10 Best chop saw of 2019
- Powerful 15 amp, 3, 800 RPM motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x16 dimensional lumber at 90° and 2x12 at 45°
- Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75 percent of dust generated
- Backed by DEWALT'S 3 year limited warranty
- Maximum Cutting Thickness:6.75 inch
- 15 Amp, 3,800 RPM motor with replaceable brushes
- Quick-release material clamp
- Cutting fence with miter adjustment
- Heavy duty steel base for stability
- Spark deflector
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi power tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- 15 amp motor delivers high power for the toughest cutting jobs
- 0-52 Degree miter angle range to the right & left for increased flexibility
- 0-45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts
- Large table for better material support with Vice clamping system to secure work piece
- 15 Amp, 5,000 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Stainless steel detent plate with 11 positive stops provides repeatable accuracy and jobsite duability
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding vertically 4-1/2-inch and easily slides out of the way for bevel cuts
- Machined base fence support maintains fence perpendicularity with blade for cutting accuracy
- Cam miter lock for quick and accurate miter table positioning; Miter detent override for fine adjustment and precise miter angles
- The item is DEWALT D28715 14-inch quick-change Chop saw
- Used for hand tools & tool Organizers, handsaws
- The product is manufactured in China
- Powerful 15.0 Amp/5.5 hp (maximum motor hp) motor provides more overload capacity
- Quick-Change blade change system lets users change wheels without a wrench
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left | perform compound Miter cuts with ease!
- Use compound cutting for crown molding, shadow boxes, Picture frames, and more | the Genesis compound Miter saw is inexpensive and versatile!
- Laser cutting guide for quicker alignment and improved accuracy | Know where the cut will be ahead of time with the integrated laser guide!
- Electric brake stops the blade in seconds and Arbor lock for quick blade changes
- Includes: 60T Carbide blade installed, hold down Clamp, dust bag, Two extension wings, blade wrench and two AAA batteries for laser
- 15 amp/4HP (maximum motor HP) motor provides overload protection, increasing performance, and durability, QUICK-LOCK Vise allows for fast clamping on different size materials to increase productivity
- Spindle Lock allows user to make wheel changes quickly and easily, On-board wheel change wrench allows for convenient storage
- Ergonomically designed "D" handle provides a more comfortable hand position, reducing fatigue, 45-degree pivoting fence allows for fast and accurate angle cuts, Integrated top handle allows the saw to be carried around easily
- High performance aluminum oxide grain wheels provides for long life, fast cutting, and smoother running wheels
- 15 Amps, Tool Length: 18-3/16 in, Wheel Arbor: 1 in, Max Capacity (Rectangular): 4" x 7-5/8 in
- Dry metal cutting Chop saw; cuts metal with minimal heat or sparks and doesn't require coolant
- 1800 watt / 15 amp motor with high torque gearbox; reduces motor load and improves steel cutting performance
- Heavy duty cast aluminum base; for industrial metal cutting
- Outperforms abrasive saws; faster cutting & long blade life averages 1000 cuts in 2 in x 2 in mild steel
- Cold cut saw; cuts metal with minimal heat and burrs, leaving a workable finish
- Hitachi's Laser Marker System for increased cutting accuracy
- 15 Amp motor, powerful for the toughest cutting jobs
- 0 52 Degree miter angle range, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- 0 45 Degree bevel angle range, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
- Horizontal handle with soft, vibration reducing Elastomer grip adds comfort and control. Powerful 1950W maximum output and 1520W power input motor
- Innovative gearbox and belt drive design increases vertical cutting capacity
- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment free cut line indication
- Powerful 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive Back Fence design cuts up to 2 by 16 dimensional lumber at 90 degrees, 2 by 12 at 45 degrees
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity, ensures accuracy
Chop saw guide
Cross-cut saws belong in the workshop of every handyman. Even carpentry and carpentry companies rely on the use of this mechanical wood saw very often. These are with the chop saw a device that can be purchased inexpensively and is a valuable tool at work.
Chop saw – general
The chop saw is used wherever precision and accuracy are required. This practical device makes it possible to set various settings in wood processing, so that miter cuts and saw cuts are made at absolutely right angles. The term „caps“ comes originally and colloquially from the field of wood processing. By the term shortening and cutting wood is meant. Therefore, under the chop saw basically a mechanical wooden saw understood. This is compared to the other saws on the market (like chainsawand circular saw) extremely precise and allows tailor-made cuts. Individual work steps are facilitated by the application of these and the workflow is rapidly advanced. The inclination of the saw blade can be adjusted on most models from -45 degrees to +45 degrees, which even oblique cuts are possible. The most common use is the chop saw in the kitchen and furniture, because very often special wood connections are needed here. In addition, it is also used for quick trimming of wood. The chop saw represents one at the same time Miter SawBecause if a miter cut, ie a cut is used outside of 90 degrees, the chop saw is used very successfully. An example of such a cut would be a simple picture frame. Cross-cut saws are both freestanding and fixed positioning saws.
Uses and applications
The chop saw is used by both home improvement and professionals. Their basic function is the processing of all kinds of wood products. With this, skirting boards, floors, laminate and boards can be cut cleanly and quickly. Thus, the chop saw is used primarily in renovations, in the house, in the do-it-yourself shed or on the construction site. Due to the possibility of adjusting the angle of inclination, a chop saw is quickly converted into a miter saw. The engine power and saw blade also very often allow the processing of other materials except wood, such as aluminum. The choppers owe their popularity in addition to the high precision and the low weight, which is why they are very easy to transport.
Advantages and disadvantages of a chop saw
The advantages of the chop saw are the high precision thanks to the laser guidance, the easy transport, which makes the field of application varied, the quick processing of wood and the possibility of miter cuts. In addition, the chop saws are compact, can be set up anywhere, have a locking function and provide various adjustment options.
The disadvantages are the possibility that workpieces can only have certain dimensions due to the construction and in the slightly higher costs compared to a bucksaw, But these are generally made up for by the precision and high performance.
When handling a chop saw, as with all other saws, certain occupational safety measures must be taken. So the safety glasses and protective gloves are a must. Otherwise, the integrated protection devices additionally ensure safety during operation. The operation itself requires no effort, so that women in most cases prefer a chop saw to the alternatives. Before use, the workpiece is inserted and locked, the cutting guide is adjusted and the inclination angle is positioned. Then the device is gently pressed down with a saw blade and the cutting can start.
The circular sawcan also be used indoors. However, it is recommended to attach a dust bag. The preventative effect of annoying cleaning is also served by the connections for suction cups.
Tips before buying
Before buying a chop saw, it is important to determine its purpose. Because the respective models differ in addition to the performance and the accessories also by the cut. Additional features include lighting, the laser or a fall arrester. The price of the circular saw ranges from about 150 euros to 420 euros. Since an expensive device does not necessarily mean the best for the respective area, the following criteria should be considered when buying:
– easy to use,
– the weight, as the possibility of transport depends on it,
– retractable engine head,
– horizontally and vertically adjustable saw blade,
– whispering induction motor or light universal motor,
Precision in sawing the cut edges,
– accuracy of setting the angle,
– Additional functions such as a lighting or the laser and
– Supplied accessories – especially the saw blades.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”chop saw” max=”1″]
- 0.1 DEWALT Sliding Compound Miter Saw, 12-Inch (DWS779)
- 0.2 PORTER-CABLE PCE700 15 Amp Chop Saw, 14"
- 0.3 Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10" Compound Miter Saw, 15-Amp Motor, Single Bevel, 0-52° Miter Angle Range,...
- 0.4 DEWALT DW713 10 in. Portable Compound Miter Saw
- 0.5 DEWALT D28715 14-Inch Quick-Change Chop Saw
- 0.6 Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw with Laser Guide and 9 Positive Miter Stops
- 0.7 DEWALT D28710 14-Inch Abrasive Chop Saw
- 0.8 Evolution Power Tools EVOSAW380 15-Inch Steel Cutting Chop Saw
- 0.9 Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker
- 0.10 DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw, Double Bevel (DWS780)
- 0.11 DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter...
- 0.12 Evolution Power Tools EVOSAW380 15-Inch...
- 0.13 Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch...
- 0.14 DEWALT DW713 10 in. Portable Compound...
- 0.15 DEWALT D28715 14-Inch Quick-Change Chop...
- 0.16 Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch...
- 0.17 DEWALT D28710 14-Inch Abrasive Chop Saw
- 0.18 Evolution Power Tools EVOSAW380 15-Inch...
- 0.19 Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp 10-inch Single...
- 0.20 DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter...
- 1 Chop saw guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API