10 Best salmon knife of 2019
- Ergonomic handle - a combination of Santoprene for comfort and polypropylene for durability
- Textured finger points provide slip resistance, grip, and safety
- Protective finger guard
- The highest quality Japanese steel allows for easy blade maintenance and rapid sharpening for a razor-sharp edge
- One-piece high-carbon, stain-free Japanese steel
- WÜSTHOF GOURMET SERIES - 11" Salmon Slicer with synthetic polypropylene handles that resist fading, discoloration, heat and impact. Precisely laser-cut stamped knives offer superb quality and value
- RAZOR SHARP - High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades, precisely cut with the latest state of the art technology for incredible sharpness and easy maintenance. WÜSTHOF kitchen knives are Hand Wash Only
- WÜSTHOF FISH SLICING KNIFE - The GOURMET 11" Hollow Edge Salmon Slicer is a long slender blade with a rounded tip. The blade is longer than many other knives so that it can slice across large roasts in one swift movement. The super slender blade is designed to remove skin from delicate fish such as salmon
- DURABLE - WÜSTHOF Cutlery is crafted to resist corrosion and dulling. This German made Kitchen Knife set Comes with a limited Lifetime Warranty
- CENTURIES OF TRADITION - Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÜSTHOF's cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
- IMPECCABLE PERFORMANCE: The long, ultra sharp blade is engineered to deliver highly precise cuts with minimal effort.
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGN, SUPERB QUALITY: Most desirable length by professionals. Sharp blade with premium stainless steel engineered to excel on all cuts of meats, including big roasts. It is also designed to last.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Provides well-balanced weight distribution and secure grip to make you safe and comfortable. Fits perfectly in your hand.
- VERSATILE: This 11" slicing knife works well with different types of meat. Long enough to cut through brisket, pork loins, turkey, ham, smoked salmon and roast. It can also be used to slice fruits and vegetables.
- TOP PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE: We're confident you'll find the knife amazing, delivering enjoyable feel to each cut. But if you're not happy for whatever reason, simply return it for a FULL REFUND.
- Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price.
- Incredibly razor sharp slicer, full-tang, imported high-carbon German steel with a hand polished edge at 14-16 degrees per side. Fexlible blade techology ensures de-boning, preparing, filleting, skinning, trimming and butterflying all your favorite meats is not only easier but more efficient and satisfying
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Luxury imported black pakkawood handle is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures comfort and maneuverability. Laminated and polished for a sanitary build, perfect for busy kitchens
- Engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance. Tall blade height provides useful knuckle clearance. The extra-long 12" slicer is perfect for carving roasts, ham, prepping large fruits and vegetables, and slicing bread loaves and layer cakes.
- See why thousands of professional chefs and home cooks love and trust the DALSTRONG DIFFERENCE. 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free, we know you'll love it!
- Granton knife has a rounded tip and a straight edge that prevents food from sticking with air
- German engineered stainless steel blade that is durable, balanced, flexible, and lightweight
- Long sharp blade for slicing items effortlessly; 16.5 inch total length for heavy duty tasks
- Ergonomic textured handle for comfort/grip; Brightly colored for visibility and nonslip for safety
- Multipurpose for meat, bread, vegetables, fruit; Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Knife featuring an extra-long blade making it easier to slice through larger meats like ham or salmon in one easy pass
- Japanese knife blade featuring a 16-degree angle for a blade much sharper than traditional Western knives
- Steel: Japanese AUS8A for flexibility and toughness
- Patterned, layered surface; stunning look of Damascus steel with added rust resistance
- Black laminated PakkaWood D-shaped handle provides maximum comfort and secure grip
- Crafted from the highest quality materials
- Built for performance and durability
- Made in Switzerland
- Stainless steel
- Light weight in your hands
- Straight ground edge that stays sharper longer
- Manufactured in Germany
- Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
- SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper stays sharper longer and has superior resilience
- Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- High carbon, stainless steel blade.
- 3 riveted black synthetic handle
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Hollow edge for effortless cutting
- Designed to remove skin and bones from delicate Salmon
Salmon Knife Guide
On salmon knife is one of the favorite knives of a fish lover. With hardly any other knife, a salmon fillet can be sliced so effortlessly and accurately into fine slices. The thin and narrow blade of a salmon knife Slips easily through the filet. The filet is made by one salmon knife cut clean and not shredded. With it salmon knife can fulfill its task, it must meet a few important criteria. These are primarily the blade shape and length as well as the material properties of the blade.
Which blade shape is optimal for a salmon knife?
A typical one salmon knife once has a narrow, straight blade with a straight edge. The blade must be narrow so that the smallest possible area comes into contact with the fish fillet. The wider the blade is, the larger the area where the fish fillet clings when cutting and thus can be pulled along. For this reason, some salmon knives also incorporate so-called bullets into the blade surface. The culls reduce the contact area between the knife blade and the fish fillet once again, making cutting easier. The blade end of a salmon knife is in contrast to most other knives usually rounded and without a tip. A knife tip for piercing the fish fillet is not required.
An inexpensive and good salmon knife is the Fiskars Functional Form Ham & Salmon Knife with a total length of about 39.5 cm. The narrow blade of the knife measures 28 cm. Thanks to the non-slip Softouch handle, the knife fits well and safely in the hand when cutting.
Also recommended is the Wüsthof SILVERPOINT salmon knife with a blade length of 29.0 cm. The sturdy plastic handle is ergonomically shaped, fits well in the hand and is dishwasher safe.
What length should the blade of a salmon knife have?
The blade of a salmon knife should be about 30 cm long. This length is recommended so that there is enough space to cut a wide fish fillet in order to be able to move the knife far enough back and forth. Shorter blades can not be moved sufficiently and cause the blade to be pushed through the fillet rather than cut. The result is unsightly and thick slices.
The Zwilling Professional S Salmon Knife is a perfect salmon knife with a blade length of 31 cm. The narrow blade is ice-hardened and forged from one piece. The handle is classically riveted.
The blade of the Victorinox Fibrox salmon knife is 30 cm long and flexible. The ground Kullen in the knife edge facilitate a fine cut. The high-quality plastic handle is ergonomically shaped and has a finger guard.
Which blade material is ideal for a salmon knife?
The blade of a salmon knife must have sufficient hardness on one side so that the cutting edge can be made as sharp and sharp as possible. On the other hand, the material must also have a certain flexibility. These fundamentally contradictory properties combine certain rust-resistant steels with their own alloy, the composition of which is the well-kept secret of every manufacturer. Salmon knives from Damascus steel, which is otherwise popular for high-quality knives, are practically not offered.
The Global G-10 salmon knife by Yoshikin has a 31 cm long and flexible blade. The blade is made together with the stainless steel handle. The two-sided, Japanese V-cut makes this salmon knife particularly sharp.
The professional salmon knife of the series „Professional“ by the Italian manufacturer Pinti Inox is one of the short salmon knives with a blade length of 26 cm. The sharp blade is firmly connected to the comfortable plastic handle.
Some chefs have already noticed that salmon knives and Slicing knifesimilar to see. That is indeed the case. Cutting a hammakes similar claims to a knife, such as the sheath of a fish fillet. To be able to cut very thin slices of a ham, the knife must have a narrow, long and thin blade. The difference between the two knives is that the blade of a ham knife is less flexible. A relatively firm ham compared to fish fillet can be cut better and more precisely with a more stable blade. Nevertheless, if necessary, a good and sharp salmon knife can be used to cut a ham into fine slices. Two special knives for salmon and ham are not essential. Important for both applications is that the knife blade has a sufficient length and can be sharpened very sharply.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”salmon knife” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Mercer Culinary M23010 Millennia 10.3-Inch Granton Edge Salmon Slicer, Black
- 0.2 WÜSTHOF Gourmet 11 Inch Salmon Slicer Knife| Hollow Edge 11" Salmon Slicing Knife | Precision...
- 0.3 MAIRICO Ultra Sharp Premium 11-inch Stainless Steel Carving Knife - Ergonomic Design - Best for...
- 0.4 DALSTRONG Slicing Carving Knife - 12" Granton Edge - Gladiator Series - German HC Steel - w/Sheath
- 0.5 Cook N Home 11" Granton Edge Slicing Knife Roast/Fish Slicer, Green
- 0.6 Shun DM0765 Classic Flexible Hollow-Ground 10-Inch Ham/Salmon Slicer Knife
- 0.7 Victorinox VIC-40643 VN40643 Fixed Blade, Knife,Hunting,Camping,Outdoor
- 0.8 Global Cutlery G-10 12-1/2-Inch Flexible Slicing Knife
- 0.9 ZWILLING J.A. Henckels 31122-313 Professional"S" Salmon Slicing Knife, 12-inch, Black/Stainless...
- 0.10 Wusthof 4546-7 Classic IKON Salmon Slicer, One Size, Black, Stainless
- 0.11 Wusthof 4546-7 Classic IKON Salmon...
- 0.12 Shun DM0765 Classic Flexible...
- 0.13 MAIRICO Ultra Sharp Premium 11-inch...
- 0.14 DALSTRONG Slicing Carving Knife - 12"...
- 0.15 Cook N Home 11" Granton Edge Slicing...
- 0.16 Shun DM0765 Classic Flexible...
- 0.17 Victorinox VIC-40643 VN40643 Fixed...
- 0.18 Global Cutlery G-10 12-1/2-Inch Flexible...
- 0.19 ZWILLING J.A. Henckels 31122-313...
- 0.20 Wusthof 4546-7 Classic IKON Salmon...
- 1 Salmon Knife Guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-27 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API