10 Best Plastic toboggan of 2019
- 48-INCH TOBOGGAN SLED: Ready to provide fun for kids throughout the winter, this sled is designed with curved edges to keep kids safe as they slide down snowy hills
- SPACIOUS DESIGN: Its spacious build allows for various riding options, long and wide enough for teenage kids to ride or for multiple younger children to hop on at once
- EASY TO PULL: Made with a tough rope that loops for easy tugging, it lets parents easily drag their little ones around and further ensure their safety
- ASTM CERTIFICATION: Snow sled is crafted with durable, lightweight, and non-toxic plastic material and is recommended for children ages 3-15
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48"(L) x 18"(W) x 5.5"(H); Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
- BRIGHT COLORING - The bright color is super-high contrasting so you'll easily pick out the sled in a sea of other sledders and white snow
- POLYRESIN CONSTRUCTION - Made in the USA from a poly resin material, this Day Glow Two-Rider Sled has a sturdy, weatherproof and freezeproof construction that even resists impacts.
- POLISHED BOTTOM FOR FASTER SLIDING - Make your way down slopes at lightning speed with this two-rider sled! Its ultra-smooth bottom panel is diamond-polished, providing super-fast, snowy decents.
- COMFORTABLE HANDLES - The ergonomicly designed side handles allow the sled to be gripped comfortably
- ENSURES STABILITY AND BALANCE -The Two-Rider Sno Cruiser Sled from EMSCO Sports Group features specially engineered tracking rails that evenly distribute your weight, keeping you steady at high speed.
- ROLL UP SLED - Flexible Flyer flying carpet is a portable roll up sled that provides a fast ride down snowy hills
- SUPER DURABLE - Designed for heavy use. Used by schools at recess
- EASY TO CARRY - Lightweight linear polyethylene is durable enough for all-day snow sledding, but light enough for kids to easily carry up the hill. Weighs just 0.8 lbs.
- SAFE - Features soft rounded edges and two punched out handles for carrying sled and holding on
- KIDS & ADULTS - Snow sled for adults and kids age 4 and up. Measures 36 x 18 inches. Roll up for compact storage in condos and dorm rooms
- HUGE SLED FOR EVERYONE - At 66 inches long, this toboggan is a great sled to fit several kids and adults together.
- MOLDED IN TRACKING RAILS- Crafted from premium quality materials in the USA, this sled has delicately molded in tracking rails to create a perfectly straight ride through the snow
- MULTIPURPOSE SLED- This ultimate sled can be used as the perfect addition for carrying your tools and equipment without having to lift them. It can also be used for fun snow sledding and activities with your friends or family
- SNOW DEFLECTING DESIGN - The deceptively simple design features a folded edge that prevents snow from flinging up into the sled and keeps riders or supplies dry as it moves
- BRIGHT COLORING - Easy to spot from a distance against white snow, this shovel stands out and won't get lost.
- The reliable all-season polyethylene construction
- Tow rope included
- 44"L x 22"W x 9"H. Wt.: 6 lbs.
- 48 in. X 18.5 in
- 2 rider toboggan sled
- Rope lanyard included
- Rigid bottom for tracking
- 4 handle cut-outs
- Roll Up Sled - Flexible Flyer flying carpet is a portable roll up sled that provides a fast ride down snowy hills
- Fast Fun in snow,high-density polyethylene,rugged enough to take winter action
- Bodyboard style slick bottom skin for fast rides
- Safe - Features soft rounded edges and two punched out handles for carrying sled and holding on
- Accommodates adults and kids (ages 4 and up)
- 2 sleds included
- Each sled accommodates 1-2 riders ; perfect for adult/child tandem rides
- Made with heavy duty, slick-coated flex plastic & coated with Slippery Racer ice vex cold-resistant treatment
- 1-Year factory warranty - buy with Peace of mind
- Measures 48" (L) x 18" (w) x 5.5" (H)
- ONE-CHILD SLED: This snow sled toboggan is made to comfortably seat one small child as they slide down the slopes
- 2 EASY-GRIP HANDLES: Handles in the middle of the sled allow kids to steer down the slopes with control
- PULL ROPE FOR STEERING: Features a pull rope attached to the front to help with steering and pulling the sled up steep hills and mountains
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND STURDY: Made of durable yet lightweight plastic for a weather-resistant sled that lasts for many seasons of fun
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 35"(L) x 17.5"(W) x 4.25"(H)
- Shappell® Jet Sled®. Model Number: JS1. Ideal for ice fishing or transporting deer, firewood, traps or feed.
- Rugged polyethylene construction. Molded runners for strength and stability. Specially contoured hull allows easy pulling by hand.
- Dimensions: L 54" x W 24".
Plastic sledge guide
If you are after one Plastic toboggan are looking for, you are faced with an almost inexhaustible selection. Because the most different models in all possible sizes, shapes and colors are offered. But not every model is suitable for every user. What you should pay attention to when buying a plastic sled, you will find in this article.
Why you one Plastic toboggan should prefer a wooden sledge:
A wooden sledge is a bit more stable than a wooden sledge Plastic toboggan but it is also much heavier. That ’s how the Plastic toboggan Transport much better and easier to pull up a mountain. This is especially important if a child has or wants to pull the toboggan alone. Moreover, at one Plastic toboggan The risk of injury is reduced, it should come to the crash, in which the child is hit by the vehicle on the head.
Do you need a plastic slide for yourself or your child?
If you want to use the toboggan also or exclusively, you should pay attention to its capacity. Some models are designed exclusively for children, although a larger adult might find space on or in the sled. Plastic toboggans for adults are usually offered from 80 kg. For children’s products, the load capacity is usually limited to 60 kg. The maximum load capacity should not be fully exhausted. For children weighing almost 60 kg, it is better to buy a model for adults.
Opt for a steerable model
There are many plastic toboggans available that can only be steered with their feet. A more comfortable handling promises a model with integrated steering. Products with steering wheelare more comfortable to steer than models that can only steer with the side brakes and therefore particularly recommended when the toboggan is to be steered by a younger or inexperienced child. However, it is important to ensure that the plastic slide is equipped with a sturdy steering linkage made of metal. Because steering rods made of plastic are usually very short-lived and often break already at the first use.
A well-functioning brake is important
No matter which model you choose, the toboggan should be equipped with an outstanding brake. Especially when you or your child are on busy slopes. Even steeper slopes can be handled much easier and safer with a toboggan, which is equipped with a well-functioning brake. Opt for a high quality model that does not break the brake. It is advantageous if the brake is made of metal that does not break as easily as plastic.
Opt for a plastic slide made of high-quality plastic
Recommended is a toboggan, which was made of HDPE (hard polyethylene). This type of plastic is thermoplastic, so it is not negatively affected even by high temperatures. For example, it breaks or becomes inelastic. In addition, such a plastic slide has excellent sliding properties. The material is extremely stable and resistant, so that a long service life of the toboggan is guaranteed.
The price should not be a purchase criterion for you
Opt for a high-quality product, which may be slightly more expensive. You will enjoy the product longer and are safer on the slopes. Recommended manufacturers of plastic sledge include: AlpenGaudi, Hamax, KHW or AIRJOY. However, these manufacturers also have very cheap products on offer, which are rather less recommended. Opt for a plastic slide from about 30 euros upwards.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Plastic toboggan” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Best Choice Products 48in Kids Outdoor Plastic Sport Toboggan Winter Snow Sled Board Toy w/Pull Rope...
- 0.2 ESP 48" Sno Cruiser Toboggan - Two-Rider Sled - Tough Polyresin, Diamond-Polished Bottom - Red
- 0.3 Flexible Flyer 611 Flying Carpet Lightweight Roll Up Snow Sled Portable Rolling Snow Slider, Blue
- 0.4 ESP 66" Family Fun Toboggan - Four Rider Sled - Orange 1138
- 0.5 Beavertail Sport Sled, Marsh Brown, Small
- 0.6 AIRHEAD CLASSIC 2 Plastic Sled, 48"
- 0.7 Flying Carpet Snow Sled,Winter Toboggan Outdoor Snow Sled,Classic Roll-Up Sled,Flexible Flying...
- 0.8 Slippery Racer Downhill Toboggan Snow Sled, Twin Pack - 2 - Green
- 0.9 Best Choice Products Toboggan Sled - Blue, 35in
- 0.10 Shappell Jet Sled - Multi-Purpose Sled
- 0.11 Beavertail Sport Sled, Marsh Brown,...
- 0.12 Slippery Racer Downhill Toboggan Snow...
- 0.13 ESP 48" Sno Cruiser Toboggan - Two-Rider...
- 0.14 ESP 66" Family Fun Toboggan - Four Rider...
- 0.15 Beavertail Sport Sled, Marsh Brown,...
- 0.16 AIRHEAD CLASSIC 2 Plastic Sled, 48"
- 0.17 Flying Carpet Snow Sled,Winter Toboggan...
- 0.18 Slippery Racer Downhill Toboggan Snow...
- 0.19 Best Choice Products Toboggan Sled -...
- 0.20 Shappell Jet Sled - Multi-Purpose Sled
- 1 Plastic sledge guide
- 1.0.1 Why you one Plastic toboggan should prefer a wooden sledge:
- 1.0.2 Do you need a plastic slide for yourself or your child?
- 1.0.3 Opt for a steerable model
- 1.0.4 A well-functioning brake is important
- 1.0.5 Opt for a plastic slide made of high-quality plastic
- 1.0.6 The price should not be a purchase criterion for you
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API