10 Best fishing line of 2019
- STRONG KNOT STRENGTH - dynamically incorporated strands in KastKing SuperPower Braided Lines allow you to easily tie a more solid knot; you can even tie an improved clinch knot. The special proprietary treatment (without a waxy coating) allows the supple fishing line to zip through the guides to your target and gives you better lure swimming action.
- LOW MEMORY - helps you achieve a better, farther casts, less chance of wind knots
- GREATER ABRASION RESISTANCE - of KastKing braided fishing line decreases the likelihood of losing your "big one"! KastKing SuperPower Braid line's powers are...super!
- ULTRA-HIGH SENSITIVITY & ZERO STRETCH - for superior hook setting that increases your catch ratio.
- SMALLER DIAMETER - compared to other brands allowing you to spool more fishing line on to your reel.
- Shock Resistant For Fighting Line-Punishing Gamefish
- Saltwater Tough For All Coastal And Offshore Fishing
- Amazing strength for confidence and control
- Shock-resistant design for controlled stretch
- Exceptional abrasion resistance
- Outstanding knot strength for holding power
- 100 Fluorocarbon Leader
- DSF - Double Structure Fluorocarbon
- Best Tensile Strength
- America's # 1 Leader
- Least Stretch
- Ultra-strong braided Spectra Fiber
- Treated with Enhanced Body Technology for incredible round and sensitive line
- Varying Diameters (0.005inch - 0.035inch)
- Varying Lengths (150-3000 yards)
- Manufactured in the country of China
- Superior strength and sensitivity
- Teflon treated microfibers
- Super quiet line flies through the guides
- Unique design of paralleled roll track, lines never sink into the spool and less spool memory
- Soft and supple, easy to tie knots and giving lures or baits vivid motion
- Round and silky smooth, easy long casting
- Superior abrasion-resistance, less worry when fishing in heavy cover
- Awesome features for bass, trout, crappie fishing and also great in saltwater fishing
- KastKing - the ICAST 2015 Award winning brand, releases the new 2016 FluoroKote Fishing line. It's a combination of the No.1 selling KastKing Copolymer Fishing Line with high-tech 100% fluorocarbon coating that reduces the line's visibility when immersed in water.
- The combination of the two materials maximizes the advantage of fluorocarbon invisibility with the low memory and superior castability of copolymer. So you can have similar qualities and performance of fluorocarbon at a lower price.
- Low Stretch, high strength, superior abrasion resistance, higher density, and greatly reduced visibility make KastKing FluoroKote Fishing Line a great upgrade from mono line and ideal low cost alternative to fluorocarbon line.
- The diameters of the FluoroKote are less than KastKing Copolymer Fishing lines or other monofilament lines, resulting in a smaller, stronger line that gives you more reel capacity and increased depth with diving baits.
- KastKing FluoroKote Fluorocarbon fishing line sinks faster with low absorption. The unique fluorocarbon materials make the line extremely durable, offer great knot strength, and exceed in sensitivity. KastKing FluoroKote Line is extremely versatile, giving anglers piece of mind to fish almost any conditions and techniques with confidence.
- The most flexible, easiest casting fluorocarbon
- 100% fluorocarbon has a similar refractive index to water
- 20% better shock strength
- Non-absorbing fluorocarbon maintains strength and abrasion resistance underwater
- 110 yd spool
- Resists twists and kinks
- Good feel for structure and strikes
- Incredible strength for confidence and control
- Versatile for use with a number of baits
Fishing line guide
A fishing line is sometimes exposed to very high loads. It is not always about (exclusively) the weight of the fish that has just bitten. In addition, the fishing line slip over edged stones, get caught in plants or be exposed to direct sunlight for a long time. So it means: For lasting fun fishing you need a stable, hard-wearing fishing line , This guide provides valuable information and tips for buying a high-quality execution!
Monofilament or polyfile fishing line – that is the question
Basically, between the monofilament and the polyfilen fishing line distinguished. Monofilament means that the cord is made of (single) polyamide thread. In contrast, many very thin and extremely hard threads (usually coramid or Dyneemafäden) are intertwined with a polyfile fishing line. For this reason one finds this kind frequently under the designation „braided fishing line“.
With regard to a monofilament fishing line, note that the thicker the string, the higher the structural strength. Interesting: Polyfile fishing lines achieve better values in terms of carrying capacity at much smaller diameters. However, the thin filaments are also significantly more sensitive to abrasion – they can therefore break more easily under extreme loads. In addition, polyfile fishing lines are generally much more expensive than monofilament models.
The advantages and disadvantages of the two variants at a glance:
Advantages of monofilament fishing line:
– almost transparent (hardly recognizable for fish)
– high abrasion resistance
– long durability
– high knot strength
– very cheap
– suitable for: short litters (coarse fishing), strong wind
Disadvantages of monofilament fishing line:
– expands rapidly
– high load capacity only with large diameter
Advantages of polyfile fishing line:
– high load capacity (with the smallest diameter)
– low elongation
– enormous softness (flexibility)
– suitable for: long litters (big fish fishing)
Disadvantages of the polyfile fishing line:
– better visible to fish
– less abrasion resistance
– high cost
Tip: When deciding on a monofilament or polyfile fishing line, you probably have to try studying. It is best to test both models several times under the same conditions to find out which variant optimally suits the individual requirements and wishes.
Attention: If you bind your leader yourself, the high knot strength inevitably requires a monofilament fishing line (tip on the edge: the leader line should be very flexible in order to be able to absorb shocks caused by the fish).
Prices for monofilament and polyfile fishing lines
Relatively small price differences are evident in the monofilament fishing lines. Although some manufacturers like to point out special innovations in their models. Nevertheless, polyamide remains polyamide – and the properties of the material and thus also of the fabric-made fishing lines can not be fundamentally changed. The only exception: there are monofilament versions with Teflon seal. These sealingmakes the respective fishing line more durable.
Polyfile fishing lines are much more expensive at the factory than their monofilament counterparts. This is largely due to the fact that the production process of braided fishing lines is considerably more complex. For a 250 meter long string you have to count on double-digit euro amounts.
Ultimately, it does not matter how much money you spend on your fishing line. Durability is influenced above all by the care that you have in your own hands.
Tips for taking care of the fishing line
a) The UV rays of the sun are poison for the fishing line. In this respect, it should always be kept away from sunlight.
b) To increase the longevity you can rub your fishing line with a special care product. This ensures that the cord absorbs less water. By the way: If you want the cord to lie on the surface of the water as much as possible after it has been ejected, you can make it floatable with a suitable cord.
c) Before fishing you should check the fishing line. It is not always possible to avoid abraded areas that impair the load-bearing capacity. In such cases, it is better to sacrifice a piece of string. Otherwise, you may lose the biggest catch of the day – because of a torn fishing line.
When buying a fishing line you have the choice between a monofilament and a polyfile model. Both variants are accompanied by several advantages and disadvantages, which should be compared and weighed before you commit yourself. For a long shelf life of the finally chosen fishing line you have to take care of it regularly.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”fishing line” max=”1″]
- 0.1 KastKing SuperPower Braided Fishing Line - Abrasion Resistant Braided Lines - Incredible Superline -...
- 0.2 Stren High Impact Monofilament Fishing Line
- 0.3 Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament Custom Spool
- 0.4 Seaguar Blue Label 25 Yards Fluorocarbon Leader
- 0.5 Power Pro Spectra Fiber Braided Fishing Line
- 0.6 SpiderWire Stealth Superline Braid Fishing Line
- 0.7 KastKing World's Premium Monofilament Fishing Line - Paralleled Roll Track - Strong and Abrasion...
- 0.8 KastKing FluoroKote Fishing Line - 100% Pure Fluorocarbon Coated - 300Yds/274M Premium Spool -...
- 0.9 Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
- 0.10 Berkley Trilene Smooth Casting Monofilament Service Spools
- 0.11 KastKing SuperPower Braided Fishing Line...
- 0.12 Seaguar Blue Label 25 Yards Fluorocarbon...
- 0.13 Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
- 0.14 Seaguar Blue Label 25 Yards Fluorocarbon...
- 0.15 Power Pro Spectra Fiber Braided Fishing...
- 0.16 SpiderWire Stealth Superline Braid...
- 0.17 KastKing World's Premium Monofilament...
- 0.18 KastKing FluoroKote Fishing Line - 100%...
- 0.19 Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
- 0.20 Berkley Trilene Smooth Casting...
- 1 Fishing line guide
- 1.0.1 Monofilament or polyfile fishing line – that is the question
- 1.0.2 The advantages and disadvantages of the two variants at a glance:
- 1.0.3 Disadvantages of monofilament fishing line:
- 1.0.4 Advantages of polyfile fishing line:
- 1.0.5 Disadvantages of the polyfile fishing line:
- 1.0.6 Prices for monofilament and polyfile fishing lines
- 1.0.7 Tips for taking care of the fishing line
- 1.0.8 Conclusion
- 2 Check also:
- Cressi diving fins
- Men’s football shirts
- Longboard Cruiser
- Judo Suit
- Swiss Army knife
- Camping table height adjustable
- bicycle handlebars
- Professional headlamp
- Mag-Lite LED flashlight
- Snow pant
- Fascial Roll
- Camping Grill
- Grand Canyon tent
- Hip Pocket
- gel saddle
- joint bandage
- protector vest
- LED Lenser flashlight
- Sport bands
*Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API