10 Best Miter Saw of 2019
- Powerful 15 amp, 3, 800 RPM motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x16 dimensional lumber at 90° and 2x12 at 45°
- Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75 percent of dust generated
- Backed by DEWALT'S 3 year limited warranty
- Maximum Cutting Thickness:6.75 inch
- 15 Amp, 5,000 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Stainless steel detent plate with 11 positive stops provides repeatable accuracy and jobsite duability
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding vertically 4-1/2-inch and easily slides out of the way for bevel cuts
- Machined base fence support maintains fence perpendicularity with blade for cutting accuracy
- Cam miter lock for quick and accurate miter table positioning; Miter detent override for fine adjustment and precise miter angles
- Fits most 7-1/4, 8, 8-1/4, 10, and 12-Inch Miter, sliding compound miter, chop, and portable saws
- New recessed laser design to protect the laser from hitting the material on deep cuts
- New thinner design to fit more saws
- New brighter and more accurate laser line
- Includes extra set of silver oxide batteries
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi power tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- 15 amp motor delivers high power for the toughest cutting jobs
- 0-52 Degree miter angle range to the right & left for increased flexibility
- 0-45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts
- Large table for better material support with Vice clamping system to secure work piece
- Precise Smooth cuts on wood, plastic, soft metals (aluminum, copper, brass)
- Cutting Dept: 1/2 Inch
- 7800 RPM Speed
- Includes Mini Bench Cut-off Saw with 71" Power cord, 2" HSS Blade(.020 Inch Thick, 3/8 Inch Arbor), 0-45 Degree Miter Gauge, Table Clamp, Instruction Manual
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left | perform compound Miter cuts with ease!
- Use compound cutting for crown molding, shadow boxes, Picture frames, and more | the Genesis compound Miter saw is inexpensive and versatile!
- Laser cutting guide for quicker alignment and improved accuracy | Know where the cut will be ahead of time with the integrated laser guide!
- Electric brake stops the blade in seconds and Arbor lock for quick blade changes
- Includes: 60T Carbide blade installed, hold down Clamp, dust bag, Two extension wings, blade wrench and two AAA batteries for laser
- Stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops
- Tall sliding fence supports 5-1/2 in. Base vertically
- Precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Bevels 0° - 48° to the left and 0°- 3° to the right
- 2 in. X 8 in. Dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90° and 2 in. X 6 in. Dimensional lumber at 45°
- Axial-glide system: The patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact. This saves you 12 in. Of valuable workspace. Bosch glide miter saw also offers unmatched smoothness of cut
- Capacity: expanded cutting capacity 14 in. Horizontal capacity Nominal 6-1/2 in. Vertical capacity against the fence base 6-1/2 in. Crown capacity against the fence 45 spring
- Adjustable: the GCM12SD miter saw provides easy adjustments with a large easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detents and roof pitch angles. Bevel detents: 0, 33.9°, 45° left/right for accurate cuts. Category best 90% dust collection - optimized for cutting 2x material with a vacuum
- Precision: square lock quick release fences lock fence 90° to the table and requires no adjustment, 1-touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support
- Ease of use: Upfront bevel Controls all metal bevel lock lever and range selector located Upfront for quick and easy bevel settings without reaching behind the saw
- Innovative gearbox and belt drive design increases vertical cutting capacity
- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment free cut line indication
- Powerful 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive Back Fence design cuts up to 2 by 16 dimensional lumber at 90 degrees, 2 by 12 at 45 degrees
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity, ensures accuracy
- Integrated cut line cross-cut positioning system provides adjustment-free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility. Capacity to cup 3 5/8in nested crown and 3 1/2 base vertically
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops improves productivity and ensures cutting accuracy. Oversized bevel scale makes bevel angle adjustments accurate and easy
- Compact, lightweight design (30 lbs.) allows for easy transport and storage
- Cam lock miter handle delivers quick and accurate miter angles
- Precise miter system and machined base fence support optimize durability and cutting accuracy
Miter Saw Guide
Whether in the hobby workshop or the renovation – if it is necessary to produce precise corner joints (so-called mitres), is the Kapp and Miter Saw an indispensable Tool, It allows materials of different lengths to be shortened to the desired length and, if necessary, to provide the ends with an exact angle cut. As a result, individual parts of picture frames, door frames and baseboards combine to form a whole. But what features does one have Miter Saw offer and what else is to be considered when buying?
Basic equipment and additional functions
Crosscut and miter saws are operated electrically or manually by hand. Except for the process of sawing and some technical details, however, the operating principle of the two variants is identical. A Miter Saw consists of a substructure, which is the sawserves as a base and at the same time is the shelf for the materials to be sawn. In the middle of the substructure is a kind of plate, on which a scale with angles is shown. In addition, the saw head is attached to the saw blade in electric miter saws. He is both swivel and tilt. A mounted on the saw head handle allows its safe operation. An important element is the cover of the saw blade. It automatically covers the saw blade after leaving the workpiece, preventing it from being injured by accidental contact. Manual miter saws do not provide such protection, but this is the one riskalso not given to the same extent.
One problem with sawing is the formation of dust. Flying sawdust not only complicates the subsequent cleaning. You can also accidentally land in the eye and and irritate this. Good electric miter saws therefore have a connection for one vacuum cleaneror already bring a dust bag with. This comfort offers among other things the Makita Kapp and Miter Saw LS1018L. The bag absorbs swarf and sawdust when sawing. So that the workpiece does not rest loosely on the device during sawing, the Miter Saw have one or more fixation options. The Metabo chop sawKGS 216 M is exemplary in this regard and has a clamping device with which the workpiece to be sawn can be fastened. To operate a miter saw comfortably and safely, a firm footing is important. For the workshop, the weight of the machine and a fixed worktable or a sufficient Workbench, For on the way a suitable miter saw base is recommended. For some saws, the manufacturer already delivers a transportable undercarriage from the factory. For example, the Einhell pull, miter and miter saw TC-SM 2531 U. In the set miter saw and frame are often cheaper than single purchase.
Before buying a miter saw
A miter saw is not a small purchase, so the purchase should be well considered. Above all, buyers should ask themselves how often and to what extent they are likely to use the saw. In order to occasionally carry out small jobs, such as sawing miter rails or building picture frames, a manual miter saw is usually sufficient. It is only worthwhile to buy an electric miter saw for larger projects such as building a house. If the decision has been made for a saw, the question arises as to whether a simple saw is sufficient or whether it should be a model with additional functions. A feature that higher priced models offer, but which is not mandatory, is a laser. This projects the cut line of the saw onto the material. In this way even more precise cuts should be possible. Ultimately, the maximum possible cutting width is crucial for choosing a miter saw. It determines which materials can be processed with the device. Also the weight of the saw should be kept in mind, if it is to be used on the way. Some models weigh 20 kilograms and more.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Miter Saw” max=”1″]
- 0.1 DEWALT Sliding Compound Miter Saw, 12-Inch (DWS779)
- 0.2 DEWALT DW713 10 in. Portable Compound Miter Saw
- 0.3 Oshlun LG-M01 Miter and Portable Saw Laser Guide
- 0.4 Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10" Compound Miter Saw, 15-Amp Motor, Single Bevel, 0-52° Miter Angle Range,...
- 0.5 TruePower 919 High Speed Mini Miter/Cut-Off Saw, 2-Inch (colors may vary)
- 0.6 Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw with Laser Guide and 9 Positive Miter Stops
- 0.7 DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw, 15-Amp, Single Bevel, Compound (DWS715)
- 0.8 Bosch Power Tools GCM12SD - 15 Amp 12 in. Corded Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw with 60 Tooth...
- 0.9 DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw, Double Bevel (DWS780)
- 0.10 DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Miter Saw, Tool Only (DCS361B)
- 0.11 Bosch Power Tools GCM12SD - 15 Amp 12...
- 0.12 DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter...
- 0.13 Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10" Compound Miter...
- 0.14 Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10" Compound Miter...
- 0.15 TruePower 919 High Speed Mini...
- 0.16 Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch...
- 0.17 DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw, 15-Amp, Single...
- 0.18 Bosch Power Tools GCM12SD - 15 Amp 12...
- 0.19 DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter...
- 0.20 DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Miter Saw,...
- 1 Miter Saw Guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API