10 Best lathe of 2019
- Perfect for pens, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
- Soft start variable speed motor adjusts anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
- Includes a 5-inch face plate for turning non-spindle workpieces
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
- Features a 2-amp motor, an MT1 spindle and tailstock taper, and two interchangeable tool rests
- Power: 100W ，Voltage: 24V DC ，Speed: 2000-8000 r / min, 7 grade speed
- Material: aluminum alloy ，Size: 305* 60 * 65mm
- High-precision, stability, low noise, aluminum alloy materials, CNC machining.
- Designed for the home DIY enthusiasts, small and portable, strong power, not suitable for mass production or commercial use.
- Thick aluminum base, acrylic dust cover motor.
- Power: 80W - 100W
- Voltage: 24V DC
- Material: aluminum alloy and Acrylic
- Speed: 2000-8000 r / min, 7 grade speed
- Size: 305* 58 * 65mm
- 【Solid and Steady Frame】Made of solid steel, the frame is steady and strong enough to make your machine stable, which can hold your wood projects. And the stable frame can help to reduce the vibration when operating the machine.
- 【4 Speeds Adjustable】Designed with adjustable 4 speeds: 1100/1600/2300/3400RPM, you can tackle various projects with different needs, contributing to power saving and better accomplishment. And the 1/2 HP setting is powerful.
- 【Perfect for Home Use】Overall Dimensions of 57.2" X 9" X 14.9" and complete accessories, the lathe is compact, allowing fit in tight space, which can be perfectly set at your house to do some wood pattern projects and handiwork, such as straight fluting, grooving, drilling, layout, and more.
- 【With Great Working Space】With 40 inches distance between the center, the lathe give you enough space to do wood work while maintaining a low profile on your workbench, allowing you work with larger pieces for great handiwork.
- 【Accessory Options for Versatility】With several accessories available to customize the lathe, you can tailor it to fit your different needs. With the versatile wood turning lathe, you can improve the accuracy of your craft.
- Product is manufactured in China
- This product meets customer requirement
- 5 year on material and workmanship
- Motor: 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, 110V, Single-phase, 60 Hz
- 12-inch distance between centers
- 8-inch swing over bed
- Cast iron construction and infinitely variable speed control
- Includes two tool rests
- VARIABLE SPEED - This 10 x 18" wood lathe is featured with 550W powerful motor and variable speed with digital readings for you to work with precise speed
- WORK CAPACITY - Swing over bed 10" (254 mm). 18" (457 mm) distance between centers, swing over bed 10" (254 mm), 6" (150 mm) tool rest, 3" (75 mm) face plate, top drive and live center
- STABLE OPERATION - Cast iron constructed wood lathe with rubber feet, providing increased stability and smooth operation
- DELICATE WORKMANSHIP - All gears and shafts in headstock have been precisely grounded and hardened for longer service life and mute operation. High quality electronic units are applied throughout the machine
- APPLICATION - Bench top wood lathe, an ideal tool for use in labs, workshops, engineering and education
- 1/5hp 110V variable speed motor (0-4300 rpm); Lightweigh (15 lbs); Portable; Small footprint (20x6x6 inches)
- Headstock threaded to 3/4" x 16tpi; Tailstock uses #1 Morse Taper mount (1MT)
- Anodized aluminum base with mounting holes and flange to mount lathe on most surfaces; Swing over bed 5-1/2"
- Includes: pen mandrel shaft with collet closer nut for mounting, mandrel saver, (5) 7mm bushings, 7mm drill bit, (2) collet wrenches
- Also includes: mini dust collection hood with 2" port, 2" hose clamp, and hood mounting bracket
- Wood lathes turning capacity: 14" maximum diameter over bed. 40" maximum between centers.
- Wood lathe pulley system - Four speed, V belts
- Spindle Speeds: 810 RPM to 3400 RPM
- Motor - 350 watt, 1400 RPM, 110 volt AC, mounted to headstock.
- Overall measurements - 14.57" high, 9.45" wide, 59.05" long.
- Powerful 1 hp max, 1,725 rpm motor
- Large 12-1/2-inch swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class. Drive spindle: 1 inch -8 RH TPI thread
- Electronic variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
- Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish. Sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lay down and remain rough.
- Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life
Anyone who likes to work with wood will sooner or later play with the idea lathe to buy. Beautiful objects to give away and for your own home can with a lathe be made as fast and easy as the filigree posts for a new stair railing. But not with everyone lathe You can do all the work equally well. For those who have never turned, for which it is advisable, one’s own abilities first of all at a low-priced lathe for beginners and beginners to try. Because even though the machine takes on the power-robbing part of the work, the movement of the work piece is at work with one lathe a certain manual skill required. If, after a long trial period, you still enjoy this job and the results you get, the next professional and powerful lathe is not far away.
Basically, when buying a lathe are a few important criteria to be considered. This is, for example, the engine power. To ensure that the speed of the lathe does not fall and the quality of the surface suffers when working on harder types of wood, a lathe should have a motor with at least 350 watts of power. This is really the absolute minimum for machining larger and hard workpieces. For the small parts in the model, of course, also a lower engine power. The maximum workpiece length indicates how long the parts to be machined may be. Many of the offered lathe benches can take up to 1,000 mm long parts. This length is sufficient in the vast majority of cases. Even for table legs and balusters. Another criterion is the maximum turning diameter over the tool rest, the so-called support. Here you should try to take a look into the future and estimate which turning diameter you will need. Values above 350 mm are usually more than adequate. Who intends to make larger bowls and bowls on the lathe, should choose a correspondingly larger value. The peak height is only partially helpful here. It indicates how large the workpiece diameter can be above the machine bed (center height times 2). Another important factor is a multi-stage gearbox, which can be used to adjust the rotational speeds adapted to the turning diameter. The smaller the diameter of the workpiece is, the higher can or should be the speed.
Turning lathes for beginners and model making
Turning lathes for beginners are not necessarily the same as inferior lathes. These lathes usually have a slightly weaker drive and are smaller in size. Special turning lathes for machining small parts for model making are rarely found. A popular turning lathe for model making is the Proxxon 27020 Micro Lathe DB 250. With a length of 55 cm and a low weight of only 2.6 kg, it is ideal for modellers. The motor power of 100 watts is perfectly sufficient for the fine work in this area.
A cheap turning lathe, which is recommended for beginners, is the 350 Watt wood turning lathe from Berlan with which a maximum of 1,000 mm long work pieces can be machined. The spindle speed with this machine can be set in 4 steps.
You have to dig a little deeper into the bag for the Jet JWL-1221VS lathe. For this you get, among other things, a powerful spindle motor with 700 watts of power and a 6-speed gearbox.
Turning benches with underframe
Most lathes for the hobbyist can easily be stored on a sturdy plate, for example one Workbenchto be placed. More freedom of movement and legroom are provided by wood turning lathes with their own underframe. The bases are usually made of welded steel sheets and very stable.
A lathe with base for advanced and professionals is the lathe DB 1100 from Holzstar. The machine offers, among other things, a top width of 1,100 mm, a stepless speed adjustment of 500 – 2000 rpm and can be retrofitted with chucks if required.
Of course, there is also the right one for each lathe Tool, The so-called turning tools or turning chiselscomes in many different sizes, shapes and qualities. But especially with these tools you should not save at the wrong end and spend a few euros more for high-quality tools.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”lathe” max=”1″]
- 0.1 WEN 3420T 8 in. x 12 in. Variable Speed Benchtop Mini Wood Lathe
- 0.2 BACHIN Mini Lathe Beads Polisher Machine Diy CNC Machining for Table Woodworking Wood DIY Tool Lathe...
- 0.3 Yaetek Mini Lathe Beads Polisher Machine DIY Woodworking Craft Rotary Tool
- 0.4 Goplus 1/2HP 4 Speed 40" Power Wood Turning Lathe 14" x 40" Benchtop Wood Lathe
- 0.5 Milwaukee Electric Tools 2722-21HD Fuel Super Sawzall Kit
- 0.6 SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
- 0.7 Mophorn 10 x 18 Inch Wood Lathe Bench Top Heavy Duty Wood Lathe Stepless Speed Regulation Digital...
- 0.8 PSI Woodworking PENPAL Portable 15-Pound Mini Penmaking Lathe
- 0.9 1/2hp 40 Inch 4 Speed Power Wood Turning Lathe 14x40 In
- 0.10 Delta Industrial 46-460 12-1/2-Inch Variable-Speed Midi Lathe
- 0.11 Delta Industrial 46-460 12-1/2-Inch...
- 0.12 Milwaukee Electric Tools 2722-21HD Fuel...
- 0.13 WEN 3420T 8 in. x 12 in. Variable Speed...
- 0.14 Goplus 1/2HP 4 Speed 40" Power Wood...
- 0.15 Milwaukee Electric Tools 2722-21HD Fuel...
- 0.16 SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop...
- 0.17 Mophorn 10 x 18 Inch Wood Lathe Bench...
- 0.18 PSI Woodworking PENPAL Portable 15-Pound...
- 0.19 1/2hp 40 Inch 4 Speed Power Wood Turning...
- 0.20 Delta Industrial 46-460 12-1/2-Inch...
- 1 Woodturning Guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-27 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API