10 Best metal chain of 2019
- 5,000 pound rating
- 72 inches long with two 2 inch quick links
- Safety chains are required by law in most states
- Cross your chains while towing for added security
- Great tie down accessory
- Durable steel safety chain for securing tow vehicle to trailer
- Include spring hook on each end
- Class I - 2,000 lb. capacity
- Meets SAE specifications
- 48" length
- Handy link utility chain
- Made of low carbon steel
- Zinc plated finish
- 255 pounds working load limit
- 25-feet length
- All Men Made Material
- Removable and Adjustable Stud Ankle Buckle Detailing
- Easy On/Off Full Side Zipper
- Heel: 1.5" Approximate
- Steel, Zinc Plated
- Working load 29 lbs
- 100 ft. roll
- Case hardened proof coil chain
- Made of low carbon steel
- Zinc plated finish
- It is used for fabricating tow chain, binding or tie down chain and logging chain
- 2-feet length
- Nickel Plated Ball Chain,24 Inches Long 2.4mm Bead Size #3,Pack of 50
- Each necklace comes complete with a ball chain connector,Top quality chains
- Adjustable in length - simply cut between the balls with scissors to fit to your desired length
- These are perfect for making your own key chains,Adjustable in length - simply cut between the balls with scissors to fit to your desired length
- Perfect for dog tags, bottle cap pendant necklaces, scrabble tile pendant necklaces, and many other use
- Multipurpose metal hanging chain
- Easy to install and remove; 4x 35-inch and 4x 9.5-Inch in total length
- Weather-resistant finish hanging chain for indoor or outdoor applications
- Pack of 8. Weighing for 1pcs: 6lbs (3 kg)
- Teenitor Brand Products, Sold by Teenitor Exclusively.
- Mainly used in ceiling fan chain, high ceiling light fixtures, on the ceiling for ventilation, curtain zippers and dog tags, bottle cap pendant necklaces, spell word pendant necklace and other occasions
- Pull chain extension: 16 feet/ 5 meters long of silver metal beaded chain with 20 Pcs matching connectors
- Diameter size：3.2 mm/ 1/ 8 inch，#6 size，With 20 matching connectors，which is convenient Replacement for broken or outdated pull chain
- Adjustable in length: simply cut your desired length of pull chain to install on the place
- Notice: this item is 3.2 mm bead chain；Please make sure the replacement diameter of ball size pull chain when you buy it
- Bird feeder chain: hanging chain hold ability up to 20 lbs, and strong enough to hold most of the heavy feeders and planters
- Adjustable hook: you can shorten or extend or loop the chain to match your feeders in different heights; Easy to install and remove
- Size and weight: chain length is 35 inch in total with 1.8 inch hook and 1.18 inch clip; Each hanging chain weight is 61 g; Lightweight and durable, it looks delicate and doesn't take up much place
- Durable material: made of iron and weather-resistant finish, strong and rust resistant, suitable for indoor or outdoor applications
- Wide application: decorate your outdoor or indoor space by hanging bird feeders, bird houses, plant baskets, flower pots, lanterns, wind chimes and more
Metal chain guidebook
Metal chains are an indispensable part of today’s life. They are not only worn as fashionable jewelry but also used as so-called technical chains.
But especially when purchasing technical metal chains, there are some important things to consider, because a wrong or inferior chain can cause great damage.
What are technical chains?
There are two types of technical metal chains:
Chains that serve to transmit power
These are chains that consist of articulated links, but they are only movable in one plane. A good example is the conventional bicycle chain. It fits due to the interconnected hinge members on a toothed sprocket. This chain is only movable in two directions (up or down) laterally, this type of chain is rigid and thus immovable. The steel link chain is mainly used as a drive chain (roller chain), as it can be used to transmit torques. Only in this way, for example, is it possible to transfer the force created by pedaling to the bicycle in order to set it in motion. This type of chain is also used in cars and motorcycles as a camshaft drive. Much more flexible are two-dimensionally movable link chains, which are used, among other things, for lifting, fixing and delimiting.
Metal chains for lifting or fixing or delimiting
This chain form consists of round or oval chain links, which are intricate in itself. Because of this connection of the individual limbs can this metal chain be moved in all directions. Technically speaking, this type of metal chain in two dimensions flexible. This chain form is probably one of the most common metal chains and can be used multifunctional. For example, chains are called snow chains, Anchor chains and chains used, lock off entrances or shoot entrance gates.
Which forms of two-dimensionally flexible chains are there?
The two-dimensionally movable metal chains include, for example:
Round steel chain
The link chain usually consists of oval, directly connected links, which are twisted by 90 degrees. The individual chain links have a particularly strong weld due to a special welding process. Thus, this chain is extremely resilient.
The bridge chain
Even more resilient than the link chain is the so-called bridge chain. This is mainly characterized by the fact that in the middle of the oval chain links is a stable cross bar. This web prevents the link sides from being contracted under load. In addition, it is not possible due to the crosspiece that wedged the chain links in the unloaded state in each other. This type of chain is used, for example, as an anchor chain on ships.
What is meant by a ring chain?
The ring chain is made of round chain links. It is usually used only as jewelry or ornaments because of their low load capacity.
The round steel chain
The round steel chain is made of steel or stainless steel. It is mainly used as a lifting tool or conveyor chain in machines.
What about buying one metal chain to pay attention?
Depending on what the chain is to be used for, it is advisable to compare the chains with each other, for example, in a home improvement market. When choosing the right chain should be paid to quality. If you save in the wrong place, for example, lifting a heavy object with a pulley may cause a fatal accident.
A branded product does not always live up to its promises. For example, a look into the internet can help here. In the meantime, there are tests and customer reviews for almost every product, which have also uncovered many flaws in the chains of well-known manufacturers.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”metal chain” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Reese Towpower 74059 72" Safety Chain - 5000 lb. Capacity
- 0.2 Camco Heavy Duty Steel 48" Safety Chains with Spring Hooks - Secures Tow Vehicle to Trailer | Class...
- 0.3 ASC MC256703025 Low Carbon Steel Handy Link Utility Chain, Zinc Plated, 120 Trade, 25' Length, 255...
- 0.4 Alberto Fellini Men's Crocodile Prints Western Boots with Side Zipper, Belt Buckle and Metal Chain...
- 0.5 Madison Electric Products W-12 Jack Chain-PLTD 100' / Roll
- 0.6 ASC MC168103002 Low Carbon Steel Case Hardened Proof Coil Chain, Zinc Plated, 3/16" Trade, 3/16"...
- 0.7 50pcs Nickel Plated Ball Chain Necklace, KinHom 24 Inches Long 2.4mm Bead Size # 3 Adjustable...
- 0.8 Teenitor 8 Pieces Hanging Chain for Bird Feeders, Planters, Lanterns and Ornaments, 4 Pieces 35 Inch...
- 0.9 Metal Fan pull chain extension, ceiling fan chain connector,Diameter 3.2mm 16 Feet Long with 20 PCS...
- 0.10 2 Pack 35 Inch Hanging Chain for Bird Feeders, Planters, Lanterns and Ornaments (Black)
- 0.11 Alberto Fellini Men's Crocodile Prints...
- 0.12 ASC MC256703025 Low Carbon Steel Handy...
- 0.13 Teenitor 8 Pieces Hanging Chain for Bird...
- 0.14 Alberto Fellini Men's Crocodile Prints...
- 0.15 Madison Electric Products W-12 Jack...
- 0.16 ASC MC168103002 Low Carbon Steel Case...
- 0.17 50pcs Nickel Plated Ball Chain Necklace,...
- 0.18 Teenitor 8 Pieces Hanging Chain for Bird...
- 0.19 Metal Fan pull chain extension, ceiling...
- 0.20 2 Pack 35 Inch Hanging Chain for Bird...
- 1 Metal chain guidebook
- 1.0.1 Metal chains are an indispensable part of today’s life. They are not only worn as fashionable jewelry but also used as so-called technical chains.
- 1.0.2 What are technical chains?
- 1.0.3 Second
- 1.0.4 Which forms of two-dimensionally flexible chains are there?
- 1.0.5 What is a link chain?
- 1.0.6 The bridge chain
- 1.0.7 What is meant by a ring chain?
- 1.0.8 The round steel chain
- 1.0.9 What about buying one metal chain to pay attention?
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-28 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API