10 Best Tennis string of 2019
- 16-gauge racquet string for improving feel and ball control
- Made of sturdy, resilient co-polymer fluorocarbon resin fibers
- Provides excellent touch and finesse without compromising power
- Used by more than 50 percent of the ATP's top 100 pros
- Aluminum fibers added
- Wilson Synthetic Gut Power is made for durability and power
- Solid core nylon string with high energy wrap for durable power
- Power and Durability
- Massive Spin from a square shaped co-poly
- Crisp and medium firm
- Permits hard hits with no loss of control
- Ball Explods off strings with high spin
- Extruded monofilament with an octogonal profile
- String type: monofilament
- Gauge: 17 (1.25 mm)
- Length: 40 feet
- Color : Black
- Liquid Crystalline wrap surround nylon fibers
- Allows for a crisp feel and control
- Available in natural
- HEAD PERFORMANCE: Born out of revolutionizing how we ski and play tennis, HEAD has constantly pushed athletic equipment into the modern era. With decades of experience in all racquet sports; HEAD offers nothing but the best tennis equipment on the market.
- INTERMEDIATE LEVEL: The Synthetic Gut PPS is a solid multifilament string that perfectly combines power, control, and comfort for intermediate club level players.
- COMPOSITION: The 16 g tennis string is made from a solid nylon core wrapped by thicker multifilaments.
- POWERSTRIP TECH: A special polyamide wrapped around the solid inner core provides more resilience and that little bit of extra speed with every shot.
- AN IDEAL PAIRING: An excellent match for your favorite HEAD Instinct or Speed racket for top level club performance.
- Blend of natural Gut + Luxilon ALU Power Rough
- Provides controllable power
- Available in natural
- Wilson's premium string offering excellent power, comfort, and control
- Combination of polyester and polyamide fibers
- Multifilament Xycro Micro fibers with polyester and nylon fibers
- 16 gauge (1.32mm)
- 40 foot length (12.2m)
- 660-Foot Reel. 16g. Pearl Color.
- Designed for heavy topspin play
- Excellent durability and control
- Made in Germany with advanced polyester materials
- From the makers of Tourna grip, the #1 tennis grip in the world
- Square shaped co-poly with good combination of spin and control
- Medium to Firm string. You can take big cuts at the ball without overhitting
- Noticable high spin
- Each pack contains 40 feet (12.2 m) of string. 17 gauge 1.20 mm.
- This listing is for 2 packs total.
Tennis string guide
Tennis strings decide on the quality of the racket
Tennis strings are going up tennis rackettense and form the basis for the function of the sports equipment. The quality and the type of clothing determine the conditions for a successful game. The individual products differ significantly in their properties, which are primarily attributed to the material and the diameter. The elasticity of the Tennis string determined by the achievable ball acceleration. The playing comfort is influenced by the vibration damping. To improve the control of the ball, the liability of the Tennis string a selection criterion. Physical differences exist between the products in terms of material, diameter, color and structure.
The different types of tennis strings
A rough subdivision of the tennis strings takes place into the categories artificial strings and natural gut strings. The latter consist of cow intestines, which were elaborately processed. They have a high elasticity and tension stability. The disadvantages include often higher prices and sensitivity to weather conditions. Tennis pros often play with strings made of natural gut, in the recreational area outweigh the artificial strings. The artificial tennis strings are available in different variants. These are high-tech products that are constantly evolving. Nylon strings are the most commonly used. They are made from a single-fiber nylon core and durable sheaths. Nylon has dynamic properties, which makes it ideal for tennis strings. Within this group there are different construction types. They exert a great influence on the function. A string can have several sheaths, which contributes positively to the quality. The sheaths reduce voltage losses. Polyester strings are easier to construct. They are made from a single strand and provided only with a thin coating. It is a so-called monofilament. The strengths range from 1.1 to 1.35 millimeters. Comparing polyester strings with nylon strings, the lower elasticity is noticeable. The strings are also more rigid. A big advantage is the increased durability even with thin diameters. The disadvantage is the rapid loss of power. The control decreases quickly and the string needs to be replaced. Therefore, polyester strings are suitable for players who produce high string wear. If additives have been added to the polyester, the properties can be positively influenced. Possible additions are carbon fibers or metals. They increase the low voltage stability and the low elasticity. Another improvement of the tennis strings was the invention of titanium strings. They are often based on nylon strings, where the titanium is incorporated into the fibers or applied to the outside. The abrasion decreases if it is a „shell“ made of titanium. If the titanium is processed in the material, the playing properties are optimized. As the fourth large group of synthetic strings exist the multifilament strings. The goal was to approximate the characteristics of a natural string. Many small single fibers are twisted together and form a big string. As a supplement, a jacket is used. The advantages of this variant are the high playability and elasticity. A disadvantage is the short usage time, as the strings quickly auffa.
How do I choose the right one? Tennis string out?
Once you have decided on a material, the question arises as to the right strength. The diameter affects the playing characteristics and the durability. A thin string has good playability but low durability. In trade, the individual products are therefore often found in different strengths. In America, the diameter of the Tennis string in many cases not indicated in millimeters but in gauge. It is not a simple conversion, but a kind of translation. For example, 15 gauge equals 1.41 to 1.49 millimeters. 15L indicate 1.33 to 1.41 millimeters. Read the note 16 Gauge, so the string has a diameter of 1.26 to 1.34 millimeters. 16L is 1.22 to 1.30 millimeters, 17 gauge is 1.16 to 1.24 millimeter, and 18 is 1.06 to 1.16 millimeter.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Tennis string” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Luxilion ALU Power 125 Tennis Racquet String Set (16L Gauge, 1.25 mm)
- 0.2 Wilson Synthetic Gut Power Tennis String, Lime, 16-Gauge
- 0.3 Solinco Heaven Strings Hyper-G Tennis String Set-17g/1.20mm
- 0.4 RPM Blast Black 17g Strings
- 0.5 Wilson Sensation Control 40-Feet Set, Natural, 16
- 0.6 HEAD Synthetic Gut PPS Tennis String, White, 16 Gauge
- 0.7 Wilson Champions Choice Duo Tennis String, Natural
- 0.8 Wilson NXT Control 16 Tennis Racquet String.
- 0.9 TOURNA Premium Poly Tennis String 16g Reel
- 0.10 2 Packs of Solinco Hyper-G 17 g 1.20 mm Tennis String
- 0.11 Wilson Champions Choice Duo Tennis...
- 0.12 TOURNA Premium Poly Tennis String 16g...
- 0.13 Wilson Sensation Control 40-Feet Set,...
- 0.14 RPM Blast Black 17g Strings
- 0.15 Wilson Sensation Control 40-Feet Set,...
- 0.16 HEAD Synthetic Gut PPS Tennis String,...
- 0.17 Wilson Champions Choice Duo Tennis...
- 0.18 Wilson NXT Control 16 Tennis Racquet...
- 0.19 TOURNA Premium Poly Tennis String 16g...
- 0.20 2 Packs of Solinco Hyper-G 17 g 1.20 mm...
- 1 Tennis string guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-28 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API