10 Best gong of 2019
- The brilliant sound of a traditional Chinese gong in a contemporary design
- Black finish ash wood, hand-hammered bronze gong, mallet
- Dimensions- Length: 17-Inches, Depth: 12-Inches, Diameter: 10-Inches; Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Handcrafted using traditional methods, Woodstock Gongs bring the ancient wonders of the Far East home
- In 1979, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today
- Use the rope through the hole in the right-hand and left-hand to make a mutual sound
- Comes with Wooden Round Head Play Hammer.
- Fit for company business opening,basketball game, atmosphere props venue,keep order
- Dimensions: 19H in.
- Ash wood and brass construction
- Bronze and teak finish
- Bronze bull's-eye gong
- Comes with a mallet
- Carefully hand crafted solid wood mallet
- Beautifully finished with 'Carrot' logo
- Very durable. Approximately 25cm long.
- Material: Solid Pine and Cotton
- *Carrotmusic is the sole supplier of this product. We can not be responsible for the quality of product sold by other sellers who claim to carry this item.
- New, specially designed tabletop stand and mallet
- Classic Zildjian Gong sound
- Partially lathed front and rear
- Gong and Tabletop stand also available individually
- √ Gong is one of the traditional Chinese musical instruments, it is wide used for Parade Shows, celebrating traditional festivals and some of them will be used in Chinese dramas (This gong doesn't for drama).
- √ All of gongs are handmade by copper artisans with four steps and the tone has been fixed in the last step.
- √ The sound can be spread far, the more powerful you beat, the farther away sound spread.
- √ A deep beat on the gong can make the pitch become higher and the time of vibration become longer.
- √ Size: 32*32*2.8CM/ 12.6*12.6*3IN(L*W*H); Please note: when someone is beating on the gong, others are not allow to touch the surface on the gong or very close of it for avoiding getting hurt.
- Wuhan Wind Gongs made of hand hammered brass
- Comes with beater rich full sound
- Stand and adapter sold separately
- Woodstock Gongs are hand-hammered by a master gong maker and materials that have gone into crafting gongs for thousands of years, so each one delivers a rich, authentic sound
- Black finish ash wood, hand-hammered brass and black gong, mallet
- Length: 30" Gong diameter: 13" Overall length is measured from top to bottom of gong
- Perfect in a classroom, as a gift or in your daily meditation practice
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today
- Handcrafted Quality, Value Priced
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! 30-Day Return Policy!
On gong is a musical instrument that originally comes from Asia. There it is beaten at funerals, the classic Peking Opera as well as monks. In Europe, the gong used in classical and popular music. In addition, the serves gong as a sound instrument used in sound therapy and meditation. Also doorbells are called gong if they emit sound when the bell button is pressed.
That’s one gong built up
A gong consists of a round metal plate, which can be flat or curved. It is attached by means of flexible connections vertically to a frame, so that it vibrates freely. The metal used is usually a bronze alloy that has been hammered or rolled. The sound of the gong is created by the player striking the gong disk with a beater in the middle or slightly to the side. The clapper consists of a wooden rod, which is covered at the upper end with wood, felt, plastic or metal. The sound produced by the beating of the gong is an overtone that varies according to the thickness of the material and the curvature of the disc. It vibrates for a long time, but can be shortened by touching the disc. Alternatively, a same tone with a Singing bowlwhich can also be found under the generic term gong.
What is a gong needed for?
The gong plays a particularly important role in Asian music. The Peking Opera is inconceivable without a gong. There are even instruments there, consisting of four consecutive hanging gongs, so-called Gandingans. In European music, gongs are used in both classical and popular music. For classical pieces, a gong with a diameter of at least one meter is used. In the popular area the gong serves as part of the drums. In addition, the gong plays an important role in Asian healing. The sound has a calming effect on the patient. Furthermore, meditations are initiated and terminated. Bells for therapeutic purposes are smaller than musical instruments. They are often only held by one strap with one hand, while the other hand beats the clapper on the gong.
Bell as a doorbell
Often, a particular form of doorbell is called and sold as a gong. This is usually a ringer that sounds a tone equal to a gong tone as soon as the switch is pressed. Unlike other ringtones, the gong is rather quiet and calming. Bells are also often used to call the family to a table or to draw attention to an end of the break or event.
What to pay attention to when buying a gong
Bells are available in countless variations. If they are to be used only for meditation, to calm down in kindergartens and schools or as a therapeutic instrument, models with a diameter of 20 centimeters are sufficient. If the gong is purchased as a musical instrument for home use, the diameter should be at least 30 centimeters, as smaller discs sound rather tinny. For large gongs, the suspension and stand must be strong enough to prevent the disc from falling off. Many gongs are made and imported in Asia. They are commercially available under the name TamTam Bells from Wuhan (China). These models are characterized by a pleasant sound and are much cheaper compared to gongs produced in Europe. However, they often have very sharp edges on the edges of the sound disc. These gongs are not suitable for smaller children because of the risk of injury. The edges can not be masked in any case, as this significantly alters the sound.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”gong” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Woodstock Table Top Gong
- 0.2 Woodstock Chimes WCBHG Hanging Gong, Brass and Black
- 0.3 Yibuy 15.5cm Brass Instruments Copper Cymbals Opera Gong with Round Play Hammer
- 0.4 Woodstock Chimes 19 in. Table Gong
- 0.5 Carrotmusic Model WP-PR-25DST01 Solid Pine 25cm Standard level Gong Mallet
- 0.6 Zildjian 12" Table-top Gong and Stand Set
- 0.7 Bronze Chau Gongs, Frideko Chinese Copper Feng Gong with Beater Diameter 12.6 Inches
- 0.8 Wuhan Gong, inch (WU01522)
- 0.9 Woodstock Chimes HCGONGM The Original Guaranteed Musically Tuned Gong, Chau
- 0.10 Chao Gong, 21 1/2" (55cm) Beater GMMB13
- 0.11 Wuhan Gong, inch (WU01522)
- 0.12 Chao Gong, 21 1/2" (55cm) Beater GMMB13
- 0.13 Bronze Chau Gongs, Frideko Chinese...
- 0.14 Woodstock Chimes 19 in. Table Gong
- 0.15 Carrotmusic Model WP-PR-25DST01 Solid...
- 0.16 Zildjian 12" Table-top Gong and Stand...
- 0.17 Bronze Chau Gongs, Frideko Chinese...
- 0.18 Wuhan Gong, inch (WU01522)
- 0.19 Woodstock Chimes HCGONGM The Original...
- 0.20 Chao Gong, 21 1/2" (55cm) Beater GMMB13
- 1 Bell counselor
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-17 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API