10 Best Bodhran of 2019
- All frame drums are equipped with a Remo drumhead and are manufactured with Remo's patented Acousticon shell
- Traditional wood drum design with wide Acoustic on body shell
- Thumb notch for holding
- Light weight, durable and weather-resistant
- Primary rhythmic accompaniment for Celtic and Irish music.14" x 3.5" shell size makes it easy to play and carry
- Equipped with goatskin head and durable mulberry wood frame with single removable t-bar for hand/wrist support
- Frame cut out provides extra comfort and support to player
- Player can adjust tuning hardware for their specific playing needs; hardware is hidden inside frame, giving a clean look
- Comes ready to play; includes tipper and tuning wrench
- Made of Ash Wood
- 9.5" long; 0.10 lbs
- Designed for use with Bodhrans
- Traditional 18" diameter laminated wood rim with twin crossbar support is the backbone of Irish folk music
- Genuine natural white goatskin head attached with tacks gives the drum an authentic look, feel, and sound
- All Trinity College Bodhrans include a polished wood tipper
- To learn more, please see our Product Description below
- Handcrafted Quality, Value Priced
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! 30-Day Return Policy!
- Produces a deep, rich yet soft tone.
- Stunning Rosewood rim and t-bar
- Arm cut-out for even more playing comfort.
- Features McNeela's 6-point trademark tuning system with Allen key (included).
- Comes with a free hardwood bulbous beater and lightweight gig bag.
- Ash wood
- Sealable filling port: players can add or empty out steel balls to control the volume, timbre and response of the drum
- Hardwood shell: the hardwood frame of this drum produces a warm sustain along with great dynamic and tonal range (measures 20" x 2 3/4")
- Hand selected goat head: this hand drum is equipped with a goat skin head that provides a pleasant resonance at both high and low frequenices
- Wave sound effect: The sea drum evokes the sound of the ocean with a swirling sound effect that can be used for musical effects or therapy
- Perfect for music therapy and performance: musicians and sound therapists alike will find a number of ways to use a calming ocean effect
One of the most common questions related to the Bodhran is asked again and again, the question is which drum should one buy? However, a blanket response is very difficult because of course there are different personal and financial claims. In this guide, we will nevertheless try to put together some useful tips to help you when buying a Bodhran can support.
What to look for when buying a Bodhran respect, think highly of?
Let’s start with what you should not buy. These include bodhrans, which come from unknown sources or are equipped with industrially manufactured skins. Drums are often offered in online shops as well as in many music shops, which are imported from China and offered for sale here under 100 euros. The eardrum of this bodhran is usually made of cheap materials, is rock hard in most cases and does not sound the same as you would expect from a high quality Bodhran hoped. These bodhrans are really just for hanging on the wall as a souvenir. With these cheap drums you can not be sure where the coat comes from, what chemicals it handles and under what circumstances it was made. Most bodhrans in this price range are from Pakistan.
A good Bohran is characterized by a good sound, clean workmanship and a long shelf life. Many criteria play an important role, but the main feature is the eardrum. In high-quality drums, the coat is usually tanned from goat skin, sometimes from veal or even emu or deer. This process takes a lot of time, which is reflected in the price. Cheap eardrums often use a variety of chemicals to speed up the manufacturing process. These skins are not recommended. If you touch an eardrum, it should feel supple and not too hard and scratchy. To avoid an excess of overtones, the eardrum is often taped with tape from the outside or with a fur ring from the inside. Here you should make sure that you choose a model with an outer tape, as these models can be set more precisely.
What else is there to consider?
It is generally discouraged from unvarnished drums. The eardrums are extremely sensitive to humidity and temperature changes and may force the player to play in an unwanted tone range. Drums that can not be tuned need to be relaxed with water and stretched with heat, which is rather impractical in the long run. Also with the tuning system there is a lot to consider. Nowadays, bodhrans are available with different vocal systems that bring different advantages and disadvantages. You should, however, one Bodhran with tool-less tuning system prefer. These are produced by many well-known manufacturers and offered for sale. Because with these systems no Toolshould be used, make sure that the screws are as smooth as possible. The frame of the drum should be stable and made of high quality wood. Cheap frames that are too thin can warp quickly, making the drum unusable. Ideally, you can thoroughly test the drum prior to actual purchase and see if it meets your needs and requirements.
Bodhrans are now available in different price ranges, from beginner to professional instrument, everything is available. High-quality drums for beginners are already available from 200 euros, while professional instrument are offered for sale from about 400 euros. As with many other musical instruments, there are no limits in the upper class, so you have to pay a lot for top-level instruments.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Bodhran” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Remo HD-8510-00 Fiberskyn Frame Drum, 10"
- 0.2 Remo HD-8514-00 Fiberskyn Frame Drum, 14"
- 0.3 Roosebeck BTN4MT Inside Tunable Bodhran T-Bar, 14 x 3.5 Inches
- 0.4 Shaman drum Goat Hair, Frame Drum, handmade ... (20")
- 0.5 Meinl Percussion FDT3 Frame Drum Tipper, Ash Wood
- 0.6 Trinity College TB-2 Irish Bodhran - Dark Green Rim
- 0.7 Frame Drum, 12", with Beater
- 0.8 16" Tunable Rosewood Bodhran with Gig Bag
- 0.9 Meinl Percussion FDT2 Ash Wood Frame Drum Tipper
- 0.10 Meinl Percussion FD20SD 20-Inch Sea Drum with Goat Skin Head, African Brown
- 0.11 16" Tunable Rosewood Bodhran with Gig...
- 0.12 Shaman drum Goat Hair, Frame Drum,...
- 0.13 Remo HD-8510-00 Fiberskyn Frame Drum,...
- 0.14 Shaman drum Goat Hair, Frame Drum,...
- 0.15 Meinl Percussion FDT3 Frame Drum Tipper,...
- 0.16 Trinity College TB-2 Irish Bodhran -...
- 0.17 Frame Drum, 12", with Beater
- 0.18 16" Tunable Rosewood Bodhran with Gig...
- 0.19 Meinl Percussion FDT2 Ash Wood Frame...
- 0.20 Meinl Percussion FD20SD 20-Inch Sea Drum...
- 1 Bodhran counselor
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-17 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API