheath with belt holster for safe storage
- Soft textured, co-polymer rubber grip for a comfortable in-hand feel that won't slip and neon-green accents for identifying in a marine environment
- Excellent knife for filleting larger fresh and salt-water fish alike, including tilapia, salmon, snapper, tuna, snapper, carp, eel, bass, catfish and cod
- Keep handy in boats, tackle boxes, trucks, backpacks, on belts or in the kitchen
- Softer blade steel is designed to bend without breaking, easily slicing through the body of a fish for the ideal fillet every time
- VERSATILE DE-BONING TOOL. Trim or remove meat from the bone with ease. This knife's pointed tip easily pierces meat while the straight-edge allows for smooth, clean cuts -- even through joints and cartilage.
- IDEAL FOR DELICATE CUTS. Delicate poultry and fish can be difficult to debone with accuracy. The flexible blade allows for a better working angle when cutting fish or thin cuts of meat that are more intricate to bone and easily pierced.
- EASY HANDLING. This knife features an ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle for a non-slip grip -- even when wet. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced for easy handling and comfort.
- KNIFE DIMENSIONS. Stainless steel blade -- 6" in length. Meets the strict National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) standards for public health protection.
- TRUSTED SWISS QUALITY. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. Making a lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
- The knife is ideal for separating meat, poultry, or fish from the bone with precise control
- High carbon stainless-steel blade provides maximum sharpness and edge retention; conical ground through length and depth for a wider break point; ice tempered to sustain sharpness longer
- Blade stamped from cold-rolled steel; bolsterless edge for use of entire blade and ease of sharpening
- Patented Fibrox handles are textured, slip resistant, and ergonomically designed for balance and comfort; NSF approved
- Hand washing recommended; lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects; expertly made in Switzerland
Filleting knife guide
A high quality filleting knives belongs to every complete fishing equipment. After successful fishing, the knife is used for filleting. It is important that it is made of a good steel and is sharp. There are many different manufacturers who have a large selection of knives. Can distinguish the filleting knives by the nature and length of the blade. All anglers should pay special attention to a very sharp blade. Best suited for the filleting knives also the right grindstones, because so that the knives are not dull, they can be sharpened regularly. Without the right one filleting knives no fishing equipment is otherwise complete. Becomes a filleting knives bought, then the quality plays an important role, because finally, the filleting is also easy to go by the hand. Everything is possible with the filleting knife, whether at home or at home chef’s knifeor at the lake directly after fishing is used. Also in the kitchen equipment the filleting knife is an important part, if meat of bones or fish of bones are to be freed. The blades of the knives are very narrow and extremely sharp and thus the knives are ideally suited to adapt to the shape of the bones or the bones. It will always be possible to ensure a clean cut. Of course, the work also works with the normal kitchen knife, but the cost of goods and waste would increase significantly.
What must be considered when buying the knife?
If you are in agony, you have the choice. After all, there are short or long blades on the knife and the knives can be hard or flexible. There are different types and designs of filleting knives. The thickness and sharpness of the blade are all in themselves. However, the characteristics of the knives may vary, depending on personal preference and the application. There are very hard knives, which are characterized by the low flexibility in the blade and thus, for example, sufficient pressure is possible, so that the thick bones can be severed. The knives guarantee optimal power transmission because they are usually shorter. In addition, there are the very flexible and soft knives, which closely nestle on bones or bones, and thus the optimal cut is guaranteed. Depending on the preparation and the type of fish, different filleting knives can be used, so that meat and fish are well-freed from bones or bones and thus the perfect fillet is guaranteed. Just as with the other chef’s knives, it must be remembered that the exercise is the most important factor with the device. Especially the beginner in the filleting should choose at the beginning of a filleting knife, which is pleasantly large and where the length of the blade is about 20 centimeters. With the help of this knife, the handling can then be practiced. Other filleting knives can be used if your own knife reaches the limits. Not infrequently then becomes a more specialized and further Toolneeded. In principle, however, it is possible if a filleting knife fits well in the hand, that all work is done on the meat and fish, which are also necessary for the perfect fillet. Compared to the cooking knife with the heavy and wide blade, a filleting knife is difficult to guide along the fingers. Always work with the knife takes place directly on the meat or fish. For a non-leading hand, the glove may provide control and safety at the beginning. It is cut in slow strokes and always away from your own body. With respect to the hand holding the meat or fish piece, attention must always be paid to the position. Thanks to the flexibility of the blade otherwise deep cuts are possible. The highest priority in handling the knife is safety and occupational safety.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”filleting knives” max=”1″]
- 0.1 KastKing Fillet Knife 9 inch
- 0.2 Mercer Culinary M23860 Millennia 8-Inch Narrow Fillet Knife, Black
- 0.3 Bubba 9 Inch Tapered Flex Fillet Knife with Non-Slip Grip Handle, Full Tang High Carbon Stainless...
- 0.4 DALSTRONG Fillet Knife - 7" Flexible - Gladiator Series - German HC Steel - w/Two Sheaths
- 0.5 Rapala 7 1/2 Inch Soft Grip Fillet Knife / Single Stage Sharpener / Sheath
- 0.6 Wusthof Grand Prix II 9 Inch Fillet Knife with Leather Sheath
- 0.7 Rapala Fish n Fillet Superflex Knife, 4-Inch
- 0.8 Kershaw Clearwater 9-In Fillet Knife (1259X) Fixed 420J2 High-Performance Stainless Steel Blade with...
- 0.9 Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Boning Knife, Flexible Blade, 6-Inch
- 0.10 Victorinox Cutlery 8-Inch Straight Fillet Fishing Knife, Flexible Black Fibrox Handle
- 0.11 Wusthof Grand Prix II 9 Inch Fillet...
- 0.12 DALSTRONG Fillet Knife - 7" Flexible -...
- 0.13 Kershaw Clearwater 9-In Fillet Knife...
- 0.14 DALSTRONG Fillet Knife - 7" Flexible -...
- 0.15 Rapala 7 1/2 Inch Soft Grip Fillet Knife...
- 0.16 Wusthof Grand Prix II 9 Inch Fillet...
- 0.17 Rapala Fish n Fillet Superflex Knife,...
- 0.18 Kershaw Clearwater 9-In Fillet Knife...
- 0.19 Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro...
- 0.20 Victorinox Cutlery 8-Inch Straight...
- 1 Filleting knife guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-26 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API