10 Best Splitting Axe of 2019
- Ideal for taller users splitting medium- to large-sized logs
- Designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits. Textured non-slip grip reduces hand strain and improves control
- Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed to multiply power, much like an aluminum baseball bat
- Advanced bevel convex blade geometry adds power and makes the blade easier to remove from wood
- Lifetime warranty. Item weight: 5.85 pounds
- Ideal for splitting wood (splitting face) or driving wedges and stakes (driving face)
- Optimized blade geometry offers better penetration and blasts tough logs apart
- Patented IsoCore Shock Control System absorbs strike shock and vibration to reduce the punishment your body takes, transferring 2X less shock and vibration than wood handles
- Insulation sleeve captures initial strike shock before it can reach your hand
- Full lifetime warranty. Forged, heat-treated steel is finished with a rust-resistant coating.Softgrip handle features a sculpted profile to fit the natural shape of your hand
- Handmade in Wuppertal, Germany
- German C50 high grade carbon steel, 53-56 HRC
- Switzerland made handle, FSC certified Grade A American hickory
- Head Weight: 6.2 lb / Length: 31 in. / Total Weight: 8.5 lb
- Steel Overstrike Protector & Includes vegetable tanned leather sheath
- FORGED IN ONE PIECE - The most durable, longest lasting striking tools available
- WOOD SPLITTING MADE EASY - Weighted wedge design makes chopping logs and firewood a breeze
- HEAVY DUTY SHEATH - Includes ballistic nylon sheath to protect hand sharpened cutting edge
- GENUINE LEATHER GRIP - Hand sanded and lacquered for a durable yet comfortable finish
- MADE IN THE USA - Our tools are proudly crafted in Rockford, IL using the finest American steel
- Best suited for splitting thicker wood
- Head is attached to the hickory shaft using both a wooden and Steel Wedge to secure fastening
- Head is designed to go easy into the wood, with minimal effort by the chopper and split the wood in two parts
- Long handle creates extra power and Utilizes a two-hand grip
- Includes a leather edge cover
- SPLITS LARGE LOGS. Ideal for splitting larger wood logs. Optimized blade geometry offers better penetration and blasts tough logs apart. Ideal for taller users splitting medium- to large-sized logs. Designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits. Over-all length 35", handle 32".
- HEAD WITH WING DESIGN AND RESHARPENABLE BLADE. Balanced head with wings provides for an easy and effective swing. The head of the steel head has a protective coating and the cutting blade features a fully polished finished edge. The blade can be easily resharpened with a file.
- FIBERGLASS HANDLE WITH COMFORT GRIP. The sturdy 32" fiberglass handle (35" overall length) provides you with all the strength you need. The handle has a bright orange color which increases visibility, so the tool is easily located in the garage, garden or in the woods. The handle has and has a cushioned rubber non-slip handle grip, which is shock absorbent, reducing hand strain. Optimal anti shock surface structure ensures a comfortable, firm grip.
- EASY STORAGE. The blade comes with a rubber protective band for safe storage and transport. After use, simply apply the rubber protective sleeve and hang the hatchet from the handle after use.
- ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE. The Tabor Tool customer satisfaction guarantee means exactly that. We will fix any problems quickly and answer to your need every time. We are always available to help our customers; our service record is unmatched!
- 5 1/2 ib. Head
- Length with handle: 80 cm (31.5")
- Weight: 3,2 kg (7 lb)
- Sheath in vegetable-tanned leather
- Gransfors Bruks
- Tools & Home Improvement
- The Gränsfors Large Splitting Axe can be used for splitting all types of firewood. It is forged and ground to a concave, quite thin blade at the bit.
- Large Splitting Axe Model 442
- Axe Weight 2.3 kg / 5 pounds
- Length with handle: 70 cm (27.5")
- Sheath in vegetable tanned leather
- Hawk Length: 6 1/2 - Inch
- Handle: American Hickory
- Overall Length: 26 - Inch
- Steel: Drop Forged 1055 Carbon
- Primary Edge: 4 1/2 - Inch
Splitting Ax Guidebook
Heating costs have been steadily rising for years. Therefore, it is not surprising that more and more property owners are increasingly turning to additional wood firing. Of course, these are commercially available for these purposes firewoodeven in the shredded state to find, however, can be additionally save money if the wood itself is split. With a high quality and good Splitting Axe This work is greatly facilitated. But how does one differ? Splitting Axe of conventional models and what are the advantages? What should consumers look for when they are looking for a good one Splitting Axe do?
[h2] What is a splitting ax? [/ h2]
A Splitting Axe is a Toolwith which chopped sawn wood can be minced on a chopping block. It has a blade that is forged from a piece of steel and they are equipped with a slim, double-sided sanded. Slitting axes are used primarily for felling trees. Using kinetic energy, the consumer on the axtransfers the billet is made to break.
[h2] The Benefits of a Splitting Ax [/ h2]
Slitting axes are particularly suitable for splitting wood with fibers in the longitudinal direction and it is precisely this point that distinguishes them from the other forest axes. Due to the special shape of the Splitting Axe penetrate them quickly and easily into the piece of wood and the broad part of the ax then pushes the wood apart. This design also ensures that the splitting ax is not stuck so fast and penetrating in the firewood.
Anyone who cuts his own firewood to the desired size can save a lot of money these days. Especially in rural areas, wood can be obtained very cheaply. With just a few ax strikes, firewood can be easily procured with a splitting ax.
The tool can also be used as an impact tool if required. If, for example, wooden pegs have to be knocked into the ground on a property, the dull neck of slotted axes is ideal. The use of a splitting ax thus gives the user the following advantages:
– Heating costs are reduced
– Brennhoz procurement is particularly cost-effective
– also serves as impactor
[h2] What should be considered when buying? [/ h2]
In the trade different slotted axes different manufacturers are available. Of course, this does not always make it easy for consumers to choose a particular tool. So that there are no nasty surprises after the purchase, the following factors should influence the purchase decision:
1. Stalk execution
For the stem either wood or plastic is used. In any case, the ax handle should have an ergonomic shape to hold securely in the hand. For a non-slip grip, there should also be a grooved rubber surface.
2nd cutting edge
The cutting edge is made of hardened steel and usually has a cutting angle of 35 to 40 degrees. For most woods, this angle ensures that the wood splits with just one hard punch.
A splitting ax usually weighs 1.5 to 2.5 kg. It is easier to handle with a light ax, but unfortunately they do not always reach the required force to penetrate the wood. With heavy models, the pieces of wood can usually be cut solid.
4. Connection between head and stem
The stem in the ax eye must be securely and firmly fixed. High-quality models are often still equipped with a special protection, which prevents a loosening of the ax head.
The smaller slotted axes are usually already available at a price between 10 and 30 euros. Larger models, however, can be between 20 and 250 euros expensive. For a good and high quality fission, the consumer has to expect an average of 50 – 100 euros. A price that pays off quickly when the cost savings in heating are taken into account.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”Splitting Axe” max=”1″]
- 0.1 Fiskars 378841-1002 X27 Super Splitting Axe (36"), Inch, Black
- 0.2 Fiskars Iso Core 8 lb Maul 36 Inch, 751110-1003
- 0.3 1844 Helko Werk Germany Saxon Splitting Axe
- 0.4 Estwing Fireside Friend Axe - 14" Wood Splitting Maul with Forged Steel Construction & Shock...
- 0.5 Husqvarna 30" Wooden Splitting Axe, Large
- 0.6 TABOR TOOLS Splitting Axe, Wood Splitting Maul with Strong Fiberglass Handle and Anti-Slip Grip....
- 0.7 Gransfors Bruk Splitting Maul 31.50 Inch Wood Splitting Axe, 450
- 0.8 Gransfors Bruks Small Splitting Axe
- 0.9 Gransfors Bruk Large Splitting Axe Collar Guard Model 442 - 5 pounds
- 0.10 Cold Steel Trail Boss Axe, 27 Inch
- 0.11 Gransfors Bruk Splitting Maul 31.50 Inch...
- 0.12 Gransfors Bruk Large Splitting Axe...
- 0.13 TABOR TOOLS Splitting Axe, Wood...
- 0.14 Estwing Fireside Friend Axe - 14" Wood...
- 0.15 Husqvarna 30" Wooden Splitting Axe,...
- 0.16 TABOR TOOLS Splitting Axe, Wood...
- 0.17 Gransfors Bruk Splitting Maul 31.50 Inch...
- 0.18 Gransfors Bruks Small Splitting Axe
- 0.19 Gransfors Bruk Large Splitting Axe...
- 0.20 Cold Steel Trail Boss Axe, 27 Inch
- 1 Splitting Ax Guidebook
- 2 Check also:
*Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links(we get a commission when you buy on amazon) / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API