10 Best saddle soap of 2019
- Fiebing's Yellow Saddle Soap Paste is ideal to clean horse saddles, harnesses, boots, baseball gloves, belts, handbags, furniture or any other smooth leather article.
- Saddle Soap Paste cleans leather and lubricates the fibers to prevent brittleness.
- Leather maintains suppleness and strength after use
- Great quality saddle soap from Fiebling's since 1895
- Made in the USA
- Features a traditional blend of ingredients which cleans, softens and preserves smooth leather
- Formulated with a quality wax for added protection
- Cleans away dirt, grim and salt stains
- Manufacturer has updated packaging; tin may vary
- Cleans leather
- Lubricates the fibers to prevent brittleness
- Maintains suppleness and strength
- Works especially well on all black harness and tack
- Packaged in 3 ounce can
- Use this soap to clean not only saddles, but boots, baseball gloves, or any other leather!
- Prevents brittleness
- Maintains suppleness and strength
- Great quality saddle soap from Fiebing's!
- Manufactured in the US!
- CLEANS AWAY DIRT, GRIME AND SALT STAINS: Formulated with lanolin and neatsfoot oil for added moisturizing and superb cleaning.
- KEEPS LEATHER SOFT AND LOOKING GREAT: Bickmore Saddle Soap softens and preserves smooth finished leathers.
- NOT JUST FOR SADDLES: Use Saddle Soap to clean horse tack, leather boots, leather shoes, and even other outdoor leather products such as baseball gloves.
- USE SADDLE SOAP WITH BICK 4: For best results make sure to follow up Bickmore Saddle Soap with Bick 4 Leather Conditioner after all the soap has been removed.
- MADE IN THE USA: Bickmore is proud to make all Bickmore Saddle Soap in the United States of America.
- Saddle Soap Leather Cleanser : Beeswax and Castile Soap Gentle Leather Cleanser with Lemongrass Oil
- All-Natural, Environmentally Friendly, & Safe Ingredients Handmade in Portland, Oregon, USA
- Gently Cleans, Restores Moisture, and Revives Leather
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Non-Toxic, No Silicone, No Petroleum
- Great for use on Leather Shoes, Hats, Bags, Furniture, Auto Interiors, & Much More!
- This item is a Glycerin Saddle Soap Bar
- Purpose of use for Farming, Horse Care Equipment
- This product is manufactured in United States
- Large 7 Oz. Glycerine saddle soap bar
- Cleans leather without drying it out
- More convenient to use than bars
- ust spray on and wipe off this ready to use mixture and see the results
- Good for use on saddles, tack, boots and all fine smooth leathers
- Great for use on leather upholstery
- Easy, Polishing, Liquid Glycerin Saddle Soap
- Easy Sprayer, Makes Cleaning Leather More Manageable
- Removes Embedded Dirt, Grime and Dries To A Long Lasting Shine
- Won't Dull, Stain, Or Leave Any Greasy Residue
- Cleans, Conditions and Polishes In 1 Easy Step
- Cleans dirty and clogged leather.
- Glycerine formula restores the original appearance to smooth leathers
- Made in France
- 100 ml tin
- Saphir Etalon Noir
Saddle soap guide
What is saddle soap?
Saddle soap is a cleaner for smooth leather. Historically, it has been used primarily to clean saddles and bridles, but it is also applicable to leather seats in vehicles. leather furniture, Dog leashes, leather shoes or leather bags, In the past, natural oil or fat based soaps were used. beeswaxor carnauba wax were added to the substance leather careand refatting attached. Tanning processes take place in the acidic area, so the recommendation for cleaning and care today rather turns away from the alkaline products. Modern leather care products contain glycerol and use long-chain alcohols.
As is saddle soap used?
Leather is a sturdy material. Nevertheless, it requires continuous cleaning and care. Leather fabrics with deep graining are particularly affected. In addition to the mechanical stress, the substance is subject to the influence of weather, general pollution and body sweat. The saddle soap has a slightly humid one spongeabsorbable consistency. It is thoroughly incorporated into the leather with little water. It is important to penetrate with coarse-grained leather into the deepest notches. For this purpose, a soft brush may also be used. The result is a discreet foam, which is wiped off after cleaning together with the excess soap. Then the material should dry. In order to achieve a tolerable pH level, the leather can be rubbed dry with a soft cloth and a mixture of water and vinegar essence (1:50). Depending on the surface treatment of the leather, undesirable reactions may also occur here, so this procedure should first be tried on a non-visible surface. If the leather is dry again (Caution: do not help with the hair dryer!), A moisturizer should be applied sparingly and rubbed. This is important to maintain the elasticity and to close the pores in the surface. Otherwise the leather will quickly become brittle and unsightly. Important is: no cleaning without subsequent care.
Advantages and disadvantages of saddle soap in the leather cleaning
Saddle soap is easy to use and extremely economical to use. To make the care process perfect, many traders already offer their products in combination with a post-care product. The saddle soap is also a very cost-effective purchase. Basically, all smooth leather surfaces can be cleaned with the product in indoor and outdoor use. However, some suppliers of leather goods also warn against the use of saddle soap , In this case, it is worth to take a closer look, because sometimes the surfaces of shoes or bags are treated and sealed with chemical substances. The disadvantage is that the use of saddle soap, including the necessary aftertreatment takes some time. On a sunny day in the open air, the drying process between the individual operations can proceed very quickly, but a car with leather seats may need a break for one or two days.
Where can I buy saddle soap?
Saddle soap is especially everywhere, where leather products are distributed. In online shops there is a whole range of these products. Due to their economy in consumption usually 500ml containers are offered. The manufacturer „Bense & Eicke“ offers a glycerin saddle soap both solitary and in combination with a beeswax fattening grease. These combinations are usually cheaper than the single purchase of soap and greasy product. Own products are also offered by the equestrian accessory supplier „Loesdau“ or the saddle manufacturers „Kieffer“ and „Stuebben“. Most saddle soaps are offered in resealable plastic cans. However, some manufacturers also offer paper-wrapped soap bars. Since the saddle soap is moist after use, it should be stored in a closable box. In any case, the purchase of a branded product with high-quality and transparent ingredients is recommended.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”saddle soap” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Fiebing's Yellow Saddle Soap, 12 Oz. - Cleans, Softens and Preserves Leather
- 0.2 Kiwi Saddle Soap, 3.125 Ounce
- 0.3 Fiebing's Saddle Soap, 3.5 oz, Yellow
- 0.4 Fiebing's White Saddle Soap, 12 Oz. - Cleans, Softens and Preserves Leather
- 0.5 Bickmore Saddle Soap Plus - 2.8 oz - Leather Cleaner & Conditioner with Lanolin - Restorer,...
- 0.6 Otter Wax Saddle Soap | 2oz | All-Natural Leather Cleaner | Made in USA
- 0.7 Fiebing's Glycerin Saddle Soap Bar, 7 oz
- 0.8 Fiebing's Liquid Glycerine Saddle Soap for Horse
- 0.9 Farnam Leather New Easy-Polishing Glycerine Saddle Soap, 32 fl. oz.
- 0.10 Saphir Leather Saddle Soap
- 0.11 Farnam Leather New Easy-Polishing...
- 0.12 Saphir Leather Saddle Soap
- 0.13 Fiebing's Liquid Glycerine Saddle Soap...
- 0.14 Fiebing's White Saddle Soap, 12 Oz. -...
- 0.15 Bickmore Saddle Soap Plus - 2.8 oz -...
- 0.16 Otter Wax Saddle Soap | 2oz |...
- 0.17 Fiebing's Glycerin Saddle Soap Bar, 7 oz
- 0.18 Fiebing's Liquid Glycerine Saddle Soap...
- 0.19 Farnam Leather New Easy-Polishing...
- 0.20 Saphir Leather Saddle Soap
- 1 Saddle soap guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-10-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API