10 Best fluorescent tubes of 2019
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Philips Compact Fluorescent T2 Soft White Light Bulbs have an estimated annual energy cost of $1.57
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Mercury free and lasts 13x longer than a standard incandescent bulbs
- SOFT WHITE: Philips T2 light bulbs simulate sunrise inside the room and warms to its full brightness in seconds, creating a relaxing and comfortable environment
- VERSATILITY: Philips T2 fluorescent light bulbs fit in a E26 medium screw base are suitable for indoor, commercial, and residential use. This 40-Watt light bulb is used to brighten table lamps, kitchens, living rooms, dining rooms, offices, family rooms, bedrooms and hallways
- COMPATIBILITY: These Philips LED light bulbs fit in E26 medium screw bases. Not compatible with Philips HUE products. Philips Energy Saver Compact Fluorescent T2 Light Bulbs are for non connected use only
- F13T5/CW - Pack Of 6 Bulbs
- T5 Fluorescent - 13 Watt
- 21" Overall Length
- Cool White (4100K) Color
- 20,000 Hours - Super Long Life
- For use with 4-pin socket lamps.
- Light output comparable to a 100 watt incandescent bulb. Not compatible with Verilux.
- Uses 27 watts.
- Energy efficient design.
- Four-tube bi-pin base bulb.
- This T9 Cirline bulb efficiently utilizes only 22 watt of energy to produce a daylight like white light
- Emits a bright yet comfortable 1050 amount of 6500k light and comes equipped with a 4-pin base
- These long lasting general purpose lamps average up to 10000 hours of three hour day operations
- Ideal for a wide range of settings from the household, office, retail locations, diners and more
- Outlives, outperforms, and replaces your typical incandescent equivalent lamp while significantly cutting energy costs
- This 13-watt Fluorescent bulb is ideal for indoor use
- It uses up to 78% less energy and lasts up to 10 times longer than standard incandescent bulbs
- It has GU24 Base cell and is non-dimmable
- This is an energy star approved product
- Life: It is durable with a lifespan of 9.1 years/10,000 hours. Does not require batteries
- This T9 Cirline Bulb Efficiently Utilizes Only 22 Watt Of Energy To Produce A Cool White Light
- Emits A Bright Yet Comfortable 1250 Amount Of 4100K Light And Comes Equipped With A 4-Pin Base
- These Long Lasting General Purpose Lamps Average Up To 10000 Hours Of Three Hour Day Operations
- Ideal For A Wide Range Of Settings From The Household, The Office, Retail Locations, Diners And More
- Outlives, Outperforms, And Replaces Your Typical Incandescent Equivalent Lamp While Significantly Cutting Energy Costs
- (Pack of 2) F8T5/CW Cool White
- 12" Straight T5 Fluorescent Tube
- 12,000 Life Hours, G5 Mini Bi-Pin Base
- Ultra Bright Color 4100K, Cool White
- 420 Lumens, CRI: 85
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Philips Indoor T12 light bulbs have an estimated lamp life of 20,000 hours for a long lasting bulb option.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: These Philips T12 light bulbs use recycled glass and packaging material, reducing environmental impact.
- BRIGHT WHITE: Philips Indoor T12 Light Bulbs deliver bright, crisp color ideal for indoor, commercial and residential use. At 6500 Kelvin the bulb is versatile enough to brighten laundry rooms, bathrooms, and workspaces.
- COMPATIBILITY: These Philips Indoor T12 Light Bulbs fit in bi-pin bases. Not compatible with Philips HUE products. Philips Dimmable T12 light bulbs are for non connected use only.
- F8T5/CW - Pack Of 6 Bulbs
- T5 Fluorescent - 8 Watt
- 12" Overall Length
- Cool White (4100K) Color
- 20,000 Hours - Super Long Life
- LF15T8/CW style fluorescent light bulb
- 18" long
- Pack of 2
- 15W fluorescent light bulb
The fluorescent tube (fluorescent tube) is an integral part of everyday life. Whether in offices, cellars, warehouses or workshops – the areas of application for the light source are diverse. In addition, the lighting costs are low compared to the now EU-wide banned light bulb. The elongated tubes are mainly used in places that do not have their own daylight source. So-called full spectrum or daylight fluorescent tubes are able to mimic natural daylight (color temperature 5,800 Kelvin). That’s how they take care of you fluorescent tubes for people to feel well in artificially lit rooms and work concentrated. But the arc tube is not uncontroversial and environmentally friendly alternatives such as LED tubes are on the rise. Where are the differences and what is important when buying, this guide explains.
This is how the classic arc tube works
conventional fluorescent tubes , as they are millions of times in use, generate light by means of a gas discharge. Fluorescent tubes contain a mixture of mercury and argon. The process of producing light, in simple terms, works as follows: The electrodes in the tube heat up to 2000 ° C and evaporate parts of the mercury it contains. Collision of mercury atoms and electrons causes the glow and the tube gives off the desired light. Need for operation fluorescent tubes a ballast. This is either an ECG (electronic ballast) or a KVG (conventional ballast). Its task is to protect the fluorescent tube from bursting by throttling the power supply. Therefore, the term throttle is also common. In addition to the ballast, the arc tube requires a starter, which is responsible for the ignition. Common side effects of fluorescent tubes is a humming, whirring and flickering.
The biggest criticism of classic fluorescent tubes is the mercury contained. The heavy metal is a health risk when breaking the lamp dar. In addition, the disposal of the lampsnot allowed on household waste, as the materials contained can lead to environmental problems. That’s why fluorescent tubes at a specialized waste disposal company. The fluorescent tube is characterized by its long service life and good luminous efficacy at comparatively low energy costs. With the LED tube, however, there is now an alternative that offers similar light with less environmental hazards and even lower electricity costs.
Alternative: the LED tubes
The LED tube does not work with gas, but generates the light through a (emitting) diode. If this is supplied with power, it emits light. Toxic or otherwise problematic components do not contain LED tubes. Although their initial costs are higher compared to the classic fluorescent tube, this also applies to their lifetime. In terms of light temperature, the fluorescent tubes hardly differ from each other. LED tubes, like their mercury-filled predecessors, belong to hazardous waste. Here, however, not because of problematic ingredients, but in order to reuse the valuable components for the electronics industry.
The replacement of a classic fluorescent tube with an LED tube is, however, associated with no great effort. The manufacturers offer so-called retrofit models, which can be installed in existing lamps. Typically, these models include a so-called starter dummy, which replaces the starter of the classic fluorescent tube and allows easy insertion of an LED tube.
Find the right color temperature
One of the most important criteria when buying a light tube is the color temperature. It decides whether the generated light is similar to daylight or warm white creates a cozy atmosphere. The color temperature has a significant influence on the ability of people to concentrate. The following overview provides an indication of which color temperature is recommended for which application:
– 8000 Kelvin: Use in the office, classrooms and hospitals
– 6500 Kelvin: Ideal for use in technical production facilities
– 5400 Kelvin: aquariums, Plant lighting, plant breeding
– 3500 Kelvin: Universally applicable
– 2700 Kelvin: Suitable for living rooms, kitchen and corridors
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”fluorescent tubes” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Philips Energy Saver Compact Fluorescent T2 Twister Household Light Bulb: 2700-Kelvin, 13-Watt...
- 0.2 (Pack Of 6) F13T5/CW - T5 Fluorescent 4100K Cool White - 13 Watt - 21" Super Long Life Light Bulbs
- 0.3 Four Tube 27 Watt 6500K 4-Pin Base Light Bulb
- 0.4 Sunlite FC8T9/DL Fluorescent 22W T9 Circline Ceiling Lights, 6500K Daylight Like Light, 4-Pin Base
- 0.5 Feit Electric BPESL13T/GU24/2 900 Lumen Soft White Mini Twist GU24 CFL, Uses Up To 78% Less Energy,...
- 0.6 Sunlite FC8T9/CW Fluorescent 22W T9 Circline Ceiling Lights, 4100K Cool White Light, 4-Pin Base
- 0.7 (Pack of 2) F8T5/CW 8W T5 12" Cool White 4100k Fluorescent Light Bulb 20,000hr
- 0.8 Philips Daylight Deluxe Linear Fluorescent T12 Light Bulb: 4-Foot, 2325-Lumen, 6500-Kelvin, 40-Watt,...
- 0.9 (Pack Of 6) F8T5/CW - T5 Fluorescent 4100K Cool White - 8 Watt - 12" Super Long Life Light Bulbs
- 0.10 Camco 54878 Replacement F15T8/CW 18" Fluorescent Light Bulb - Pack of 2
- 0.11 Philips Daylight Deluxe Linear...
- 0.12 (Pack Of 6) F13T5/CW - T5 Fluorescent...
- 0.13 Sunlite FC8T9/DL Fluorescent 22W T9...
- 0.14 Sunlite FC8T9/DL Fluorescent 22W T9...
- 0.15 Feit Electric BPESL13T/GU24/2 900 Lumen...
- 0.16 Sunlite FC8T9/CW Fluorescent 22W T9...
- 0.17 (Pack of 2) F8T5/CW 8W T5 12" Cool White...
- 0.18 Philips Daylight Deluxe Linear...
- 0.19 (Pack Of 6) F8T5/CW - T5 Fluorescent...
- 0.20 Camco 54878 Replacement F15T8/CW 18"...
- 1 Tubes guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API