10 Best spindle sander of 2019
- Powerful 1/2 HP 3.5 Amp motor provides 58 OPM and 2000 RPM
- Includes six 80-Grit sanding sleeve sizes for a variety of curvatures: 1/2 in., 3/4, in., 1 in., 1-1/2 in., 2 in., 3 in.
- Features onboard storage for all accessories along with a dust collection port for hooking in a dust extractor
- Attach the dust collector of your choice to the onboard dust port to minimize clean-up
- Backed by a two-year warranty
- Features 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, 1 inch, 1-1/2 inch and 2 inch sanding drum sizes and one 4 x 24 inch belt
- Operate with belt speeds up to 1575 FPM and spindle speeds up to 2000 RPM
- The 3.5-amp motor oscillates the belt and spindle 58 times per minute with a 5/8-inch stroke
- Onboard storage maintains organization of all accessories and sandpapers
- Includes a beveling work table, five throat plates, four rubber sanding drums, one belt sanding attachment and six pieces of 80-grit sandpaper (one for each size spindle/belt)
- Ideal for sanding contours, arcs, curves & other irregular shapes
- Rotating & oscillating action for increased speed, efficiency and a precision finish
- Powerful 3.5A (450W) motor No Load Speed - 2000 RPM Oscillation Speed - 58 OPM
- Includes 6 sanding sleeves with matching rubber drums & table inserts
- On-board storage for all accessories
- 1/2 Horsepower Permanent Magnet Motor, 120-Volt, Single Phase, CSA Certified
- Table Size: 11-1/2-Inch W x 15-Inch L x 1-5/16 H
- Sanding Drum Diameter: 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", 2" and 3"; Sanding Drum Length 4-1/2-Inch
- Sanding Sleeves: 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", 2" and 3" (1/2" sleeve fits directly on the spindle)
- Weighs 30-Pound
- 5 rubber sanding sleeves (4-1/2" long): 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", 2"
- 4 Sanding drums: 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", 2"
- Sanding belt speed: 1575 FPM
- Spindle oscillation: 5/8", 58 oscillations per minute
- Includes 80-grit hard sleeves and sanding belt
- Table that tilts to 45-degrees for sanding angled materials
- 1/2-horsepower motor accommodate even the heaviest sanding project
- 1-inch spindle delivers scratch-free finish
- Oscillating action prolongs the sleeve life
- Non-skid rubber feet prevents the unit from slipping
- 120V, 5A motor; Weighs: 5 lb; 1-1/2" dust port
- 1800-3200 RPM and 50-90 SPM high speed rotating and oscillating action for burn-free sanding
- Includes 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2" sanding sleeves, rubber pad, and clamps for table mounting
- Keyless locking bolt allows quick changing of pre-loaded sanding drums
- Adjustable edge guide for accurate stock removal
- 5 rubber sanding drums: 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", 2", 3"
- 6 sanding sleeves: 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", 2", 3"
- 6 table inserts: 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", 2", 3"
- 3 spindle washers: 5/8", 7/8", 1-3/4"
- Grizzly Industrial
- Includes six 80-grit sleeves, six 120-grit sleeves and six 240-grit sleeves
- 1/2 in., 3/4 in., 1 in., 1-1/2 in., 2 in. and 3 in. spindle sleeve for each grit
- Perfect for material removal, resurfacing and more
- Designed to fit the WEN 6510 Oscillating Spindle Sander
Spindle grinder guide
No matter if curves, semicircles or other shapes have to be ground in the wood – a spindle sander is the right one Toolfor all this work. Therefore, it is not surprising that this tool can be found in almost every model maker and hobbyist.
Spindle grinder – General
At a spindle sander it is a grinding machinewhich is used when sanding wooden workpieces. Thanks to their high engine power, an excellent result can be achieved even under load. On spindle sander is used exclusively for grinding wood. For this purpose, the workpiece is simply guided to the spindle. In most cases it is an oscillating one spindle sander in which the spindle simultaneously rotates and moves up and down. The motor creates a smooth movement. Will the spindle sander put into operation, the workpiece can be processed the same. During grinding, several different rubber rollers with different diameters are available, on which the sanding sheet is mounted. If necessary, the abrasive sheet can be easily replaced. The spindle grinder is simply attached to the worktable with the aid of the worktable that it has. In addition, it has a suction nozzle to which a workshop vacuum cleaner can be connected. This ensures a clean working environment.
Otherwise, there are several versions of the spindle grinder. The respective differences exist in the performance and the accessories. In addition, the work tablesof the respective models.
Spindle grinder – historical
The spindle grinders, which are known today, were created in the 1960s and 1970s. However, this does not mean that the spindle grinder did not exist before. Thus, around the year 1819, the first mention of this tool was found. But the first spindle grinder was not used for today’s purpose, so that not the wood was processed, but the spindle grinder was used for other purposes. Nowadays, it is a useful tool in the manufacture and processing of wooden objects. Especially hobbyists like this tool, because it does everything that would be impossible to do with a bare hand.
Application areas of a spindle grinder
In general, a spindle grinder is always used when wood has to be ground. It may be that you just want to have sanded thin layers of wood, because they have become damaged. It may also be that you simply want to grind new workpieces in shape. The spindle grinder can grind holes or curves very well. Therefore, he comes in the private sector very often used. Because with the spindle grinder can be both furniture and art objects or wooden toys very easy to produce and edit.
Advantages and disadvantages of the spindle grinder
The advantages of a spindle grinder are many. So it grinds both curves into the wood and other forms. Thanks to the oscillating movement, the wear of sandpaper is reduced. The grinding pattern created by the use of the spindle grinder is uniform and completely free of transitions. Each spindle grinder has several grinding sleeves. This tool is not only suitable for the commercial sector but can also be used without problems in the private sector.
Among the disadvantages mentioned are the fact that the spindle grinder is intended exclusively for wood and no other material can be processed with this tool. Otherwise, it has no other function than the grinding. During operation, the speed of the spindle grinder can not be adjusted by the user but is always the same.
Worth knowing before buying
For people who like to work with wood, a spindle grinder will certainly be a real relief in the house. However, this is not intended for renovations and can not be used to machine smooth and straight shapes, but to grind curves and other shapes. Therefore modellers, hobbyists and restorers will enjoy this tool. This is a great way to work with old pieces of furniture, instruments, toys and other wooden objects.
When buying a spindle grinder, the price does not necessarily have to be the decisive argument for the purchase. Rather, make sure that the worktable meets your own requirements and is sufficiently heavy and stable. After all, he must be able to provide a secure base. Therefore you should rather do without a spindle grinder with a plastic working surface.
The table size does not necessarily have to be too high. There should rather be spent a little more money for a more powerful engine. In addition, you should make sure that under the accessories of the spindle grinder necessarily grinding sleeves and sanding rollers and table inserts are. The extraction nozzle should also not be missing, so that the fine dust can be caught during work immediately from the workshop vacuum cleaner.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”spindle sander” max=”1″]
- 0.1 WEN 6510T 3.5 Amp Oscillating Spindle Sander
- 0.2 WEN 6524 Oscillating Belt and Spindle Sander
- 0.3 Triton TSPS450 450W / 3.5 Amp Oscillating Spindle Sander
- 0.4 Shop Fox W1831 1/2 HP Single Phase Oscillating Spindle Sander
- 0.5 Grizzly Industrial T27417 - Oscillating Edge Belt and Spindle Sander
- 0.6 JET 708404 JBOS-5 5-1/2 Inch 1/2 Horsepower Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander with Spindle...
- 0.7 EJWOX Portable Handheld Oscillating Spindle Sander
- 0.8 Grizzly Industrial G0739 - Benchtop 1/2 HP Oscillating Spindle Sander
- 0.9 Grizzly Industrial G0837 - Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander
- 0.10 WEN 6510SPC Assorted Grits Spindle Sanding Sleeves (18 Pack)
- 0.11 JET 708404 JBOS-5 5-1/2 Inch 1/2...
- 0.12 Grizzly Industrial T27417 - Oscillating...
- 0.13 WEN 6510T 3.5 Amp Oscillating Spindle...
- 0.14 Shop Fox W1831 1/2 HP Single Phase...
- 0.15 Grizzly Industrial T27417 - Oscillating...
- 0.16 JET 708404 JBOS-5 5-1/2 Inch 1/2...
- 0.17 EJWOX Portable Handheld Oscillating...
- 0.18 Grizzly Industrial G0739 - Benchtop 1/2...
- 0.19 Grizzly Industrial G0837 - Benchtop...
- 0.20 WEN 6510SPC Assorted Grits Spindle...
- 1 Spindle grinder guide
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API