10 Best yachting jacket of 2019
- Contrast Hilfiger branding logo on back of neck collar
- Center front zipper closure with two lower zipper pockets featuring red/white/blue trim details on top of zipper entry. Interior
- Signature Tommy Hilfiger flag at left chest
- Performance driven design for use in demanding conditions.
- Engineered for complete freedom of movement, comfort and protection.
- Packable, 3-layer hi-vis hood with a 3-way volume adjustment system and internal fleece lined cord channel for a secure, comfortable fit.
- Quick dry brushed mesh collar lining.. Reflective logo's and 3M accents provide 360o visibility.. Adjustable inner PU neck seal for wet weather protection.. Adjustable PU cuffs offer a superior but low bulk seal.. Durable water repellent finish.
- Anti corrosion YKK zippers with lightweight moulded sliders.. Large front pocket protected by YKK Aquaguard water resistant zippers.. Stretch Neoprene waistband for a secure watertight seal.. 3-layer waterproof and breathable fabric.
- Preppy zip-front bomber featuring standing collar with "HILFIGER" screenprint at back
- Logo flag at left arm
- Contrast-tipped ribbed cuffs and hem
- Zip front pockets
- Utilising high quality Japanese fabrics and coating technologies the Breeze family of products has been brought up to date and reintroduced for 2016 with fresh colours and a new silhouette.
- Mesh lined for increased breathability
- 100% Waterproof - 10.000mm. Water resistant centre front and side pocket zips. Brushed inner collar for added comfort. Hook and loop external wrist adjusters. Differential hem with shockcord adjustment. Contoured to reduce windage
- Secure zip fastening internal pocket
- Contrast trim to top collar edge and reflective trim to back collar
- New for 2018, we've added the Gill OS3 Coastal Jacket for men to our bestselling offshore range, taking the proven functionality of our original designs and updating for a stylish, modern feel to suit both beginner and athlete sailors.
- A water repellent coating on the outer layer helps to move moisture away from the body, making this a breathable and light jacket which is suitable for sailing all year round.
- Fully lined hi-vis hood with 2-way adjustment system for comfort
- High cut thermal collar. 2-way zipper for convenience, protected by double storm guard. Deep cargo pockets with secure closure
- Adjustable cuffs with PU inner seals for watertight comfort
- Tommy Hilfiger boys' jacket. Our yachting jacket is brimming with weather-ready details, Designed to block the breeze from budding seafarers. Thanks to a hidden closure along the front containing strong magnets, getting dressed will be a breeze. Part of our adaptive collection, designed for ease of dressing in classic tommy style.
- Designed with and for people with disabilities.
- For size M: Body: 22.25" from shoulder to hem. Sleeve length: 27.5" from center back.
- Magnets are safety tested. If you have a pacemaker, consult your Physician before using our products.
- More adaptive clothing for children and adaptive clothing for boys is available from tommy adaptive kids.
- High cut thermal collar provides comfort and warmth with cushioned face guard
- Designed for inshore sailing, the Gill Men’s Pilot Jacket has been built using two layers of lightweight material, perfect for use as a single or outer layer depending on the time of year.
- This jacket has a high neck, adjustable cuffs and full-length zipper with double storm guard so that you can stay dry on the water in both warm and cold weather.
- Rollaway hood with 2-way volume adjustment for improved access and fit
- Adjustable cuffs lined with a soft PU material for wet weather protection. Internal security pocket. Reflective detail for visibility
- Front zipper protected by an internal double storm guard for wet weather protection
- Helly Tech Protection
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable
- 2 ply fabric construction
- Fully seam sealed
- Durable Water Repellency treatment (DWR)
- Designed with and for people with disabilities
- Tommy Hilfiger boys' jacket. Our yachting jacket is brimming with weather-ready details, designed to block the breeze. From budding seafarers. Thanks to a hidden closure along the front containing strong magnets, getting dressed will be a breeze
- Magnetic front designed to appear as traditional seam. Ribbed standup collar, elastic at waist. More adaptive clothing for children and adaptive clothing for boys is available from tommy adaptive kids
- For size M: body: 21.75 from shoulder to hem. Sleeve length: 27 from center back
- Close all fasteners prior to wash. Machine wash warm. Tumble dry gentle cycle. Do not iron magnets. Additional care instructions may be found on the garment
Sailing jacket guide
Sailing jackets are part of functional clothing and are not only suitable for sailors. Depending on the field of application must have a yachting jacket but have different characteristics so that their wearer is protected in wind and weather. Sailing jackets are available in different materials and designs. The materials are manufactured in special technologies. Sailing jackets are available with different coatings or synthetic fibers. The field of functional materials is developing steadily and rapidly. But even the highest quality functional clothing is of no use if used incorrectly.
Use of sailing jackets
The perfect yachting jacket it is not easy to find. Sailing is divided into various areas such as offshore sailing, regatta racing, sailing charter tours, day trips or just for fair weather sailors. A yachting jacket alone can not cover all these areas. Therefore, you should think about the type of sailing the jacket should actually be used before buying.
Functions of a yachting jacket
A good yachting jacket should offer some functions. This includes a good moisture management. This means that the jacket is able to transport body moisture to the outside. The body should stay dry and not cool down so quickly. At the same time a high level of comfort is desired. Functional clothing should at best consist of materials that dry quickly and wick moisture away. In addition, it must protect from rain, wind and other weather conditions. It is therefore essential to make sure that the sailor jacket is really waterproof. If a jacket is referred to as water repellent, this is not enough. Windproofness is also an important function of a high quality sailing jacket.
If a sailing jacket is particularly waterproof and windproof, this can have a negative impact on breathability. The coating is so dense in these cases that smaller vapor drops are no longer derived from the material. If sailing trips or offshore trips take place in cold temperatures, it makes sense to better protect yourself from the outside. Accordingly, the loss of breathability of the sailor jacket in these cases should exceptionally be accepted.
Single layers of sailing jackets
Sailing jackets are breathable only when the individual material layers are used correctly. The breathability and quick-drying functions are fully realized only if all three layers of the jacket are set as a function. The three layers of Baselayer, Midlayer and Toplayer are used in every type of functional clothing.
The Baselayer is the first or lowest layer. It has the task to direct the resulting moisture to the outside to keep the body dry and to prevent it from cooling down. Therefore, materials are often used here that have warming properties. Often, merino wool is used. A sailing jacket is not available as a baselayer, because usually other clothes are worn under the jacket. However, these other layers should definitely be breathable for the sailor jacket to work properly.
The midlayer refers to the second layer of the functional jacket, It is also called isolation layer. It mainly serves to keep the body warm and to remove the moisture that is released from the first layer. Not only jackets are suitable as midlayer, but depending on the field of application and season also T-shirts, pullovers or longsleeves. For warmer temperatures midlayer are completely sufficient, so that a third layer can be omitted. The softshell or fleece materials are often used for the midlayer sailor jacket. These plastic fibers represent a very good insulation layer.
The top layer is the third layer of a sailing jacket. This refers to the protective layer that ideally prevents bad weather. The hardshell material means that rain, spray and wind have no chance to penetrate the inside of the jacket. Nevertheless, high-quality hardshell jackets offer a positive breathability. Moisture of the lower layers is conducted well outward on these models. Toplayer sailing jackets are made of innovative materials. They have special membranes with outer small pores, which do not allow drops of water inside, but allow body vapors to escape. However, hardshell jackets do not protect you from heat because they are not lined. They therefore lack the warming properties. Sailing jackets with top layer are different in functions and material. Inshore jackets meet different requirements than sailing jackets, which are suitable for offshore sailing. Before buying, you should therefore know exactly which jacket fits which type of sail to avoid a bad buy.
Functional clothing such as sailing jackets should offer the best possible protection against wind, water and rain and be breathable.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”yachting jacket” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Tommy Hilfiger Men's Stand Collar Lightweight Yachting Jacket, nautical, Small
- 0.2 Gill Race Fusion Jacket (Large, Black)
- 0.3 Tommy Hilfiger Men's Yachting Bomber Jacket, Red, Large
- 0.4 Henri Lloyd Breeze Inshore Sailing & Yachting Coat Jacket Coat Titanium - Lightweight. Waterproof &...
- 0.5 Gill Men's OS3 Coastal Jacket, Red, X-Large
- 0.6 Tommy Hilfiger Boys' Adaptive Yacht Jacket with Magnetic Buttons, Navy Blazer Bright White-PT/Apple...
- 0.7 Gill Men's Tournament Waterproof Sailing Jacket with Vortex Hood, Red/Graphite, Large
- 0.8 Gill Pilot Jacket Mens Grapht MD
- 0.9 Helly Hansen 33878 Men's HP Fjord Jacket, Nimbus Cloud - S
- 0.10 Tommy Hilfiger Boys' Adaptive Regatta Jacket with Magnetic Buttons, Core Navy Small
- 0.11 Gill Men's Tournament Waterproof Sailing...
- 0.12 Gill Race Fusion Jacket (Large, Black)
- 0.13 Tommy Hilfiger Boys' Adaptive Regatta...
- 0.14 Henri Lloyd Breeze Inshore Sailing &...
- 0.15 Gill Men's OS3 Coastal Jacket, Red,...
- 0.16 Tommy Hilfiger Boys' Adaptive Yacht...
- 0.17 Gill Men's Tournament Waterproof Sailing...
- 0.18 Gill Pilot Jacket Mens Grapht MD
- 0.19 Helly Hansen 33878 Men's HP Fjord...
- 0.20 Tommy Hilfiger Boys' Adaptive Regatta...
- 1 Sailing jacket guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-10-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API