10 Best hunting knife of 2019
- ✅ KNIFE DIMENSIONS: Overall Length: 15 inch; Blade Length: 10 inch; Thickness: 3.5 mm
- ✅ RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE: Made of 440C stainless steel for excellent hardness, improved edge retention and rust resistance.Clip Point Blade features saw back, black anodize, ideal for camping expeditions or survival training
- ✅ FULL-TANG RUBBER HANDLE: Classic designed handle with soft rubber, provides high friction and comfortable non-slip grip for use
- ✅ NYLON SHEATH with SHARPENER & FIRE STARTER: Durable heavy duty nylon sheath for easy and safe carry, packaged with a fire starter (black) and a sharpener (sliver)
- ✅ APPLICABLE OCCASIONS: As a perfect camping and hunting knife, it's suitable for hunter, camper, survivalist or outdoor sports enthusiast so that you can enjoy your adventure
- ✅ 8 PIECE BIG GAME FIELD DRESSING KIT in BOX: 8-3/4" Wood/Bone Saw, Steel Stick/Brisket Spreader, 7.5" Caping Knife, 9.5" Gut Hook Skinner, 10" Boning Knife, Tungsten Carbide V-Sharpener, Red Game Cleaning Gloves
- ✅ 8.7" WOOD & BONE SAW: This bone saw with the clever blunt hooked tip would avoid breaking the bladder or intestines virtually, ensuring meat not harmed during dressing. The serrations are configured to increase efficiency with T-handle and innovative hook tip, 5" serrations, 1.9mm thickness, 4.1oz
- ✅ 7.5" CAPING KNIFE: This smaller fixed blade caping knife with 3.4 " blade features finer point and smaller scale, more suitable for smaller game, 2.85 mm thickness, 2.8 oz
- ✅ 9.4" GUT HOOK SKINNER: This fixed blade hunting knife features a 3.9" fine edge blade with gut hook, 3.2 mm thickness, 6.3 oz, designed for quick and efficient processing of game
- ✅ MATERIAL & DESIGN: Each stainless steel item in this field dressing kit is made of 3CR13, equipped with camouflage handles and full tang constructions that offer durability over the long haul
- ✅ SPECIFICATIONS: Blade Length: 4"/6", Overall Length: 7.75"/10", Weight: 0.15 lbs/0.37 lbs
- ✅ RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE: Clip point 3CR13 blade has excellent strength, edge retention and corrosion resistance for lasting durability, good for piercing, detail work, and cutting in tight places
- ✅ FULL TANG STACKED LEATHER HANDLE: Deliver excellent strength, with grip ridges for safe and comfortable handling, provides balance with brass pommel / guard, non-slip grip to use
- ✅ IMPACT NYLON SHEATH: Provide with guard and belt loop for safe and secure carry with easy access
- ✅ PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR & COLLECTION: Suitable for various military, hunting, survival, tactical, industrial and other outdoor situations
- EASY TO USE - One hand deployment. Blades easy to replace with the push of a button
- EVERYDAY CARRY - Replaceable pocket clip that is integrated into the handle for a comfortable grip
- SUPERIOR BLADES - Razor-sharp, heat treated, hand finished 44J2 stainless steel replaceable blades. 3.0-inch Razor-Lite EDC comes with 4 blades, and 3.5-inch model includes 6
- NON-SLIP GRIP -- Lightweight and sturdy Grivory handle with rubberized TPR handle inserts
- ADDITIONAL REPLACEMENT BLADES SOLD SEPARATELY - 3.0-inch knives require Model RR30-6 and 3.5-inch require Model RR6
- DIMENSIONS: 7.1 inch (18 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.1 inches (7.9 cm) and a weight of 3.5 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV Black Oxide High Carbon Stainless Steel with a black, aluminum handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip, finger flipper and ambidextrous thumb knobs making it ideal for everyday carry
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the liner lock
- BE PREPARED: Knife features jimping
- ✅ TRULY HAMMER FORGED DAMASCUS STEEL BLADE: Material used for forging 15N25 & 1080 and 288 layers of Damascus steel, Blade has excellent edge retention for lasting durability
- ✅ KNIFE DIMENSIONS: Overall length: 10"; Blade length: 4.80'' inches'; Handle length: 5.20" inches; Weight of Knife: 8.2 Ounce OR 235 grams
- ✅ ONE PIECE WOOD HANDLE: Classic design made of walnut wood, provides comfortable grip and balance with Nicely Hand finished Damascus guard, non-slip grip to use
- ✅ GENUINE LEATHER SHEATH with SNAP FASTENER: High quality protective sheath with integrated belt loop for safe and secure carry with easy access
- ✅ APPLICABLE OCCASIONS: Suitable for various,hunting, camping, survival, tactical, military and outdoor situations.
- ✅ KNIFE DIMENSIONS - Overall Length: 14"; Blade Length: 8.5"; Handle Length: 5.5"; Blade thickness: 3.7 mm; Handle Thickness: 21 mm; Weight: 0.88 lbs
- ✅ RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE - 3CR13 blade has excellent strength, edge retention and corrosion resistance for lasting durability, good for piercing, detail work, and cutting in tight places
- ✅ FULL-TANG WOOD HANDLE - Classic design handle made of rosewood, provides comfortable grip and balance with brass pommel / guard, non-slip grip to use
- ✅ GENUINE LEATHER SHEATH WITH SNAP FASTENER - High quality protective sheath with integrated belt loop for safe and secure carry with easy access
- ✅ APPLICABLE OCCASIONS - Suitable for various military, hunting, survival, tactical, industrial and outdoor situations
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE - 6" Clip Point 420HC steel blade has excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance for lasting durability. The clip blade is good for piercing, detail work, and cutting in tight places
- COMFORTABLE GRIP & BALANCE - Traditional black phenolic handle has palm swells for a comfortable grip. The aluminum pommel/guard provide the perfect combination of beauty and balance. Overall length 10-1/2", Weighs 7.5 oz.
- AN AMERICAN ICON - Classic phenolic handle and aluminum pommel/guard provide a perfect combination of beauty and balance. One of Buck's top selling knives, the 119 Special is one that's handed down from generation to generation
- CONVENIENT CARRY- Includes a genuine high quality protective leather sheath with snap fastener. The integrated belt loop allows you to carry the knife securely and safely on your belt
- MADE IN THE USA - FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products. This knife is proudly made in the USA
- DIMENSIONS: 9.4 inch (23.9 cm) overall length with a blade length of 5 inches (12.7 cm) and a weight of 6.3 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV High Carbon Stainless Steel and a staglon handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient leather sheath
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the nickel silver finger guard
- BE PREPARED: Knife features a sharpening stone that stores in the sheath
- Heavy Duty Tactical Knife
- 12" Tactical Survival Hunting Knife with Sheath and Fixed Blade
On hunting knife has a lockable or a fixed folding blade. It actually serves to kill and then break up the game. Because hunters make up only a percentage of a particularly small proportion of the total population and well-processed and stable knife but also for non-hunters are interesting, there is under the term hunting knife for some time, some other models. These are probably not enough for the hunter in his interests, the savvy angler, camper or outdoor lover absolutely. Regardless of the intended use should be hunting knife have certain characteristics:
– A secure and good grip on the handle, even with wet hands
– A resilient, at least eight inches long blade
– an excellent sharpenable blade
Advantages of a hunting knife
– reliable for outdoor activities
– For stable Klinger simply more stable than a folding knife
– Usable with appropriate quality as well as foreign
Disadvantages of a hunting knife
– often larger than a folding knife
– Some models may not be worn in public
Hunting knife types
In addition to the knife for hunting, there is still the utility knife, which will be discussed in detail below.
Knife for hunting
The right thing hunting knife is often used as a break-off blade. Breaking up and tearing up are to be done processes with the killed game. Important for this is a blade tip shape, which does not damage the muscle tissue during skinning.
Even non-hunters are convinced of the robustness and versatility of hunting knives or comparable types of knives. A larger range of lengths and blade shapes is possible because it is not about hunting work. Even if some of these knives are not actual hunting knife are, with such a knife is often a reliable and stable companion for camping, fishing holidays or other.
What to look for when buying a hunting knife
Who is faced with the choice of a hunting knife, should deal with the criteria such as stability, length, grip size and handle material in detail.
Stability according to purpose
Who, for example, his knife also in thick branches as riving knifewant to use a certain blade weight with attached stability. A knife with a weight of 120 grams with very narrow blade back is out of place here. If you except predominantly fish, especially needs a narrow blade.
At the latest, if the knife is longer than the fish, which is to be excluded, then the wrong Toolselected. When hunting lengths between eight and eleven inches are common. If there is excess length, the lead suffers from the knife. However, anyone who leans his tool on the wall most of the time as a decoration, is not subject to these restrictions and can also select blades of at least 20 centimeters on request.
Handle size and handle material
It is unfavorable if the optics, leadership and consistency of the hunting knife persuade, however, the grip for the hand is simply too small. This can cause cramping while working with the knife. Even the risk of injury increases. For the highest possible control is only given if the hunting knife nestles perfectly in your own hand size and shape. The right handle material is also crucial when buying a knife, which is why we discuss the different materials below.
Micarta is a fiber-plastic composite. This is characterized by a high resistance and excellent machinability. It is mainly used in sports bows and knife handles. Micarta handle scales have a particularly good grip.
Cocobolo is a hardwood used in furniture, musical instruments and knife handles. Its feel is very pleasant. This material has long been used for knives. More regrettable is the mining of the rainforest wood of overexploitation. Therefore, environmentally conscious buyers are attacking other wood.
With pakka wood you get a multiplex wood, which is used more and more for staghorn. Numerous knives from the lower to middle price range contain handles from Pakka.
Curly birch, walnut, amboina, jarrah – there are many types of wood used to make handles. However, some knives are also produced with inferior woods. If one’s own fingernail is sufficient to leave a clear mark on the wood, then the wood concerned is inferior in quality and should be exchanged.
The handles, which are made of antler, which is also called stag horn, are well known and were very widespread in earlier times. Even if this material is no longer in vogue, it is still very suitable as a handle material.
An advantage of plastic is that it is particularly robust. Water is no problem for this handle material even after prolonged exposure. Therefore, plastic is especially suitable for knives used for fishing. However, wooden handles are more beautiful, but they also cost more if they are manufactured correctly.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”hunting knife” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Mossy Oak Survival Knife, 15-inch Fixed Blade Hunting Bowie Knife with Sharpener and Fire Starter,...
- 0.2 MOSSY OAK Field Dressing Kit, Portable Butcher Game Processor Set (8-piece)
- 0.3 MOSSY OAK 2-pieces Bowie Knife Fixed Blade Hunting Knives with Leather Handle
- 0.4 Outdoor Edge Razor-Lite EDC Folding Knives (3.5 - Inch, Orange)
- 0.5 Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops SWA24S 7.1in S.S. Folding Knife with 3.1in Serrated Clip Point Blade and...
- 0.6 Custom Handmade Hunting Knife Bowie Knife Damascus Steel Survival Knife EDC 10'' Overall Walnut Wood...
- 0.7 MOSSY OAK 14-inch Bowie Knife, Full-tang Fixed Blade Wood Handle with Leather Sheath
- 0.8 Buck Knives 119 Special Fixed Blade Knife with Leather Sheath - Black Handle
- 0.9 Uncle Henry 153UH Golden Spike Rat Tail Tang 9.25in S.S. Fixed Blade Knife with a 5in Blade and...
- 0.10 12" Tactical Bowie Survival Hunting Knife w/ Sheath Military Combat Fixed Blade
- 0.11 Buck Knives 119 Special Fixed Blade...
- 0.12 Custom Handmade Hunting Knife Bowie...
- 0.13 MOSSY OAK 2-pieces Bowie Knife Fixed...
- 0.14 Outdoor Edge Razor-Lite EDC Folding...
- 0.15 Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops SWA24S 7.1in...
- 0.16 Custom Handmade Hunting Knife Bowie...
- 0.17 MOSSY OAK 14-inch Bowie Knife, Full-tang...
- 0.18 Buck Knives 119 Special Fixed Blade...
- 0.19 Uncle Henry 153UH Golden Spike Rat Tail...
- 0.20 12" Tactical Bowie Survival Hunting...
- 1 Hunting guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-27 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API